What. The. F***

DJ Eco

So I know it's natural to freak out, but let's take a step back. If Kovalchuk's contract is voided then that's 11 million extra in cap space. You could sign Sam Ganger, Mason Raymond and Brad Boyes. That's a complete line.

It's 6 million and change in cap space. And you have to trade for Gagner

Wow. 

So stunned I don't know how to feel.  I don't want to hate Kovy, but man does this just suck on the highest level. 

I have no idea how the Devils bounce back from this, at least in 2013-14.  Attendance is going to be less than 10,000 a lot of nights.   

Wow. 

So stunned I don't know how to feel.  I don't want to hate Kovy, but man does this just suck on the highest level. 

I have no idea how the Devils bounce back from this, at least in 2013-14.  Attendance is going to be less than 10,000 a lot of nights.   

I was just thinking about this too.  Since I stubhub my way to games I just penciled in about 2-3 more games that I can afford to go now this season.

This is Carolina 09 levels of I think this is gonna be great to you have got to be fvcking kidding me. I'm sickened by this. At first I didn't like that we traded for him, I always recalled one play when he was in Atlanta, we were playing them, Elias stole the puck from him right at his own blueline and Kovy just watched Elias walk in, shoot and score. Then Kovy comes in, wins me over with his team play, now this? I'm disgusted.

Wow.

So stunned I don't know how to feel. I don't want to hate Kovy, but man does this just suck on the highest level.

I have no idea how the Devils bounce back from this, at least in 2013-14. Attendance is going to be less than 10,000 a lot of nights.

In my book this is Belichick-like weaselness :rant:

The attendance numbers won't take a dip till next year with 90% renewals and 2000 new sth's supposedly but rear ends in the seats will go down for sure

When's the jersey retirement?

This might be a big blow for this year (although I wouldn't write the Devils off), but losing that first-round pick will really hurt if we're bad. The NHL isn't giving back that pick, that's a dream.

At least he helped us to the Cup finals last year.

It's gotta be an illness.  There's no way he's this much of a douchebag.

I mean, I'm not saying I hope he's seriously ill.  But it'd make this whole thing much easier to swallow as a fan if he left on good terms, because right now I'm hoping his plane goes down over the middle of the ocean.

RT @AlexandrZaytsev: Sport-Express is reporting that Kovalchuk will play for SKA in the KHL.

Well nevermind.  fvck you Kovy. 

It's gotta be an illness.  There's no way he's this much of a douchebag.

I mean, I'm not saying I hope he's seriously ill.  But it'd make this whole thing much easier to swallow as a fan if he left on good terms, because right now I'm hoping his plane goes down over the middle of the ocean.

Well nevermind.  fvck you Kovy. 

It's the same illness the owners had last off season. Pure, unadulterated greed.