NJDevs '13-14 FHL (Fantasy Hockey) is ready to go!

NJDevs4978

I was half thinking of picking up Budaj for tomorrow since he's likely to start against the Devils and the Hawks are off lol...but then I realized he was on red's team.

I'm still in fantasy football mode anyway, especially with both of my teams getting shock playoff berths.  Haven't paid as much attention here as I might normally, fortunately my great draft has kept me near the top.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I officially am out of depth now losing Jaromir Jagr, Reilly Smith, Tomas Plekanic, Clarke MacArthur, Vincent Lecavalier and Steve Mason in the past week

Hopefully Phil Kessel and Ryan Getzlaf were worth it;  it's hard messing with what works; especially since I rostered routinely the first four of that group.

I officially am out of depth now losing Jaromir Jagr, Reilly Smith, Tomas Plekanic, Clarke MacArthur, Vincent Lecavalier and Steve Mason in the past week

Hopefully Phil Kessel and Ryan Getzlaf were worth it;  it's hard messing with what works; especially since I rostered routinely the first four of that group.

It is kind of hilarious irony that you're trading for Kessel and Getzlaf and I'm trading for Mason Raymond and Derek Stepan :lol:

Honestly though I don't think most of my problems can really be fixed by trading.  I'm 2nd in goals, 3rd in points, tied for 6th in assists - well really fifth factoring in the one team way ahead of its game limits - 1st in PP points and even my hits/blocks categories have gone up so my offense is fine for the most part though the Stepan trade was definitely a patch I needed with Koivu out until the Olympics (and then after he gets back Stepan can be a utility guy ideally, though I might mix and match there for a while).  Hopefully Franzen does get back soon or losing O'Reilly might hurt though.

I've said this before but it's the bad goaltending splits of my Chicago goalies - which hopefully improve in the second half - and depressed production in a couple of ancilary offensive categories (SHP, +/-) that have really prevented me from claiming the top spot.  Not much that can be done about that, it's almost impossible to chase plus/minus.  I do hope Ovechkin/Weber (my primary reasons for my bad plus/minus) pick it up in that category later on.  What worries me about you is you definitely have room to move up offensively, and while you're pretty much tapped out with your goaltending numbers you're not going to go down that much with Rask either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Away for a week and I missed alot!!

and during that week I did a slow crawl from 5th to 8th...

i seem to be going the wrong way!!

What worries me about you is you definitely have room to move up offensively, and while you're pretty much tapped out with your goaltending numbers you're not going to go down that much with Rask either.

I worry about my depth now; as I basically chose to go all-in now; and hoping I don't get a nasty injury or two that will cripple me...  but I unquestionably got the best player in each deal; and they should push my scoring up which was my obvious goal.   Plus they won't hurt me in +/- and are good PP players.    

Burning through depth allows me to play Jordan Staal and Alexander Semin - rather than guessing (always wrong).     I hate that they are both on the same team...  but I desperately needed to get Staal in on wing for his added faceoffs and his hitting... hopefully he can pick up scoring.    Semin is posting similar numbers, but without faceoffs and hits...  I wanted to trade him, but he's a low value trade right now;  I would have loved to be on the other side acquiring Semin.   I think I sold Reilly Smith and Clarke Macarthur at near peak; I definitely don't see them getting any hotter;  but at the same time, I could see them keep pace.  I'll miss Jagr.  I never keep the Devils forwards I draft

I've resigned myself  to not having a top dman this year, but happy with two #2's  in OEL and Mike Green.     I guess we can't all be the 2010 Sworn D.   (Chara-Weber-Pietrangelo-Myers).  They came in the 2nd though... bahhh                That said; I have a soft spot for top d-men if someone wants to exploit that :P

Away for a week and I missed alot!!

and during that week I did a slow crawl from 5th to 8th...

i seem to be going the wrong way!!

I went into beast trade mode.

We just need to find your a C-D who is a dynamo at faceoffs and you'll be set :)

Yeahhh I'm kinda screwed.  I really just have no scoring depth..and my D and goaltending are average but not strong enough where I could spare someone for a scorer.

Karlsson Available for a #1 goalie....

I don't suppose Robin Lehner is a #1 goalie in your mind

I'm feeling really good this morning; until I read about Getzlaf.  Hopefully negative x-rays and held out as a precaution, means just that.  :)

I'm edging up in scoring, and in a tight grouping where I'm trending in the right direction.   Provided Rask right's the ship (like last night's shutout): 3peat may actually be possible.

I got an alert on my NHL app last night about Getz and shook my head. Crazy timing if its LTIR

Yeppp, it sounds ok to me. In my cash football league I lost Julio Jones... I immediately traded my backup QB (Rivers) for Randell Cobb as a replacement... For part of one game before he went out. Injuries follow me :)

I think I could lose one of Getzlaf, Kessel, Kopitar or Rask and be ok... But definitely not two.