Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

i'm on that boat, too. That puts the Rangers on pace for 90ish points and puts them in striking distance. I don't think the Devils can get to 92 points so it helps to have more teams in the 86-90 range to pass.

pace isn't everything. it's almost a guarantee that one of these teams (buffalo, carolina, atlanta) is going to beat their pace. even though i think atlanta is the worst of those teams, atlanta has too many points to start gifting them 2 against teams that are higher in the standings.

definitely want the rangers to win tonight.

pace isn't everything. it's almost a guarantee that one of these teams (buffalo, carolina, atlanta) is going to beat their pace. even though i think atlanta is the worst of those teams, atlanta has too many points to start gifting them 2 against teams that are higher in the standings.

definitely want the rangers to win tonight.

its too early to scoreboard watch. the devils need to win. i'll scoreboard watch if they are under 10 points out at the end of february.

its too early to scoreboard watch. the devils need to win. i'll scoreboard watch if they are under 10 points out at the end of february.

i'm just having fun with this exercise. the devils are still probably worse than a 20 to 1 shot to make the playoffs, and two losses in a row any time before march 15 ends this. so since we don't get to scoreboard watch in april, why not now?

i'm just having fun with this exercise. the devils are still probably worse than a 20 to 1 shot to make the playoffs, and two losses in a row any time before march 15 ends this. so since we don't get to scoreboard watch in april, why not now?

Nice, glad to see you are on board with this ... It is at least a very good thing to keep interest in the team. I for one had little to no interest in tuning in to a game before Christmas and even into January. NOw I cant wait till the next one!!

Upcoming games:

Fri Feb 11, 2011

NY RANGERS

ATLANTA

Sat Feb 12, 2011

TORONTO

MONTREAL

Sat Feb 12, 2011

CAROLINA

TAMPA BAY

Sun Feb 13, 2011

NY ISLANDERS

BUFFALO

Sun Feb 13, 2011

PITTSBURGH

NY RANGERS

Sun Feb 13, 2011

CAROLINA

ATLANTA

Sun Feb 13, 2011

SAN JOSE

FLORIDA

Hopefully after we beat San Jose tonight they will have enough fire in their eyes that they will do us a favor and beat Florida for us on Sunday...

Wow after almost 9 yrs. I made it to 1000 posts lol

Edited by PaDevsFan

I decided I want the Rangers to LOSE tonight. ... Big shocker there, right! :D

Sitting in the 7 spot by only three more points than the Canes, I figure maybe they can be pulled down into the scrum to get into the playoffs.

Plus they're the Rangers, and the Rangers suck. :evil:

I decided I want the Rangers to LOSE tonight. ... Big shocker there, right! :D

Sitting in the 7 spot by only three more points than the Canes, I figure maybe they can be pulled down into the scrum to get into the playoffs.

Plus they're the Rangers, and the Rangers suck. :evil:

Plus lets just look at it for a second. Buffalo is only 5 points behind the Rags for 7th and they have played I beleive 3 less games? I beleive Buffalo will get in they are playing pretty solid right now. That means Rags and Canes could be fighting for that # 8 and I beleive that Atlanta while they may win some games will eventually fall some more. That is why I am rooting for Atlanta tonight, drop the Rags even further...

• Like 1

Really, all I want out of Rangers/Thrashers is a team to win in regulation. 3-point-games suck for us right now. Someone's gotta win, so let them at least do it in 60.

Exactly this. These OT games are not helping our cause.

I;m watching a replay of Major League, and maybe we need a cardboard cut-out of someone Devils-related to strip off a section each time we get a win like the Indians did :P . Open for ideas on who??

Exactly this. These OT games are not helping our cause.

I;m watching a replay of Major League, and maybe we need a cardboard cut-out of someone Devils-related to strip off a section each time we get a win like the Indians did :P . Open for ideas on who??

Lou. But they do it in reverse. A section comes off every time they lose. And there's only one section.

These are the teams I want to see lose:Sat 12th: Carolina/MontrealSun 13th: Sabres/Rangers/Florida/AtlantaTue 15th: Leafs/SabresWed 16th: Sabres/CarolinaSee you guys on Wednesday, should be a lot of fun watching these guys come back from a well deserved rest.

I think Montreal would help our cause by loosing and not by wining.

Edit:OOOPS I meant by winning and not loosint

Edited by SS-SS

Next week's worth of games for relevant teams:

NYR: PIT, LAK, @NJD

If the Rangers lose all 3 (which they very well can considering their recent play), it'd open up the 7th spot big time.

ATL: CAR, @PHO, @EDM

I'd say we want the Thrashers to beat the Hurricanes, but hopefully either the yotes or oilers can sneak out a win

CAR: @TBL, @ATL, @NJD, PHI, NJD

They have it toughest by far. 5 games in 8 days. First 3 on the road. If they drop 3 or 4 (including both against us), we'd be just a handful of points behind.

BUF:

I'm most worried about the sabres who have been playing great recently.

We have home against CAR, NYR and then at CAR.. 3 pivotal games in which we need 3 pivotal wins.

The deficit can very easily be cut down to 7-8 points by the end of the week.

Not too worried about the leafs, we'll pass them pretty soon and I don't see them making the run required for the playoffs.

NICE It is nice to see this thread taking a life of its own now that people are more and more believing!!. Now I dont have to do the daily games that we are rooting for... I will put my two cents in anyway though as I stated when I started this thread that I would do. But come on guys lets keep it going and even growing in popularity. The karma is only helping our cause. While it is still a really long shot this "improbable" (as I started out by saying) run is gaining momentum and now is looking like it will at least continue for a while more, and become even more interesting over the next week or two!!!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! Thank you for this excitement!!

Tonight is it obvious that we want Carolina to get beaten by Tampa, that may be a good thing then because tomorrow Carolina plays Atlanta (who moved ahead of them last night) So then we root for Carolina tomorrow maybe to keep these teams bunched all together (within striking distance)

I would like to see Edmonton beat Ottawa, but that game doesnt really have any impact on the Devils at this point.

Montreal beat Toronto, so Toronto does not move any further out than they are now from us. They are the next team we need to overtake...