3 Ways The Devils Have Disappointed (You) at the Break

devilsrule33

FWIW - I think 7 Nation Army has been a fantastic replacement. I saw a lot of people post/submit their options and I didn't like any of them, including my own suggestions, as much as it

I think it's a good replacement if they just kept it simple. Not really a fan of the remix + the corny "Let's Go Devils" that seems awkwardly thrown in. Just too much going on.

It's bad, but if he got every opportunity he got under Deboer in Toronto it wouldn't be that awful. I don't think anyone pointed out more than me how ridiculously lucky 50% of Clarkson's goals were, but you get on the ice and good things happen.

Carlyle is using Clarkson no different than how Lemaire did. 

He's been taken off the power play in Toronto, but even so in 2011-12 it's not like Clarkson was given great linemates - he was playing with Tedenby and Carter for half the year.  

Lemaire started him off with two guys who currently play in the AHL, but regardless, Clarkson got the short end of the luck stick in 2011 without question.

There are 70 people on this board that don't like it. We accept it, but it doesn't mean we like it.

There is also a lot of people who simply "accepted" RR2 as well.  Most of our fanbase falls into the category of that they "like the song, but don't really care" what the goal song is.  That was the case with RR2 and is currently the case with SNA.  That would be one example of just "accepting" of the goal song.

There is also a lot of people who simply "accepted" RR2 as well.  Most of our fanbase falls into the category of that they "like the song, but don't really care" what the goal song is.  That was the case with RR2 and is currently the case with SNA.  That would be one example of just "accepting" of the goal song.

at  2:58 AM you had to post this?

I kinda like the new goal song.

How did you get that 70 number?

It wasn't meant to be literal. It was meant to point out the absolutely ridiculous statement made by Mike Brown that he knew of no one that didn't like the new goal song.

Personally, I think the song itself is fine as a goal song. However, the stupid and awkward "let's go devils" chant dubbed in, and the ear splitting volume they play it at makes me hate the song.

It wasn't meant to be literal. It was meant to point out the absolutely ridiculous statement made by Mike Brown that he knew of no one that didn't like the new goal song.

Personally, I think the song itself is fine as a goal song. However, the stupid and awkward "let's go devils" chant dubbed in, and the ear splitting volume they play it at makes me hate the song.

I said I never met anybody who didn't like the goal song.  I still haven't.

:doh1:

So the people who responded here that they don't like it don't count?

Did I say that?  Let me go over the sequence one more time.

1. I say I've never met anybody who didn't like the new song.

2. Chuck then points out people on here who says they didn't like it.  He said it as if it disproves my original statement.

Since I've never met anybody on this forum, my original statement is still valid.

2. Chuck then points out people on here who says they didn't like it.  He said it as if it disproves my original statement.

Since I've never met anybody on this forum, my original statement is still valid.

Mike "The King of Semantics and Making Useless Posts" Brown

I'm very meticulous with my posts, and I don't intend people to interpret my posts in such a broad manner.

That's why, as it was suggested to you recently, posting less might be in your best interest. It looks like that was advice you choose not to take into consideration whatsoever.

I said I never met anybody who didn't like the goal song.  I still haven't.

Not to disagree with you just because we disagree on everything, but I hate SNA. I hate it as a song and as a goal song. It's just not original. At least RR2 was steeped in tradition. I feel as though if they were going to make  change, which I think was unnecessary, then at least do an original song from a Jersey artist. Off topic, but there should be a state flag in the rafters. I can't recall if they fly one outside, but there's absolutely no reason to not have one in the building.

But I feel as if New Jerseyans are generally pretty disrespectful of our state flag.

Edited by thecoffeecake

Can you not comprehend how annoying is this, in light of your penchant for post-whoring?  A lot of people on this site have never met face-to-face and likely never will...that's pretty standard for sites like this.  In all of the time I've been posting here, I've only met a handful of members (DaneykoIsGod, iamtheprodigy, Colin226, DevsMan84, and a couple that don't post here anymore).  A lot of the reason for having a website like this is so fans of the same team can "hang out" and discuss/debate various aspects of the team on and off the ice without having to do it in each other's physical presence (I can't believe this has to be explained to you, but apparently it does).  Why even bother wasting bandwidth on stupid semantics sh!t like "I never met anybody [face-to-face] who didn't like the goal song"?  What's your point exactly, that until you physically "meet" someone who says they don't like SNA, you won't believe such people exist?  People saying they don't like it on this website (which is NOT prone to much in the way of trolling) somehow doesn't count?  You're now going to drive up your post count with debating how "meeting" someone can have different compartmentalized definitions and interpretations? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Oh ok sorry lol I thought there was a poll or something here that I missed.

I do think that piped in chant is silly and the volume of everything they play at the Rock has been extremely loud for as long as I can reemmber (though it feels like it got a lot louder this year).   However, I do like the new song though.

Can you not comprehend how annoying is this, in light of your penchant for post-whoring?  A lot of people on this site have never met face-to-face and likely never will...that's pretty standard for sites like this.  In all of the time I've been posting here, I've only met a handful of members (DaneykoIsGod, iamtheprodigy, Colin226, DevsMan84, and a couple that don't post here anymore).  A lot of the reason for having a website like this is so fans of the same team can "hang out" and discuss/debate various aspects of the team on and off the ice without having to do it in each other's physical presence (I can't believe this has to be explained to you, but apparently it does).  Why even bother wasting bandwidth on stupid semantics sh!t like "I never met anybody [face-to-face] who didn't like the goal song"?  What's your point exactly, that until you physically "meet" someone who says they don't like SNA, you won't believe such people exist?  People saying they don't like it on this website (which is NOT prone to much in the way of trolling) somehow doesn't count?  You're now going to drive up your post count with debating how "meeting" someone can have different compartmentalized definitions and interpretations? 

Here is the procedure with him:

1) He makes a statement and takes a position on a topic

2) At the same time make another statement where he takes the opposite position of a topic to play "devil's advocate" and to cover all the bases.

3) When questioned on original statement or counter statement, go into incredible lengths to split hairs on semantics of what he stated and claim that what he said is true because he took all possible positions you can have on that particular topic

4) Just added at least 3-5 posts to his 20 posts a day quota - Success!

Edited by DevsMan84

Back on topic, I agree with most of what is being said here, but the Josefson thing is all on DeBoer, and no one else, imo. It's super frustrating to watch a talented player with a promising NHL career be wasted like that. To say he has been "unimpressive" or that he "has to produce" in the chances he's given is simply ridiculous. He is consistently creating chances while also being defensively responsible. Give him ten games with Jagr and Zajac and see if anything happens, not two games with limited minutes.

In the two back-to-back games Josefson had in January, the Devils played (as a team) and absolutely atrocious game vs. the Rangers and then they were shut out against the Blues. Not a single player was able to show up since the first period of the Rangers game, and for whatever reason, Josefson gets singled out as the guy who needs to make something happen. I have no idea why the rookie (Boucher) was given such a longer leash than JJ while getting to play on the top line.

Loktionov is another story. At least he has been able to stay in the lineup. He isn't exactly cut out for a bottom six role, but the Devils doesn't seem to use the bottom six quite like other teams do. Can't totally blame him for not putting up more points, but I definitely did expect some more out of him this season.

I don't know, as far as offense goes, I find it hard not to blame the non-Czech top 6 guys over the young players who are expected to make things happen under unfavorable circumstances. 

Here is the procedure with him:

1) He makes a statement and takes a position on a topic

2) At the same time make another statement where he takes the opposite position of a topic to play "devil's advocate" and to cover all the bases.

3) When questioned on original statement or counter statement, go into incredible lengths to split hairs on semantics of what he stated and claim that what he said is true because he took all possible positions you can have on that particular topic

4) Just added at least 3-5 posts to his 20 posts a day quota - Success!

2 is completely false.  You keep saying this, but never have proven it.