Year in review for NJDevs.com

DevilMinder

I can't believe how much I was missing until I joined 11 months ago. I used to feel like I was only Devils fan around because hardly anyone else in my school liked hockey, and even less liked the Devils. Then I found this board and it has been great talking to other Devils fans. I wish I would have joined a year earlier so I could have enjoyed the Stanley Cup win with all of you.

I love getting pumped for a game in the game threads, those are a lot of fun. Hopefully someday I'll be able to figure out why the chat doesn't work for me. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all the admins for their hard work and dedication! Without you it would be another year of following the Devils all by myself. If there is a lockout, I'm sure this place will get me through it. :)

Although I haven't posted many messages, I would like to say that this forum is really good!

I enjoy so much reading your messages and your discussions. Through your messages I have learnt a lot about the Devils and their fans.

And of course, I really liked the Trivia by Don!

So, Let's Go Devils! Let's Go njdevs.com

PS: Who wants to send me here in Italy some stickers or cards of the Devils? I would really appreciate it....

DM, this place just wouldn't be as good without you, and all of your work behind the scenes. I like the way you & the other admins run it - you keep control and order, but without stupid rules. And I guess that also says a lot about the maturity of the posters on here.

It's the best!!!

Thanks, guys. It's been another great year on this growing forum. Not being much of a computer guy, I can just imagine what it takes to keep something like this going (and I dont just mean money). Please leave an address for contributions.

I've only been a member since Feb, but wow, it's been so fun. I don't know how I managed to stray onto/into this forum or, indeed, how I managed to find it, but it has enabled me to come out of my Devils closet and share my passion with like-minded people and for that, I shall be eternally grateful.

Special mention to Crasher who was like a god to me 'cos I'd read his reviews for YEARS and always wondered what he'd be like as a person. hehehe...how the mighty fall :P (jus' kiddin')

Edited by ciyenne

I've been reading and contributing on hockey related boards online since 1992. Back then it was USENET only, and then slowly the Web started to take over and what emerges are fantastic places like this one.

I've read hundreds and hundreds of boards over the years, and this one is truly one of the very best I've ever seen.

Congratulations and Kudos to the admin staff and the members! :clap:

Here's hoping we have some games to cheer about next season.

Special mention to Crasher who was like a god to me 'cos I'd read his reviews for YEARS and always wondered what he'd be like as a person. hehehe...how the mighty fall :P (jus' kiddin')

it's the height thing isn't it ??? It's always the height thing I swear !!! :lol:

Between me posting that old prom picture and how loud I come off as... NO ONE

expects me to be 5'7'' :P

I should have chimed in on this thread before, it's hard for me to compare this place

to other forums (except my own of course which just rules cause it's mine :D ) for

besides from devilsnews which basicially went belly up this was the first forum I got

involved with, so it's hard to compare them... it's been a fun year and a half and I'm

hoping this place can fill my fix for the off-season... and of course this forum is the reason I have suck a good place to play goal now ... thank you !!! :clap:

I have really enjoyed this forum so much. Its awesome to talk to a bunch of real fans because here in Arizona, there are no fans. I love hockey and I would go crazy if I could not talk hockey all the time.

DM,

Thank you for another great year.

In regards to donations, count me in.

BTW...Have you considered making a annual NJDEVS.COM Tshirt sale? I would imagine that could easily drum up the $500-600 needed to run the site. Getting 50 shirts printed should cost at or less then $10 per. Charge $20, Im sure you would move all 50. You can have a contest each year for designs/concepts etc. I know it would be an added responsibility, but I also know the idea of a site t-shirt has been briefly kicked around before. I bet the NJDEV.COm faithful would each love one, myself included. Anyway its just an idea.

I visit here 3 times daily. It is my source for devils info, which there is not much to read here in Virginia. You guys are my kinda people! Thanks admin!

Vince