22 replies to this topic

#1 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

He's always making the play before the play.

Always seems to be in the right spot at the right time and he's always giving 100%.

I once considered him our most tradable asset (as in the one guy besides the superstars who would bring in the best return), but now I don't think he's replaceable.

Nothing we don't know already, really, but I wanted to show him some appreciation for the work he's been doing this year.

#2 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

I like Dainius ZuuuuuuuuuuuuuBruuuuuuuuuss
Sometimes he's a little invisible for a few games but then BOOM he has a killer game
and he's been a good player for us in the playoff's..thats always a good thing

#3 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

agree! Zub is having a strong year! he's a one man forechecking machine; looks like spiderman on the boards. he appears way more confident skaking with the puck too and showed off a spin-o-rama to boot! lol

and to think deboer demoted him earlier

Edited by EdgeControl, 29 December 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#4 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

Zubrus has definitely made noticeable improvements in his game since signing here. Whether that's a testament to him working harder or just getting comfortable in New Jersey in general is what I'm curious about.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#5 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

Best shot % in team (without 3 shots of urbom=-) )

he looks awesome in forecheck, sh, es.
whats wonder - he didn`t get a shot or assist but his moves create goals
best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#6 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

I like Dainius ZuuuuuuuuuuuuuBruuuuuuuuuss
Sometimes he's a little invisible for a few games but then BOOM he has a killer game
and he's been a good player for us in the playoff's..thats always a good thing

Please explain what he has done in the playoffs? thanks

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

he's been a sniper this year for sure geez

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

a goal and 2 assists in 3 playoff years. But it's his play that makes him important. If the rest of the team could play like they give a damn during the playoffs then maybe it'd be more noticeable.
Devils.

#9 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

He's the only guy to show the f up in some of those playoff games
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#10 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

This board really is in a "what have you done for me recently" mentality. This guy underachieved for arguably the majority of his contract with the Devils up until this year (and maybe during the run last year).

He's having a great year so far this year, but let's not get carried away here. He's finally living up to his contract.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 29 December 2011 - 09:46 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#11 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Since the playoff series against Philly, he's been using his body effectively. Our complaint with him was always he played like he was smaller. He hasn't done that lately. He may never be a goal scoring machine, but he's done a great job getting the skill players on his line the puck where they can do some damage.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#12 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Do you remember that year when we played the Flyers and everybody seemed to don't give a fvck and play like sh!t ? The only guy who was playing with his heart and giving his maximum in these playoffs was Danius Zubrus.

Do you remember that superb first half of the season last year. The only player who constantly played with his heart and gave all he had every night while the rest of the team was sleeping is Danius Zubrus.

Just for that I think he is a big part of this team.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#13 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Even if he's not producing he's playing well.

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,579 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

This board really is in a "what have you done for me recently" mentality. This guy underachieved for arguably the majority of his contract with the Devils up until this year (and maybe during the run last year).

He's having a great year so far this year, but let's not get carried away here. He's finally living up to his contract.

That's not Zubrus's fault. He hasn't lived up to his contract, but he's been a solid contributor every year he's been here. This year the pucks happen to be going in at a higher rate than usual, I'm sure that will likely slow down, but if he can put in between 15 and 20, that's a solid year. And remember, this is year 5 of a 6 year deal. There's not a lot of 6 year deals for average-type players that work out well, but this one is.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#15 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

Zubrus drives you crazy because he has games that he plays like a beast. Then sometimes he has stretches where you could do play by play and not call his name once. This year he's been more consistent and its showing up on the stat sheet.

#16 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

:hail: :hail:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#17 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

For those of you who say he's "finally" living up to his contract....

07/08- 13g, 25a, 28 pts, +2
08/09- 15g, 25a, 40 pts, +6
09/10- 10g, 17a, 27 pts, +4
10/11- 10g, 17a, 30 pts, -11
11/12- 10g, 9a, 19pts, +/- 0

This year on pace for: 22g, 20a, 42pts, +/- 0

So he's on pace to only beat his 08/09 season by two points.

What I think this is... is Devil fans getting the wrong impression of the kind of player Zubrus is. When he was signed... he was seen as the Gomez replacement. Were fans expecting 60/70 pts a year? His best season was in Washington when he got 57 points playing aside Alex Ovechkin. Currently the numbers that Adam Henrique is enjoying with who he is playing with.

We saw two season ago that whenever Zubrus was paired with Parise/Zajac, he would all of a sudden start putting up some points. Then for some reason, Sutter/Lemaire would take him off of that line and his stats would suffer.

Even since he got here, he's been consistent with his board play and what he beings to this team. He's been the same player the whole time. He's used on the penalty kill as well as the power play... he's also been asked to play every forward position. I have been a huge fan of his for his entire stay here in NJ. Not to mention off the ice there's no one nicer than he.

Zubes is one of my favorite Devils for sure... always has been.

#18 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Yeah its Zubies effort and attitude I consider valuable ...not so much his "numbers"

#19 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

For those of you who say he's "finally" living up to his contract....

07/08- 13g, 25a, 28 pts, +2
08/09- 15g, 25a, 40 pts, +6
09/10- 10g, 17a, 27 pts, +4
10/11- 10g, 17a, 30 pts, -11
11/12- 10g, 9a, 19pts, +/- 0

This year on pace for: 22g, 20a, 42pts, +/- 0

So he's on pace to only beat his 08/09 season by two points.

What I think this is... is Devil fans getting the wrong impression of the kind of player Zubrus is. When he was signed... he was seen as the Gomez replacement. Were fans expecting 60/70 pts a year? His best season was in Washington when he got 57 points playing aside Alex Ovechkin. Currently the numbers that Adam Henrique is enjoying with who he is playing with.

We saw two season ago that whenever Zubrus was paired with Parise/Zajac, he would all of a sudden start putting up some points. Then for some reason, Sutter/Lemaire would take him off of that line and his stats would suffer.

Even since he got here, he's been consistent with his board play and what he beings to this team. He's been the same player the whole time. He's used on the penalty kill as well as the power play... he's also been asked to play every forward position. I have been a huge fan of his for his entire stay here in NJ. Not to mention off the ice there's no one nicer than he.

His best season was the year before we got him - he had 60 points and he was looking like the kind of player who could do 70. His play changed for the Devils a lot. And yes he's only on pace for a few points more but 22G would be much better than usual.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#20 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

My feelings exactly. Since he arrived, he's probably been our most consistent forward not named Elias. Even guys like Zach and Zajac have hit their cold spells. But Zubes seems to go out every night, be a beast on the boards, play whatever role is asked of him well (1st, 2nd, 3rd line, PP, PK, center, left wing, right wing, whatever) and rarely make a bad play with or without the puck. His ability to slide in and out of roles and positions without any awkward learning curves has given this team a tremendous amount of flexibility in its lines and capabilities.

He's been a favorite of mine since Day 1 here. Big time.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users