2013 NJDevs Fantasy Hockey

redruM

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I almost forgot about it already...this is gonna be 'interesting' with only two weeks to get a league set up.

EDIT: Okay the league's set up. I may wait to make another post for the season thread once all the settings can be finalized though, but I already got the info up on status updates. Hopefully enough people join that it's a viable enough league, I'm not expecting 20 or anywhere close to it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Thats okay...truth be told my heart isnt in it yet - though I do want to atone for last year's autodraft fiasco.

If we don't get a decent number (at least 12 or so) by the end of next week, there's really no point in doing it imo, considering the 16-20 size most years is what makes it challenging and different.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I tried to join but it say the maximum number of teams has been met. Is this correct?

Max number of teams says 20, and there's only 5. I don't know why you'd get that message...I checked again and it still has max teams of 20. And it's run through Yahoo! to answer the other question.

ayl (the defending champ and my rival) better join up or this ain't going to feel like much of a league. He'll still get his choice of draft position if he signs up and the rest of it will be randomized. If he doesn't, I don't know how I'll do it next year - assuming we have enough to run a league - since he deserves to have the pick of where he drafts, which is our normal 'prize' for the league winner.

I get an error message too:

There was a problem

• There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

I found the problem, apparently when you renew a league even if you only invite 'some' teams back, all the roster spots get frozen for who participated last year. It's been fixed now so everyone that was trying to get in before, try again now. Sorry for the inconvenience, if anyone else has a problem lemme know (PM or here).

Right now it looks like the draft date will be next Friday night since the season's supposed to start on Saturday. I want to have as much time to fill the league as possible. I'll probably freeze up invites by next Friday afternoon so I can input the draft order.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I found the problem, apparently when you renew a league even if you only invite 'some' teams back, all the roster spots get frozen for who participated last year. It's been fixed now so everyone that was trying to get in before, try again now. Sorry for the inconvenience, if anyone else has a problem lemme know (PM or here).

Right now it looks like the draft date will be next Friday night since the season's supposed to start on Saturday. I want to have as much time to fill the league as possible. I'll probably freeze up invites by next Friday afternoon so I can input the draft order.

Nice I'm in.

Any chance anyone will want to do late afternoon Friday? Or anytime Thursday?

up to 9, need at least 3 more.. where are all the regulars??

There really 'aren't' a lot of regulars anymore. halfshark left last year, Manta's taking a sabbatical this year, Swede/Devilswede (both of whom used to be chief rivals) fell off the map and lost interest. You, me, ayl and DM are pretty much it in terms of board regulars, everyone else sorta rotates year by year.

And last year in a full offseason to get people signed up it dropped from 20 to 17 teams. So far we're at 10 including ayl...if we could get six more in the next week that'd be great. Like I said two more is bare minimum, though really I'd rather have it be 14-15 'at least'.

don't post much but signed up.

Doesn't matter how much you post, so long as you play and don't leave a dead team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Rotisserie...48 game limits per position, everyone starts 2 C (meaning 96 games you can play combined at C), 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, one Utility player (extra forward or D) and one goalie. Rosters are eighteen spots apiece - twelve starters, six bench players.

Forward/defense categories (10): G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, Faceoffs, Hits and Blocks

Goalie categories (4): W, GAA, Save Pct, SHO

There's a lot more offensive categories cause in a bigger league goaltending can get pretty scarce. Draft is this Friday at 8:30, so everyone can have their team before the puck drops Saturday. If you happen to miss the draft or need to make add/drops, all players become FA's right after the draft so you can set your roster in time for Saturday.

League closes for registration on Friday afternoon. Info to sign up is in one of my posts earlier this thread, or my/red's status updates. Draft order'll be randomized except for ayl who gets the #1 pick for winning last year, or the choice to defer and pick another spot in the draft.