2013 NJDevs Fantasy Hockey

redruM

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team is officially been bitten by the injury bug. Bieska and Oshie both out for who knows how long.

Vincent Lecavlier, Tyler Ennis, Radim Vrbata, Rene Bourque, Dmitry Kulikov... and I just got Brent Burns back.

It's going to be a wild finish considering half the teams in front have obliterated their game limits :lol:

I feel like I have all the pieces to win or at least be top two-three but I haven't been able to figure out how put the puzzle together yet.  Muzzin's been a godsend on defense and hopefully I get Green back this week, maybe I should finally bench Schultz :P

Red is geared up steal that elusive 19th point in faceoffs from Has :P   Holy flex centers

lol I may have to put Bozak back in the lineup too to help keep that point now that Desharnais has cooled down (other than the one game I sat him of course).  But I'll take my position in the standings over his even if/when he gets that extra point :lol:

If my team could score more than one goal a night and block some shots, I'd be sitting pretty.

I was hoping to steal Crosby at the 5 spot... So at least he's not torching it up in goals... But an insane amount of helpers.

Then again, I traded my best scorer for Suter and Franzen. very happy with Suter, Franzn less so.

I think I'll finish in the bottom of the top 5...

My goalie situation has killed me, I cannot seem to play the right 1, everytime I play Fluery he has 2 or 3 bad games, so I bench him and he gets a freakin shut!!

I'm hoping I can somehow make the top 5 but I donot see it happening this year...

Almost snuck into top 5... I'm due for a dip though.

I know it's early to suggest, but I miss PIMs... It opens another class of players up to manage another category... Creating more depth and decision points. I like blocks/hits, but the numbers seem very arbitrary... More so then a ref's roughing, tripping, fighting etc,...

I don't miss PIM's at all, they're the only category where you could debate whether you were rewarding a good stat or a bad stat :P

At least Hits and Blocks are always good and help de-weight scoring's importance a little.  Subjective yes (so are saves, for that matter - there's no way we outshot Ottawa 34-14 last night), but good - and a bit of a wild-card category.  Not having many blocks has hurt me this year even when I was strong in other categories.  Hits I'm getting there with Ott and Brown now.

I actually forgot I set the trade deadline for last Thursday :lol:  I don't know why I made it early compared to the NHL deadline.  Maybe I'll just extend it a couple weeks, since I still can tweak the setting.  I don't think anyone'll mind an extension of the deadline lol.  I'm probably done dealing anyway.

EDIT: Okay I've extended the trade deadline - it now goes till April 4.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I thought it was because it was the last option but when I went to the menu it wasn't.  Maybe I thought the NHL trade deadline was earlier than it was, I always like to set it for around the same date.

Honestly in roto; I wouldn't be upset if it was a day or two after the NHL deadline.     You can have a full value understanding of where UFA rentals land.   Then again, trades have steep diminishing returns in roto leagues, that the impact is really quite minimal unless you are on the cusp of the eclipsing a category and need that little bit of umphh..      unlike a H2H playoff league, where every week you are 'reset'

Honestly in roto; I wouldn't be upset if it was a day or two after the NHL deadline.     You can have a full value understanding of where UFA rentals land.   Then again, trades have steep diminishing returns in roto leagues, that the impact is really quite minimal unless you are on the cusp of the eclipsing a category and need that little bit of umphh..      unlike a H2H playoff league, where every week you are 'reset'

Well they only give you the option of one day a week.  It was March 21, March 28, then April 4 - which is at least a day after the deadline.  April 11 was actually the last possible date I could have put but it seems silly at that point given there's 'two' weeks left in the regular season by then.  At least NHL teams are dealing for the playoffs too, we're only dealing for the last few weeks of the season.

In a future year it's probably a good rule of thumb to remember that (have our deadline a few days after the real NHL one) though, when there are at least several weeks left in the season post-deadline.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No offense but I don't know what's goofier, one guy picking up an IR'ed goalie on waivers, or another one trading for him.  Couldn't let that whole deal stand really, sorry Mazz.

No problem. I thought personally it was a fair deal.  DM would have finally get that number one starting goalie he wanted since the season started. (When healthy and that really shouldn't be a long time off anyway) I round off my depth at Center and and Defense and DM gets quality parts in Greene and Laich. Really didn't seem like a "fleecing" in any respects.  Also in regards to picking up Lindback. You mean to tell me picking up a number one goaltender on waivers who is on IR and who should be back in a fairly recent amount of time is foolish? Especially when he is a solid number one? I don't get that at all. When healthy a Quick/Bernier/Lindback tandem is going to be very strong going into the home stretch of things.

Not like I'm picking Karlsson up here. I just disagree on the entire thing.

Edited by TheMazz

Picking him up to stash on IR for the hell of it's fine if your IR slots aren't filled already and you're not dropping anyone particularly useful to make room, but Lindbach's got a high ankle sprain, he's not coming back anytime soon (officially listed as 'out indefinitely' on his player card) and there's only a month left in the season.  Craig Anderson had a high ankle sprain more than a month ago and still ain't back.  Peters almost certainly gets more starts than Lindbach gets the rest of the season since he's the only guy left standing the next couple weeks.  And Lindbach's got a 2.88 GAA and .903 save, it's not like he was a top-shelf guy statistically anyway.

The Martin-Greene part is definitely advantage you.  Laich/Berglund is 'at best' slight advantage DM, and that's more because of periphery #'s than anything else.  But that's the only part of the deal I can even argue would favor him, assuming Laich comes back from injury and slots in at past season levels quickly over fifteen games.

Edited by NJDevs4978