DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

You gotta figure since the last few rows in both sections were standing, if we were in one section it would've looked a lot better, but we were still loud and we tried out some new chants, and I have no doubts we had a positive impact on the crowd and players. It was awesome that NJ Devil came to our section for so long as well.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game from my position. But I was in section 17/18 breaking someone. I could hear the marty and LGD chants perfectly. I only noticed about 3-5 rows entirely standing. That was a huge disappointment. I also noticed someone wearing a white jersey? But that was when we were down 2-1. So maybe that's why.

Two things about chants. When you're on the side of the opposing goalie, do lots of taunts towards him. Even before he's scored on.

Another I think would be funny is during a PK, it would take a lot of coordination though. But do the usual defense chant while killing, and if they go for a short handed scoring attempt start chanting offense instead

Totally off topic, but I was in section 18, were you the usher right outside the lounge with the ponytail and beard?

It was nice to be part of the Supporters section again. Unfortunately I only could cheer and clap with the rest of you, since the people in the row behind me weren't part of our section and I didn't want to be a jerk and block their view. If I wasn't with my friend I would have moved. Hopefully next time I'll be in spot where I can stand the whole time since that is a lot more exciting and makes you feel a lot more a part of the section.

Also for as many tickets that were sold, there seemed to be a lot of people that weren't there with the intentions of being a supporter...a lot of people just sitting there doing nothing.

It was nice to be part of the Supporters section again. Unfortunately I only could cheer and clap with the rest of you, since the people in the row behind me weren't part of our section and I didn't want to be a jerk and block their view. If I wasn't with my friend I would have moved. Hopefully next time I'll be in spot where I can stand the whole time since that is a lot more exciting and makes you feel a lot more a part of the section.

Also for as many tickets that were sold, there seemed to be a lot of people that weren't there with the intentions of being a supporter...a lot of people just sitting there doing nothing.

Where were your seats?

This is something I'm going to have to work on with the Devils because I'm 99.9% positive that everyone in both sections from rows 9 to 14 bought tickets through the link. Next time the link has to be more clear about whats going on in the section. Either way it's nothing that can't be fixed and worked on for the next game.

Lol. I was sitting next to someone in 114 that looked like they were FORCED at gun point to attend the game. They showed signs of life whenever the devils layed a big hit, but nothing for anything else. I hope that kid does not become a serial killer when they group up!

Where were your seats?

This is something I'm going to have to work on with the Devils because I'm 99.9% positive that everyone in both sections from rows 9 to 14 bought tickets through the link. Next time the link has to be more clear about whats going on in the section. Either way it's nothing that can't be fixed and worked on for the next game.

I was in 107 row 12 seat 12. I mean it was still a great time, but I would definitely like to be more involved like I was able to the first game by standing with the rest of everyone. It is possible the family behind me had tickets before the supporter section was moved there, so one idea I had was perhaps the ushers could "warn" the people that this is a supporter's section that involves standing and cheering all game, and if they do not wish to participate they could be moved to another section (of equal value) where they can sit and enjoy the game. There are enough empty seats at the games that I'm sure this could done, though I'm not sure if it would be too inconvenient.

Im so glad that you guys had a win for this outing ...again all props to Satan .. your baby sir..

I still think you need a name for the supporters for so many reasons ..

who are those guys ,making all that noise? oh that the Devils Sons ..

Doc speaking .. the noise you hear behind me in section xxx is the Devils Own, a group of supporters who are committed to the devils and sow it by cheering all game thru chants and songs ...

pa announcer - remember fans next sat feb xx is a "Minions" night -- where you have chance to purchase tixxs in section xxx and spend your nite among the Minions standing chanting and cheering your Devils on...

smilydev.gif

Ah, I kept passing by you to get back in the lounge :lol:

I was wearing a white Stevens jersey with a green hoodie

Sorry buddy, but with what I was doing, id remember you better if you told me what your hand looked like ha. Didn't pay too much attention to anyone coming in, unless I joked with you. Which I usually do

I was in 107 row 12 seat 12. I mean it was still a great time, but I would definitely like to be more involved like I was able to the first game by standing with the rest of everyone. It is possible the family behind me had tickets before the supporter section was moved there, so one idea I had was perhaps the ushers could "warn" the people that this is a supporter's section that involves standing and cheering all game, and if they do not wish to participate they could be moved to another section (of equal value) where they can sit and enjoy the game. There are enough empty seats at the games that I'm sure this could done, though I'm not sure if it would be too inconvenient.

You were pretty much directly in front of me all game, and I still didn't recognize you. Damn.

There aren’t many compelling reasons to attend Devils games these days. The tickets aren’t cheap and the team does not hold out hope of making the playoffs.

But the 16,197 faithful fans who came to the Prudential Center Sunday were rewarded with a rarity.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/01/devils_erupt_for_five_third-pe.html

Kenny Daneyko on the post game show tonight - "and speaking of the crowd, they were just terrific this evening, they were rooting the devils on so you just felt something good was going to happen"

Awesome. I love to hear this. The teams feed off of the crowd.

...Another I think would be funny is during a PK, it would take a lot of coordination though. But do the usual defense chant while killing, and if they go for a short handed scoring attempt start chanting offense instead

That would be funny! Taste of Hollywood there if we were able to pull it off. Imagine the highlights on that one! LOLLOLOLLOLLOLOLL

Hey, were you somewhere between Ice and Goal bar for Tuesdays debacle against the Wild? I saw an usher resembling you laughing it up on my way to see Dano. Didn't think to see if it was you though. :noclue:

Kenny Daneyko on the post game show tonight - "and speaking of the crowd, they were just terrific this evening, they were rooting the devils on so you just felt something good was going to happen"

That is friggin awesome! Really gives merit to the noise fans make when a player/explayer comments on it!! :koolaid: :koolaid:

Edited by Masked Fan

And this is what this section is all about. There are a number of ways the crowds could go during this disaster year, especially with a spoiled fan base. You could have half-empty at best dead crowds, or you could be loud and keep cheering this team on no matter the situation. I think this will go a long way in helping the players moral too. We already know Marty heard the crowd chanting. It has to be a good feeling for him that the crowd still has his back. Hopefully when Kovy starts scoring, the fans will do the same thing because the reality is this is a very long-term deal, so it will definitely help him out mentally.

Still think some creative minds can work on some new cheers, but looks and sounds good so far.

Sat in the “Devils Supporters” section 106, balcony, for $20. Great seats, except the fans were too rowdy. My bud (a PhD), had a fight with the girl (dual nose nostril rings) behind him, she told him to “F” off. Security was gonna kick them out, but we opted to move - security let us move to a table above the Zamboni ramp. Great view for the Devils 5 third period goals.

Posted by crapper on 01/09 at 11:21 PM

Comment from the fire and ice post on Brodeur shooting.

I guess some people just dont get it :noclue:

Gotta make sure people don't start using the section to get good seats cheap.

I don't like the way he digs at the dual nostril triple nose rings like it's a bad thing. Hey "crapper", F you and your "buds" PhD. dry.gif

Edited by Masked Fan

Too bad you could not determine who bought their tickets outside of the Supporters deal. This way if you had seats say in row 3, and they were in row 8, you could switch seats with them. This way all the supporters are in the back of the section. I am sure they wouldnt mind sitting lower.

I hope the orgnization recognizes this and sets aside a complete section for this. All too often i am in a quiet section and it is hard for me to get some chants going.....Strength in numbers.

awesome!

loss of voice? check

looking forward to causing mayhem again? absolutely, let's get the next one rolling :)

don't forget to check out the last baron from crack the skye i was talking about, it would work great.

here's a link for everyone, replace the first words with 'i guess they would say we could set this ice ablaze!' followed by a clever second line i guess.

it goes please please take my hand please take my soul so we can all be around,

can replace by please please take our chants, please take our sould so we can all win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD_CbZJ9yOE

Edited by ZeroGravityFat