The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

I cant believe so many fans defending the Flyers in the Pens Flyers series. Yes the Penguins are playing dirty but it takes 2 to dance. The flyers love this type of hockey and live for it. They crash the net and do things to get under the other teams skin. Laviolette coached the hurricanes to do the same thing. Hartnell is a dirty whiner just like Crosby can be.

If we make it out of the first round and happen to play the flyers I will despise that series. they are going to go after players like Parise all game long. Hopefully we'll know to fight back to.... I guess thats why we have Boulton and Janssen waiting....

Not lucky, the Rangers have been playing playoff hockey all season. Ottawa's like a poor man's version of the Caps, same type of system but not with the same type of talent.

i dont remember where i read it but months ago there were people claiming the rangers were beneficiaries of a light schedule. im assuming that talk was quieted.

leave it to boyle to score that goal. the biggest pansy north of pittsburgh. ottawa missing alfredsson is huge more then the rangers missing hagelin as the rangers are the deeper team.

if it breaks right (devils lose, caps lose) for them they could have florida in the next round which would pave the way to the conference finals. its all a matter of draws and they'll potentially have two favorable draws in a row and perhaps three if they play the flyers in the conference finals.

Edited by hockey3893498

Give me a break. Lundqvist saved their asses tonight.

And? They also won a key game on the road after being jipped of one of their key role players thanks to the NHL's suspension roulette wheel. System teams usually match up well with run-and-gun teams in the playoffs, unless the run-and-gun team has a lot more talent - the way the Caps did when they played the Rangers. Ottawa has talent but not 'that' kind of talent.

Elite goalies can do that sometimes, unfortunately it's been so long since Marty did in the postseason we forgot what that looks like :P

And? They also won a key game on the road after being jipped of one of their key role players thanks to the NHL's suspension roulette wheel. System teams usually match up well with run-and-gun teams in the playoffs, unless the run-and-gun team has a lot more talent - the way the Caps did when they played the Rangers. Ottawa has talent but not 'that' kind of talent.

Elite goalies can do that sometimes, unfortunately it's been so long since Marty did in the postseason we forgot what that looks like :P

The last time Marty stole a game the way Lundqvist stole this one was game 5 in 2009. He was epic in that game.

I don't give a **** who we play in the second round, so long as we're playing there this year. All I really wanted out of this season is to finally win a series at the Rock and be competitive in the second round. This team really can't do much more than that unless they massively overachieve or Marty turns back the clock.

Rangers didn't play their best game, but Lundqvist stole this one for them.

I shutter to possibly play them next round, that goalie has our number.

A lot of goalies have our number. :P

I don't give a **** who we play in the second round, so long as we're playing there this year. All I really wanted out of this season is to finally win a series at the Rock and be competitive in the second round. This team really can't do much more than that unless they massively overachieve or Marty turns back the clock.

Yeah, I think we have about equal expectations for this group this season. And from what I've seen in the first 2 games, Marty, while he's been pretty good, hasn't been turning back any clocks.

Bruins-Caps got a little feisty in the third period tonight.

A lot of these first-round matchups have been fun to watch, lots of rough stuff going on all over the place. So far, the least physical series out of all of them might be the Devils-Panthers, I guess?

You guess? Hell yeah its been cream puff war out there , cmon boys get a little nastier. Please?

LOL, I agree. But I also haven't seen a much of Wings-Preds or Hawks-Yotes, so I don't know if there's been any rough stuff going on in those series.

if it breaks right (devils lose, caps lose) for them they could have florida in the next round which would pave the way to the conference finals. its all a matter of draws and they'll potentially have two favorable draws in a row and perhaps three if they play the flyers in the conference finals.

Rangers can't play Florida next round no matter what happens.

Rangers can't play Florida next round no matter what happens.

Good catch. If the Devils and Caps both lose, the Rangers will play Philly/Pitt and the Bruins get the Panthers. The Rangers can only play seeds 4-7 (Pitt, Philly, Devils, Caps) in the 2nd round.