DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Great Game.
Frank Seravalli, Phila Daily News:

"New Jersey's run to the Stanley Cup finals last spring was so insignificant, so inconsequential for the team that has won more Cups in the last 17 years than the Flyers have in 45, that there was never even a mention of the Devil's Eastern Conference championship banner at the home opener. It was simply hanging in the rafters with the rest. Ho-hum."

Like DeBoer said- " There aren't any parades for second place." Unless you are in Philly.

Love it.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#222 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,498 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm always very pro-Newark's revitalization and always give it the benefit of the doubt. I think a thriving Newark is good for NJ and it would be great for the Devils. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It sucks that the few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone. Still not sure I can bring myself to park on the street again. Driving home with a broken window on the coldest night of the year is not something I want to relive.

Yeah parking on the street never appealed to me in Newark, and I've walked down Broad Street a mile plus from the arena to the train station at night. But most of the free parking isn't exactly around the 'good' areas.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#223 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm always very pro-Newark's revitalization and always give it the benefit of the doubt. I think a thriving Newark is good for NJ and it would be great for the Devils. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It sucks that the few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone. Still not sure I can bring myself to park on the street again. Driving home with a broken window on the coldest night of the year is not something I want to relive.

Just park at the garage across from Port 44 bro, I park there every game I go to. The staff is awesome there, really nice people. Its $15 to park for the night, but if you have season tickets and go all the time, maybe you can get a parking pass there.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#224 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

schenn is suspended for one game... geez

http://video.nhl.com...=195296&lang=en

lol looking at the next suspension in line in the videos.... Volchenkov must hate carrying the puck in that corner lol

Edited by SterioDesign, 23 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#225 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Clear launch before contact, contact to head, good ruling, one game is worthy of that hit.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#226 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I've always had good luck down neck. If you've got time to walk, you can usually get parking a couple blocks past Hell's Kitchen, and the neighborhood is a hell of a lot better on that end of the tracks.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#227 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Watching the Shanahan ruling, much more serious of a charge than I saw during the game.

-Charging
-No 'Apparent Injury'
-No History

I presume you have to be seriously injured to impose the 'real' disciplinary action for the infraction.

Since Brayden Shenn has ZERO infractions, this is his 'mulligan'.

schenn is suspended for one game... geez

Edited by HOLLYWOOD, 23 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#228 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Flyers just announced that slimeball Hartnell is out "indefinitely".

Oh darn :giggle:

#229 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Flyers will be going nowhere.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#230 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=195296
schenn suspended one game

#231 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sucks but at least you're okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I'm surprised you didn't have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There's a meth clinic nearby...

You're from Caldwell right? Take the 29 bus straight in or park at Grove Street station in Bloomfield and take the subway.

Edited by Marv4Life, 23 January 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#232 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Clear launch before contact, contact to head, good ruling, one game is worthy of that hit.

it seems right.

#233 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hartnell out for awhile for his foot.. awesome

www.SterioDesign.com

#234 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

I didn't notice the charge because of Simmonds shenanigans immediately afterwards.

And Hartnell's out? Good..good...let it all just burn down to the ground.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#235 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Sucks but at least you're okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I'm surprised you didn't have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There's a meth clinic nearby...

You're from Caldwell right? Take the 29 bus straight in or park at Grove Street station in Bloomfield and take the subway.

Well for weekday games I have to take 78 East right from work.. Doesn't the train to Newark from Bllomfield/Montclair only go to the other station in Newark? I thought they got rid of the shuttle from there to the Rock

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#236 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

<br />Sucks but at least you&#39;re okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I&#39;m surprised you didn&#39;t have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There&#39;s a meth clinic nearby...<br /><br />You&#39;re from Caldwell right? Take the 29 bus straight in or park at Grove Street station in Bloomfield and take the subway.

<br /><br />Double post - anyone else find Tapatalk to be very glitchy?

Edited by Colin226, 23 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#237 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Well for weekday games I have to take 78 East right from work.. Doesn't the train to Newark from Bllomfield/Montclair only go to the other station in Newark? I thought they got rid of the shuttle from there to the Rock

No I mean the light rail. It goes straight to Penn Station and the stop is located on Grove Street north of Bloomfield Ave. Plenty of fans use it. The rail station for service to Broad is further up. Parking's a couple of bucks last I checked.

http://www.njtransit..._lr_nlr_map.pdf
http://www.njtransit...f/bus/T0007.pdf

Edited by Marv4Life, 23 January 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#238 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

It's $1.50 to take the city bus - and that takes ten minutes and drops you off across the street from where Uber Burger used to be. Or take the light rail (same cost) to go to Penn Station for the scenic route and walk another ten minutes indoors to get across from Championship Plaza.

Probably finding a parking lot is better though and just paying the $10-15 upfront though, cause you can get out of the city fairly easily and you wind up wasting more time after the game waiting for connections.

#239 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Very. The "edit" function doesn't seem to work very well.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#240 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

. Yes. Its very annoying.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users