RW Idea - Drew Stafford?

Mitico12

At a $4,000,000 cap hit, it may seem a bit expensive, but I think Stafford's well documented struggles in Buffalo could bode well for a team that is desperate to add a RW that can score, and perhaps Stafford to NJ could offer a fresh start to the struggling winger and maybe even help boost Zajac's confidence a bit.

Thoughts?

If you make that move, it should have been done when #9 was here, as ZP wanted some American buddies in the room to hold hands with. So unless #9 comes back in the deal, I say pass on Stafford.

I'm not sure how Zach had any relevance in this whatsoever.

If he could be acquired at a discount, sure. Are the Sabres lacking in the D department?

How many years on his deal?

I'm not sure how Zach had any relevance in this whatsoever.

If he could be acquired at a discount, sure. Are the Sabres lacking in the D department?

How many years on his deal?

Im pretty sure they are best buds and one of them was the best man for the others wedding. He is just cracking a joke I hope.

I believe he has 2 years left on his deal which pays him $4 mil per.

I'm not sure what Buffalo needs, but they certainly haven't been all that great defensively this year.  I think perhaps a good two-way center would serve their needs, and with the addition of Loki to our center depth chart, that makes a guy like Josefsson expendable and perhaps an attractive option for Buffalo.

I'm thinking Jofer and a pick would be enough to land a very underproductive and expensive Stafford from Buffalo.

I'd rather have Pominville.  I don't think Stafford is that great, and wouldn't give up much to get him.  Can definitely see Buffalo trade him at the deadline though.

Pominville is arguably one of their best forwards so I don't see Buffalo even considering a trade for Pominville.  Please note, I also would prefer Pominville over Stafford too.

I believe he has 2 years left on his deal which pays him $4 mil per.

I'm not sure what Buffalo needs, but they certainly haven't been all that great defensively this year.  I think perhaps a good two-way center would serve their needs, and with the addition of Loki to our center depth chart, that makes a guy like Josefsson expendable and perhaps an attractive option for Buffalo.

I'm thinking Jofer and a pick would be enough to land a very underproductive and expensive Stafford from Buffalo.

I think that pretty much sums it up.. If I could name a kind of player that Lou would NEVER trade for.. its a player that is, "underproductive and expensive." 

But he's Lou, I guess if he sees something he sees something.

Definitely don't get your hopes up :e-drama:

I think that pretty much sums it up.. If I could name a kind of player that Lou would NEVER trade for.. its a player that is, "underproductive and expensive." 

But he's Lou, I guess if he sees something he sees something.

Definitely don't get your hopes up :e-drama:

As much as I would like to see Lou go and trade for a top teir forward, he just is not the type he grows from within and bargin hunts occasionally he will get a rental. I still think having to except the Kovalchuck trade almost killed him but I would love to see him find some fire power from somewhere and soon. Because no matter who your goalie is you need to score and more than 2 goals.

Lets Go Devils !!!!!

Hate to say it, but Lou's not going to make any big splashes. You want a team that goes out and gets top talent from other teams then you're better off being a Penguins fan or something.

Agreed ! I highly doubt Lou makes a big splash in the market. I think we will do battle with the players we have, We're getting some of our starters back. Marty and Loktionov, and hopefully Zubs real soon.