60 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Well not a good week for the Ryan defenses, Rex Grossman going 89 yards to tie it is almost as bad as Tebow going 95 to win it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Looks like the party's coming to an end for Buffalo. (Now watch them come back.)

Ryan Fitzpatrick is crashing back to earth in a big way...after throwing for 9 TDs and 3 INTs during that 3-0 start, he's thrown for just 7 TDs and 11 INTs since (Buffalo has since gone 2-5). Over this three-game losing streak that has seen Buffalo get outscored 106-26, he's thrown for 2 TDs and 8 INTs, and has put up QB ratings of 51.9, 46.6, and 45.8. So much for Buffalo re-emerging. I did think that this part of their schedule would start to expose them (I still take the Jets far more seriously than the Bills), but it's been much harsher on them than I originally thought. They may not even finish with a .500 record.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#43 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

as with most sports related things, all things Crasher believe in turns to poo... :)

Edited by UnderDogX, 20 November 2011 - 11:50 PM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#44 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

as with most sports related things, all things Crasher believe in turns to poo... :)

97-63 on the season :P

and be glad I'm NOT believing in this team....i did for 3 quarters of this season and look how THAT turned out :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#45 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

lol at the NFL threatening to suspend Earl Bennett because he wants to wear orange cleats. Who flipping cares about a guy's cleats?!
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

lol at the NFL threatening to suspend Earl Bennett because he wants to wear orange cleats. Who flipping cares about a guy's cleats?!

And you are shocked by this, really?? uniform code means edorsement dollars to the league, and that becomes an unforgivable sin!!!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

The Pats weren't nearly as impressive as the 34-3 score would have some believe, but it's a win, gotta take it.

Still a fraud team, but the AFC is wide open...great shot to earn a #1 or #2 seed. Not sure how much that will help them come playoff time, but every little bit helps.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

The Pats weren't nearly as impressive as the 34-3 score would have some believe, but it's a win, gotta take it.

Still a fraud team, but the AFC is wide open...great shot to earn a #1 or #2 seed. Not sure how much that will help them come playoff time, but every little bit helps.

Yes Shane Falco was awful, but still.....gotta win the games you're supposed to win right??
And was nice to see the Pats working on their running game too, they're gonna need that.....

The funniest part to me is the only two teams in the AFC who seem to be playing awesomely are Miami and Denver, and we all know Denver is smoke and mirrors and Miami's too way far out of it to recover....and now with Matt Leinart running the show in Houston...geeesshhhhh, If you're above-average in the AFC now you're "good" (same in the NFC unless you're Green Bay)

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Yes Shane Falco was awful, but still.....gotta win the games you're supposed to win right??
And was nice to see the Pats working on their running game too, they're gonna need that.....

The funniest part to me is the only two teams in the AFC who seem to be playing awesomely are Miami and Denver, and we all know Denver is smoke and mirrors and Miami's too way far out of it to recover....and now with Matt Leinart running the show in Houston...geeesshhhhh, If you're above-average in the AFC now you're "good" (same in the NFC unless you're Green Bay)

It's funny how you harp on NE not running the ball and don't say a word about the Saints and Packers playing 'video game football' as well. The Packers don't bother to run most of the time and the Saints didn't even want to run in a 34-7 game against the Colts at halftime.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 November 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

It's funny how you harp on NE not running the ball and don't say a word about the Saints and Packers playing 'video game football' as well. The Packers don't bother to run most of the time and the Saints didn't even want to run in a 34-7 game against the Colts at halftime.

to me the Saints are too schizophrenic to figure out anyway....and Green Bay showed last year they can run and pound it out when they want and NEED to, New England has NEVER shown that tendency since Corey Dillion retired.....

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

That goes back to the Buffalo game, where, admittedly, NE did get a bit crazy throwing the ball when they had built up a nice lead. Since then I don't really see a game where overthrowing cost them a win...Pittsburgh and the NY Football Giants earned their wins against them.

When you have Tom Brady and a good receiving corp, and a gaggle of decent-but-not-great running backs, yeah, you're going to play to your strength.

#30 FOREVER!

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

And Kyle Orton gets put on waivers and freed from Tebowland lol. God, the Broncos really should have traded him in the offseason.

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

And Kyle Orton gets put on waivers and freed from Tebowland lol. God, the Broncos really should have traded him in the offseason.

Irony dictates he goes to the Dolphins :P

More likely...he's a Chief, and the Texans and Bears (of all teams) shake their fists in RAGE!!

And somewhere David Garrard kicks himself for getting hurt......

#54 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,294 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

By the way I told everyone Matt Moore isn't a bad QB. He's a solid no-thrills QB, and he's getting the job right now for Miami, who have looked fantastic over the last 3 weeks. Keep this up, and all those blown leads are really going to haunt them earlier in the year.

Edited by devilsrule33, 23 November 2011 - 12:23 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#55 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

By the way I told everyone Matt Moore isn't a bad QB. He's a solid no-thrills QB, and he's getting the job right now for Miami, who has looked fantastic over the last 3 weeks. Keep this up, and all those blown leads are really going to haunt them earlier in the year.

He's getting the ball to Marshall which is the key....it's a shame they picked the wrong year to get a decent stop-gap guy.....

#56 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Packer's won't be surprised if they go 16-0

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

He's getting the ball to Marshall which is the key....it's a shame they picked the wrong year to get a decent stop-gap guy.....

Marshall has been a BUST. He had 1 catch during a game the Dolphins scored 40+ points. Moore has been spreading the ball around. I would not be surprise to see Marshall's looks drop the rest of the season as he continue to drop the ball on easy passing plays.

More likely...he's a Chief, and the Texans and Bears (of all teams) shake their fists in RAGE!!

I think the Bear try to get him as Martz HATES Caleb Hanie
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

lol, you called it - the Chiefs did claim him...but I don't really see the point. They're 4-6 and this is their last six games:

Pittsburgh, at Chicago, at Jets, Green Bay, Oakland, at Denver

Even five wins is unlikely with that schedule, let alone running the table which they'd likely have to do at this point. It would be funny if the Broncos' playoff hopes came down to that final weekend at home against Orton, but I don't see the Chiefs doing anything more than potentially playing spoiler in that game.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 November 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#59 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,949 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

lol, you called it - the Chiefs did claim him...but I don't really see the point. They're 4-6 and this is their last six games:

Pittsburgh, at Chicago, at Jets, Green Bay, Oakland, at Denver

Even five wins is unlikely with that schedule, let alone running the table which they'd likely have to do at this point. It would be funny if the Broncos' playoff hopes came down to that final weekend at home against Orton, but I don't see the Chiefs doing anything more than potentially playing spoiler in that game.

One game out of first place....Shane Falco is HORRIBLE, and with the mess those QBs and teams are out there, that is ANYONE'S division....

I heard a comment on XM Radio Sunday that was brilliant....players and coaches don't care about tanking for the next guy, they don't care about the long-term, they care about getting their next contract....if they tank and do not perform they get cut (or fired) and no one will re-sign them, this is all true and adds to why the Chiefs wanted Orton....win now or be job-less later......

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Apparently your Cowboys put in a claim for Orton too, specifically to block him from the Bears :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users