NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

Oy vey...and JUST when poor Cleveland fans thought it was safe to have hope again...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10908822/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-faces-season-long-suspension

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon could face a season-long suspension after a second failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Friday.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoyer was winning games without Gordon back in the line-up.  Gordon was suspended while Hoyer got the nod.

Wrong, Gordon only missed the first two games.  Hoyer didn't get in the lineup until game #3, and Gordon was the leading receiver that game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/cle/year/2013

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's funny, I don't think there has yet been an announcement that Gordon will in fact be suspended for the season, only that he tested positive for weed, and that under the current rules it could lead to a year long suspension. The Browns knew about this leading into the draft, when they had a shot a drafting Sammy Watkins. It leads me to believe that Gordon's punishment might not be as severe as some are suggesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong, Gordon only missed the first two games.  Hoyer didn't get in the lineup until game #3, and Gordon was the leading receiver that game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/cle/year/2013

I stand corrected.   I drafted Gordon on all my fantasy teams last year, and thought he missed the first 4 games.

Edited by MantaRay

• 3 weeks later...

:rofl:

The BIG BOO-BOO OF THE WEEK AWARD goes to the Baltimore Ravens official Twitter feed,

for dissing their own QB, Joe Flacco, by claiming he’s no longer the “leagues most overpaid QB”

after 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick signed a six-year extension worth $126 million.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's actually pretty pathetic that he got off that easy. The league should be ashamed.

Its the system that was collectively bargained, there is no real evidence of what ACTUALLY happened in that elevator, and on top of that the "Damming footage on tape" to me just looks like two drunk idiots trying to stumble to their hotel room....that scene probably happens hourly in AC

Plus Rice also gets the benefit of the doubt since he was squeaky clean before this happened

Smoke a joint- get the fvck out of the league. Beat up your fiance to the point she's unconscious- 2 games. Goodell logic.

I will NEVER defend a man hitting a woman, unless it's in pure self-defense and the man has absolutely no other choice, and even then, I'm not saying that it's OK to keep on hitting back...more of a "get off me" hit to allow the man to get away from his attacker so that he can get help. 

That being said, I've felt there's long been a serious double-standard when it comes to this issue:

Guy gets caught cheating by wife, she beats the snot of him while he takes it.  In a lot of circles, women would celebrate this in a "Yeah, you go girl" kind of way. 

Woman gets caught cheating by husband, he beats her up, any self-respecting male would not back him up on his actions (nor should he).   

And of course, if a woman is hitting her boyfriend/spouse whatever to the point of leaving marks and drawing blood, and all he does is push her off him (doesn't even strike her, just pushes her off) and she bumps her head on a table or chair or wall and is knocked unconscious but has a lump or mark, when the cops show up, guess who's getting shackled and labeled a "woman-beater"?

Not implying that any of the above is OK by males OR females...and that's exactly my point.  Women get away with FAR more than men do when it comes to domestic abuse (could you imagine the outcry if Jay-Z had a brother and he went to town on Beyoncé the way Beyoncé's sister went to town on him?), and they should be held just as accountable for THEIR actions (which are often given a "well, women are emotional and aren't as physically strong as men" pass) as men are. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Smoke a joint- get the fvck out of the league. Beat up your fiance to the point she's unconscious- 2 games. Goodell logic.

If Rice did it three times like Gordon has he'd not even be allowed to buy NFL Sunday Ticket forget ever play in the league again....you should know better than to compare the two dude....

The fact that one PERSON beat up another PERSON should be the issue....wheter a man or woman was hurt should be irrelevant, its amazing how "equal rights" arguements disappear when it comes to someone losing a perk :P (no this is not an endorsement to beat up women....most guys would be equally as defensless if a raging pro athete came after them too....the need to seperate the difference in "how bad it was" should not be there)