Philadelphia Flyers Fans Boo Anti-Cancer Ad Featuring Rival Players

Rock

Note that the bolded doesn't read "during anti-cancer public service announcements".

No one has a problem with hating on a rival. That's sports. It's the whole part about it being an anti-cancer thing that made this a story.

Like I said, there's no indication it's a cancer PSA until well after the video has started. The first line of the video is something like "I'm Sidney Crosby", of course Philly fans and Devils fans and Ranger fans initial reaction will be to boo this. The whole "Rangers/Flyers suck" thing is not only stupid and classless, it's embarrassing. It reeks of an inferiority complex which is totally unnecessary. As far as Flyer fans are concerned, they definitely get a bad rap from people who have never actually been to a Flyers game. Philly is a great town with great fans.

Like I said, there's no indication it's a cancer PSA until well after the video has started. The first line of the video is something like "I'm Sidney Crosby", of course Philly fans and Devils fans and Ranger fans initial reaction will be to boo this. The whole "Rangers/Flyers suck" thing is not only stupid and classless, it's embarrassing. It reeks of an inferiority complex which is totally unnecessary. As far as Flyer fans are concerned, they definitely get a bad rap from people who have never actually been to a Flyers game. Philly is a great town with great fans.

Wow. Chanting "Rangers Suck!" reeks of an inferiority conplex, is stupid, classless and embarassing. But fans that intentionally vomit on children, throw batteries at black athletes and athletes that spurned their city, stab each other, beat each other to death, boo Santa and cheer when an opposing player appears paralyzed are "great fans."

Thanks for straightening that out.

Wow. Chanting "Rangers Suck!" reeks of an inferiority conplex, is stupid, classless and embarassing. But fans that intentionally vomit on children, throw batteries at black athletes and athletes that spurned their city, stab each other, beat each other to death, boo Santa and cheer when an opposing player appears paralyzed are "great fans."

Thanks for straightening that out.

Booing santa, now that's just plain wrong. I can only imagine all the kids that must've went home crying that day.

Like I said, there's no indication it's a cancer PSA until well after the video has started. The first line of the video is something like "I'm Sidney Crosby", of course Philly fans and Devils fans and Ranger fans initial reaction will be to boo this.

The Hockey Fights Cancer was plastered on the jumbotron at the same time Crosby came up, weak excuse.

De-evolution at its finest.

i've never had too much trouble at the sh!thole center in philly, it's great when the devils win there.

The guy that got killed outside McFadden's had NOTHING to do with a sporting event. It was a bachelor party taking place there.

The bottomline is that there are morons EVERYWHERE.

Edited by Eztarget

De-evolution at its finest.

i've never had too much trouble at the sh!thole center in philly, it's great when the devils win there.

yeah. being from south jersey, I go to games all the time. the worst i've honestly encountered was playful teasing, and some good arguments. If you arent obnoxious, then you will have no problem.

with that being said, there is not better feeling than walking out of the WFC with a devils win

The guy that got killed outside McFadden's had NOTHING to do with a sporting event. It was a bachelor party taking place there.

It was a bachelor party at the bar inside the stadium where a Phillies game was in progress, and all involved were Phillies fans.

Yep, had nothing to do with a sporting event. :rolleyes:

This is what's worst about Philly fans. Yes, there are plenty of fans there that actually aren't degenerates. But when those degenerates act up, the rest of the fan base defends them. "It had nothing to do with a sporting event." "You can't prove that guy intentionally puked on that girl." "The guy we booed wasn't actually Santa."

How about you hold each other accountable, rather than defending the scumbags that give you a bad name?