Devils Cheers FOR ALL DEVILS FANS WHO CARE ABOUT THE TEAM

sammy32

So I was just at the Devils vs. Montreal game and I was talking with a Candiens fan who was very disturbed by the hostility and unoriginality of our chants. For example the 'Rangers Suck' chant he found to vague and just pointless. He also pointed out that all of our chants were very similar to all of the chants and jeers found in college hockey. We need to come up with unique cheers that only the Devils have! Ideas for chants and cheers? How to start the chants and cheers? PLEASE people we are a good team and even though we are young we should have something more original then the cheers people brought back from college!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is Rangers suck stays.

We could always sing Number of the Beast ("6...6...6...the number of the beast.") Whenever greene makes a good play.

We could use Runnin' with the Devil like the MTL fans use Ole

Since I'm going to the Devils-Preds game, I did some research, and there is one section that comes up with unique chants for each opponent, and puts them on their site/blog/whatever on gameday. I'm not sure if only the section does it or the entire arena, but I thought it was cool nonetheless, and very doable.

Edit: Get the next goal clap, clap, clap, clap, clap (shout out to my chat homies)

Edited by RSC

Those are actually good ideas but Greene doesn't usually make good plays.

I like the idea for a site or maybe on this forum have another section. Admins any thoughts on that?

:lol: I know about Greeney, but I have Number of the beast stuck in my head.

I'm gonna try to find that site.

Edit: Get the next goal clap, clap, clap, clap, clap (shout out to my chat homies)

For sure buddy. Gotta get that Sh!t devils only copyrighted.

GTNG!© This messege was brought to you by NJDevs chat. Any other NHL team fan caught chanting this will be proseuited to the fullest extent of the law.

BTW, loved the mocking of ole tonight.

Here's some more from what our hs hockey student section. All are followed by the (clap clap, clap clap clap) unless otherwise noted

SIT DOWN, SHUT UP - if a player/team/coach is whining over something

THAT JUST HAPPENED - after a goal something good

CHECK THE SCOREBOARD - after another team scores but were still winning

ITS ALL OVER

This one is different pay attention:

One person (like the D-E-V etc.) yells out "I" everyone else yells it back. Next he yells "I BELIEVE" everyone yells back. Lasty the one person yells out, "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN" or "I BELIEVE THAT WE JUST WON" and everyone else scream's it 3 times it and jumps up and down.

I'm forgetting some more I'll post them later

The last one was good but the first ones are not original. We need something home made, never been done before, unique to us. Something we can be proud of and not just be a saying but it will be something that will help make our fans have an identity. You know know when you watch the montreal canadiens play at home and on the tv you hear the fans singing the ole song? we need something like that

I know the last one, football chant if i am not mistaken? I believe Elizabeth did it when we played them.

If we're doing football chants, we can take Rutgers and adjust it a bit

B.I. (B.I.)X2

We got that fire (We got that fire)X2

We up (insert score here) (we up (score)))X2

We on a roll (we on a roll)X2

I stand tall (I stand tall)X2

We can't fall (we can't fall)X2

This is our year (this is our year) X2

I love it (I love it)X4

YEAAAHHHH (YEAAHHHH)X1

could always be adjusted, but I think that'd be cool for the crowd to do after a go ahead goal

my Jv team's pre game chant:

I went down to the railroad (yeah yeah)

just to see what I could see (yeah yeah)

I saw somebody called (ex: the Rangers, or the opposing goalie) (yeah yeah)

I said what that mean to me? (yeah yeah)

I went back to the train tracks (yeah yeah)

Put my big head on the track (yeah yeah)

I saw somebody called New Jersey (or the Devils, or whoever scored a big goal) (yeah yeah)

I said that's wear its at (yeah yeah)

And then the person doing the first part could start a lets go devils chant.

Those are childish. Like for cheerleaders. The Fans are NOT cheerleads buddy. They also are not original.

I'm just screwing around. You're taking this waaaay to seriously. This isn't a matter of life or death. We are not Montreal fans. If you want us to be, then just grab a bageutte and cross the border.

I have no problem with the Canadiens' fanbase being unimpressed with ours. They have the loudest, best-travelled fans in the league. No team's fanbase would compare. But it's pretty damn elitist of one of their fans to come to our arena and tell a Devils fan how unimpressed he was. A swift kick to the bag might not have impressed him, but it might have shut his croissant loving mouth.

Bottom line, who cares what other fanbases think of us? They're all a bunch of douchebags rooting for the wrong team, IMO. If they don't like it, they should go see their teams play some home games and sit amongst their own. Newark is ours, the Devils are ours, and everyone else sucks. Just like the Rangers.

sorry you want to sound bush league but i kinda feel like its time that our fans be noticed as a good fan base and not as crap like we are now. We have one of the worst fan bases in the league i hope you know!

Glad to see you just insulted this entire forum. http://forum.canadiens.com/?langid=1 ici est le forum pour toi, parce que tu veuilles etre un supporter de les Habitents.

I have no problem with the Canadiens' fanbase being unimpressed with ours. They have the loudest, best-travelled fans in the league. No team's fanbase would compare. But it's pretty damn elitist of one of their fans to come to our arena and tell a Devils fan how unimpressed he was. A swift kick to the bag might not have impressed him, but it might have shut his croissant loving mouth.

Bottom line, who cares what other fanbases think of us? They're all a bunch of douchebags rooting for the wrong team, IMO. If they don't like it, they should go see their teams play some home games and sit amongst their own. Newark is ours, the Devils are ours, and everyone else sucks. Just like the Rangers.

Thank you.

Edited by RSC

Here's some more from what our hs hockey student section. All are followed by the (clap clap, clap clap clap) unless otherwise noted

SIT DOWN, SHUT UP - if a player/team/coach is whining over something

THAT JUST HAPPENED - after a goal something good

CHECK THE SCOREBOARD - after another team scores but were still winning

ITS ALL OVER

This one is different pay attention:

One person (like the D-E-V etc.) yells out "I" everyone else yells it back. Next he yells "I BELIEVE" everyone yells back. Lasty the one person yells out, "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN" or "I BELIEVE THAT WE JUST WON" and everyone else scream's it 3 times it and jumps up and down.

I'm forgetting some more I'll post them later

I like the sit down shut up chant. Next time we play the rangers at home and we score we should do the same chant we did against them on december 12th. de na na na na na na na na Hey You Suck

I like the sit down shut up chant. Next time we play the rangers at home and we score we should do the same chant we did against them on december 12th. de na na na na na na na na Hey You Suck

Uh oh, that makes us look bad to Montreal fans. Can't have that, can we?

Thank you.

No problem.

Devils fans have their fair share of chants. My personal favorite is the "If you know the Rangers suck, clap your hands" song. A good one was the "Turnpike South" chant towards Flyers fans every time we beat Philly, but that's lost a lot of its mojo since the move to Newark.

Tonight was the "Throughway" song instead of the Ole' song late in the game coming down reigning from the upper level. Instead of using Ole' you use Throughway which means GO HOME HABS! :P Just like a form of the "Turnpike South" used for the Flyers fans.

Who cares and thinks what the Habs fans have to say? They are a bunch of whinners and complainers especially in their own arena. Everyone's fans have their chants in their arenas. Some better than others. Habs fans don't understand the hatred rivalry the Devils fans have towards the Flyers and the NYR.

Yes the a$$hole chant is my fav. but no one does it anymore

The a$$hole chant was used tonight at some drunk Habs fans in 230 or 229 I believe.

Edited by SatansDevils

The fans sounded great last night. I could tell that even fans in the lower bowl were cheering. For a change, it came through loud and clear on TV. And Chico even commented on it early on in the game and again in the final minutes.

In the GDT, someone mentioned that there were some USA, USA chants. If that's true, that's uncalled for. Many of our players are Canadian or from elsewhere. Starting with our HOF goaltender who was in the building last night. This isn't the Olympics. It's Canadiens-Devils. Hopefully that doesn't happen a lot in the future.

As for us creating more original chants -- first things first. We're lucky when the fans are loud at all. Once that happens with regualrity, then eventually maybe we'll start forming more creative chants. For now, it's all about bringing the noise!

Baby steps.