GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 4 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/6/12

lazer

Are you really fvcking complaining right now? Holy sh!t...

that stat jumped out at me seeing how the devils territorily dominated most of this game yet lost 2-1 overall on zone starts. im terribly sorry there big chief.

Edited by hockey3893498

i am happy now that everyone on this board is together and not fighting against each other. lets support this team and BELIEVE!!

One thing I love about this team and this run is that EVERYONE on the team is contributing

It's a perfect storm for happiness. Not only are the Devils in control of the series, no one expected them to be. This feels like an incredible bonus.

All credit to PDB and the coaching staff. The team bought into the system from the start of the season and have stick with it. The team spirit is obviously incredible (did you see the way Kovy was hugging everyone at the end? He's pumped for this) and might just be the deciding factor.

Great team performance again. It's 3.25 am in the UK amd I've really got to get some sleep.

Go Devils!

As long as Laviolette doesn't kick any trash cans, the Devils are lookin' pretty good.

Pressure shifts to the Devils now, but it's a nice problem to have. That Philthy crowd will be all over the Flyers if they go down by a couple of goals...it's be great to see the Devils jump on them while they're down...

that stat jumped out at me seeing how the devils territorily dominated most of this game yet lost 2-1 overall on zone starts. im terribly sorry there big chief.

Just sounded incredibly nitpicky given the circumstances.

Solid win and keep this up. Game 5 will be a tougher one.

That's what I thought about Game 4. I keep waiting for the Flyers to enjoy a stretch of dominance like they did in Game 1, but they haven't come close to it. Devils have outshot the Flyers 109-70 since the start of Game 2.

Just sounded incredibly nitpicky given the circumstances.

no offense but its a reasonable "nitpick" and i can guarantee oates and deboer are going to bring it up. faceoffs have been a weakness for years with the devils even when they last won the cup. to control a game for pretty much 2 solid periods and parts of a 3rd with losing 2-1 on zone starts is something thatll catch your eye. im hoping that it doesnt haunt them under different circumstabnces.

Tuesday's the perfect time to show that killer instinct, that ruthless aggression. Go in there and just end this. Don't just sit back; it ain't gonna work next time.

WTF are you talking about? Devils were not sitting back in the 3rd.

Another great win! Nothing significant for me to add to what's already been said. We all saw what happened.

Don't forget the postgame show is on right now on MSG+

Edited by 95Crash

WTF are you talking about? Devils were not sitting back in the 3rd.

yes they were. they played pretty much half of that period conservatively being the flyers were playing dump and chase. the devils were chasing the dump ins, moving it out to center, dumping it in or taking low level chances and making shifts short. they did not pressure or forecheck in the offensive zone nearly half as much as they did the first half of the game.

Edited by hockey3893498