When Josefson Returns

cgosha21

Parise-Henrique-Clarkson

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-Josefson-Sykora

Boulton-Carter-Janssen

1. Parise and Henrique together are dynamite and Clarkson has earned top minutes. That line would be hell to play against.

2. Kovalchuk's best days as a Devil came with Zajac and Palmieri, and -- on his worst days -- Zubrus is 10x the RW that NaPalm will ever be.

3. Have the wings of the A-Line get Josefson flying.

4. Roll three lines and only use the 4th if some skulls need cracking.

5. Tedenby looks like he needs the kind of attention and reps that only Albany can provide. If the rest of the forwards are healthy, send him down.

6. Cup.

At this point in time, I say trade him for a defenceman or a couple draft picks. His value is still semi-high right now and he seems to be out of the line up more often than in. We are already looking decent down the middle for the first time in years with Zajac, Henrique, Elias. It just seems like a lost cause to be putting a talented forward like JJ on the 3rd or 4th line.

JJ is SO young (20)

we need him

becouse age of elias goes to an end

we should no trade him and tedenby becouse they are young and talanted. we can give them nomanycash contracts and give a time for them.

one elias, sykora, zubrus couldn`t play well - that will be time for swedes.

becouse we haven`t another potential young players

Kovalchuk, regardless if he is playing RW is still most dangerous cutting to the left picking up the late man. I say move him back to the LW and make 3 potent lines. I'm not sure if I want Henrique moving from center, he is so effective offensively in the middle of the ice, sure his defense is suspect but he is only 21 years old.

The problem now becomes, we have 4 potential centers or a glut of LWs. You could keep Kovalchuk on the right side and do something like that.

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Henrique-Josefson-Clarkson

Tedenby-Carter-Pylon

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

At this point in time, I say trade him for a defenceman or a couple draft picks. His value is still semi-high right now and he seems to be out of the line up more often than in. We are already looking decent down the middle for the first time in years with Zajac, Henrique, Elias. It just seems like a lost cause to be putting a talented forward like JJ on the 3rd or 4th line.

This year is an example of why you need depth down the middle. Boom - Zajac down. Boom - Josefson's out. We're damn fortunate we had Elias who could slip into the C1 spot with effort and then Henrique came up and blew our minds.

Elias is 35 and Josefson is 20. Josefson is an NHL forward but he'll (hopefully) have 150 more games under his belt when he surpasses Elias on the depth chart. Retaining Josefson means we won't have a gaping hole at center when Elias can't hack it anymore. It gives the franchise some stability down the middle.

If the problem is that we're wasting a talented forward like him on the 3rd (not a waste IMO) or 4th (a waste) line then send him to Albany and let him assume the role of a go-to guy there.

Here is an update from TG:

Center Jacob Josefson received clearance from the doctor today to begin skating, Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said.

He’s a little more than two months into his recovery.

“Now, it will be a process to see when he takes contact and when he doesn’t,” Lamoriello said.

Josefson actually started skating lightly three weeks ago and then stopped because the Devils wanted to play it safe and make sure he was in no risk of breaking his clavicle again.

“They didn’t want him to fall and all of that stuff, so I just pulled him,” Lamoriello said.

There is also an update on Greene in the blog.

Here is an update from TG:

There is also an update on Greene in the blog.

alright alright, good stuff. a good thing about the fact that its a collarbone injury is that it has nothing to do with his legs. although its not with contact, at least he can get his feet back under him and up to speed at least a little bit

Parise-Henrique-Clarkson

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-Josefson-Sykora

Boulton-Carter-Janssen

1. Parise and Henrique together are dynamite and Clarkson has earned top minutes. That line would be hell to play against.

2. Kovalchuk's best days as a Devil came with Zajac and Palmieri, and -- on his worst days -- Zubrus is 10x the RW that NaPalm will ever be.

3. Have the wings of the A-Line get Josefson flying.

4. Roll three lines and only use the 4th if some skulls need cracking.

5. Tedenby looks like he needs the kind of attention and reps that only Albany can provide. If the rest of the forwards are healthy, send him down.

6. Cup.

There's no way in the world we have a top line consisting of a rookie and Clarkson, even if Parise is on it, that line will get caught way too much. Plus, there's no way that Clarkson can handle 20 mins per night, that's way too much for him.

I'd like to see this happen:

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovy-Elias-Sykora

Zubrus-Josefson-Clarkson

Sestito-Carter-Janssen/whoever

I'd send Teddy down if we can't make room for him in the top 9, but if a trade is made that involves Zubrus maybe, then he can take his spot on the 3rd line. Also, if Henrique isn't playing well at wing, then move Kovy to his spot at RW and push Elias to LW, with Henrique centering him and Sykora.

I think JJ will be fine on the 3rd line and I don't think it will be a waste to have him there as he's not played a significant amount of time in the NHL yet because of his injury this year and the broken thumb last season. So, leave him on the 3rd line, see how he does and if he deserves it, move him up to RW with Elias and put Sykora on LW with Zubrus as his center with Clarkson on the 3rd line for a few games to see how that works.

There's no way in the world we have a top line consisting of a rookie and Clarkson, even if Parise is on it, that line will get caught way too much. Plus, there's no way that Clarkson can handle 20 mins per night, that's way too much for him.

I'd like to see this happen:

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovy-Elias-Sykora

Zubrus-Josefson-Clarkson

Sestito-Carter-Janssen/whoever

I'd send Teddy down if we can't make room for him in the top 9, but if a trade is made that involves Zubrus maybe, then he can take his spot on the 3rd line. Also, if Henrique isn't playing well at wing, then move Kovy to his spot at RW and push Elias to LW, with Henrique centering him and Sykora.

I think JJ will be fine on the 3rd line and I don't think it will be a waste to have him there as he's not played a significant amount of time in the NHL yet because of his injury this year and the broken thumb last season. So, leave him on the 3rd line, see how he does and if he deserves it, move him up to RW with Elias and put Sykora on LW with Zubrus as his center with Clarkson on the 3rd line for a few games to see how that works.

why would you split henrique and parise up if henrirque doesn't play well at wing. he is doing a fantastic job centering parise, why would you disrupt what is arguably the best thing the devils have seen this year? why don't you let Zajac center Kovy and bring Zubrus up to play RW with Parise and Henrique on the first line

Edited by Onddeck

I did comment on this, I just didn't quote you. :whistling:

But yes, of course we can. He probably needs a condition stint, but he's an NHL forward, definitely top 9 on this team, that doesn't belong in Albany.

I missed it Marshall, sorry. He does seem to have a sounder NHL game than Tedenby and others. He may have to play on the wing. This is what young players have to do sometimes.

I missed it Marshall, sorry. He does seem to have a sounder NHL game than Tedenby and others. He may have to play on the wing. This is what young players have to do sometimes.

Lemaire tried him there and said that he shouldn't play wing. He does a way better job at center. Lemaire was raving about him last year:

"Personally, I think it's Jo," Lemaire said. "Jo has great hockey sense. I will agree that Kovy can come in late. When Jo has the puck, (Kovalchuk) can because Jo can find him. They didn't play together a lot but I know that this would be a good line."

"This kid has it. There's no doubt," Lemaire said. "He just turned 20 a couple days ago and he's a good player right now. If you look at his stats, his stats are not that great. But as a hockey player you want him on your team."

"I think it's how he understands the game, where he goes on the ice," Lemaire said. "When he doesn't have the puck, what is he going to do? When he has the puck, what he's doing with the puck. He's quick, strong, he's got good hands. He sees the ice well. So he has a lot of qualities.

"As soon as he gets that scoring quality, he'll be a player."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/03/jacques_lemaire_on_devils_rook.html

"This kid played really well, really well," Lemaire said. "He's young, he's learning. He played much better than at wing. He's a centerman, he's not a winger. They were telling me this, but because Arnott's gone, now I have the chance to put him at center.
Edited by Marshall

He'll have to earn a spot, like everybody else. He's not at the point in his career where it's an absolute given, like Zajac. Granted, of course he should be ahead of a guy like Carter, but at the same time, if they keep Henrique/Elias/Zajac as centers, does it really help JJ to play a limited role on the 4th line? Anyway, depth is a good problem, but I think he'll need to work his way back in to rotation first, and then we'll see what happens.