Jason Arnott autograph signing @ Sports Minded Unlimited

SatansDevils

New Jersey Devils 2000 Stanley Cup Hero Jason Arnott at Sports Minded Unlimited....Saturday, February 12th from 3 to 5pm .....

This is his first public signing in almost 10 years !!!... $30.00 per autograph (any item) ..... $10.00 for inscriptions ..... Bring your camera!

For more ticket information please call Brian @ (732) 469-3556

This one is going to be a good turnout.

Edited by SatansDevils

No just for this event. Arnott is through the Newport Sports Group which is like Steiner so that is why they are having the tiered level with the autographs and inscriptions. I was rather suprised NSG did this for Arnott but a lot of fans would like inscriptions since he is the hero of the 2000 SCF.

gotta defend sports minded on this one.Its very expensive to get arnott to the store. The guy hasnt done a signing here in 10 years,and scored the goal that won us the stanley cup.The store was very reasonable with super pricing on parise to accomadate the overwhelming demand and afforded all of you the chance to get his autograph,and meet him.If the agency we have to use to get him to make the appearence charges almost an extra 10 bucks for inscriptions,then in turn the customer has to absorb that fee.Its not like the inscription fee they are charging is 20 bucks!Also,if you want personilization,thats free.Kenny,I would like you to change your position on this one,Sports minded has been more then fair with their devils pricing for signings,and getting Arnie was a year long effort,just wanted to share my views on this with you.

gotta defend sports minded on this one.Its very expensive to get arnott to the store. The guy hasnt done a signing here in 10 years,and scored the goal that won us the stanley cup.The store was very reasonable with super pricing on parise to accomadate the overwhelming demand and afforded all of you the chance to get his autograph,and meet him.If the agency we have to use to get him to make the appearence charges almost an extra 10 bucks for inscriptions,then in turn the customer has to absorb that fee.Its not like the inscription fee they are charging is 20 bucks!Also,if you want personilization,thats free.Kenny,I would like you to change your position on this one,Sports minded has been more then fair with their devils pricing for signings,and getting Arnie was a year long effort,just wanted to share my views on this with you.

"its not like the inscription fee they are charging is 20 bucks"

Yeah but its still 10. I went to the signing for over the summer Elias and Zajac several weeks ago and they did inscriptions for free, plus I got Zajac for 40 and Elias for 50 and that included a picture with them signed. I signed up months earlier and paid so maybe it was a bit more day-of, but both of them were more reasonable than Arnott for essentially 50 dollars. With him, its just an item signed but with the previous two i got pictures - then autographed- signed with both. Their track record is irrelevant here, high prices are still high prices in an economy that isn't supporting me shelling out so much for an autograph that I could potentially buy online cheaper.

I've seen many Arnott items, pictures mostly, sell for 15 dollars or so. Sure, you don't get to see them in person but the extra 25 (before you factor in paying for the picture) is a lot to ask.

But I guess if you don't like the price, don't go, right?

Ron,

Thanks for taking the time to come on and explain.

My issue with the tiered pricing is not with Sports Minded. That i want to make clear. I have a great amount of respect for both you and Brian. Those of us who attend these signings, wether it be yours or Sports Minded's, know how hard you all work and the effort you put in to get the players and make it reasonable for everyone the best you can. That's why we get out and support these events for the hospitality and to show how much we appreciate it, see the players, and to get items signed that we wouldn't be able to in other environments. The support of the signings is proof of that on most nights!

I understand that the agency is the one to point our fingers at here. Most of us who have attended these signings for awhile and know you both, understand you are not out to take more out of our pockets or have unreasonable pricing. That's fact. However, If the agency does do this to you and the customer will have to absorb it then becomes a choice that the customer has to make.

I think in this case, as it was pointed out above, the fact that alot of people will want an inscription regarding the SC winning goal might have played into it in some form or another. An inscription for Arnott's Cup winning goal will be in demand, especially on the Cup winning photo(s) which i am sure will be provided for sale.

My case here is for the equipment. I do not believe that there should be an extra fee for equipment, considering Arnott will not be as in demand for signatures on equipment. To me, a "specialty" tier for equipment should be on players like Brodeur where it's more expected that they will be signing equipment, like sticks (goalie pro stock/pro models) and even full size goalie helmets. On Arnott, an equipment tier is not neccessary, IMO.

Edited by SJP20

I don't see a problem with the $10 inscription fee at all. You don't have to get it. Just get Arnott's signature on whatever you may want it on and the price is all not that bad considering he has not signed in almost 10 years. Arnott will get the fans for this event because of what he did for the Devils in 2000 as well as not signing at an event for so long. I think it will be well worth it to have him write some kind of inscription on something special a fan may have like I have some things he will sign for me like jerseys, pucks and some photos.

I do agree with some here that maybe equipment and all the other things like jerseys, pucks and photos could be just one amount instead of two different amounts. Maybe go in between both amounts like "$35 for any item signed" to keep it reasonable.

As for the other signings like Elias, Zubrus, Greene, Langenbrunner, Tedenby, Taormina, Pelley, Hedberg and Zajac were all on their own and does not have a support group sponsoring them like Brodeur and Parise have with Steiner Sports and Arnott has Newport Sports Group. They have their set prices and it is really tough when it comes to those signings and these groups. I agree that Sports Minded Unlimited is not to blame here and the finger is pointed to the Newport Sports Group with the tiered pricing. Good point you bring up unknown poster. Maybe something can be worked out on this and still have to even hope that Arnott will still be here on the team by then.

Edited by SatansDevils

Thank you all for your support at our past autograph signings, we truly appreciate all of your interest in our store events. I am in contact with Newport Sports Group as I write this, and am trying to negotiate a flat fee price plan for this event with Jason Arnott. I should know by tomorrow, and have communicated your concerns over tiered pricing. Will let you know one way or the other on Wednesday. We at Sports Minded Unlimited appreciate all feedback from our signings, and if changes can be made, we will do our best to improve our events going forward. Thanks again for your loyalty, Brian

Thank you all for your support at our past autograph signings, we truly appreciate all of your interest in our store events. I am in contact with Newport Sports Group as I write this, and am trying to negotiate a flat fee price plan for this event with Jason Arnott. I should know by tomorrow, and have communicated your concerns over tiered pricing. Will let you know one way or the other on Wednesday. We at Sports Minded Unlimited appreciate all feedback from our signings, and if changes can be made, we will do our best to improve our events going forward. Thanks again for your loyalty, Brian

Class act. Thanks for being our representative. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

The time has been changed for the Jason Arnott signing at Sports Minded Unlimited. It is now 3-5PM for the Devils Jason Arnott signing. Also they are taking ticket reservations for the February 12th Jason Arnott signing. Please call Sports Minded Unlimited and reserve your tickets. They will have them waiting for you on the 12th and then pay for them on the day of the signing! No need to rush and get there early!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.