OFFICIAL DEVILS FEEDBACK LETTER & RESPONSE

DevilinLA

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somthing that no one has brought up is that for any giveaway you need someone to pay for it. A sponsor wants to get their name out to the most folks possible for the least amount of dollars. Ultimately, I believe that is the reason there aren't more Devils giveaways, I'm sure they'd love to give out somthing at every home game if someone was footing the bill. Do I want to put my logo on the boards where is is seen by the TV audience and folks in the arena or on 18,000 foam fingers that will be waved at the game and then eventually dumped in the trash? The letter can't hurt, but I think they know what they are doing and what they have to work with. Just my $.02.

Edited by wsewse

Somthing that no one has brought up is that for any giveaway you need someone to pay for it. A sponsor wants to get their name out to the most folks possible for the least amount of dollars. Ultimately, I believe that is the reason there aren't more Devils giveaways, I'm sure they'd love to give out somthing at every home game if someone was footing the bill. Do I want to put my logo on the boards where is is seen by the TV audience and folks in the arena or on 18,000 foam fingers that will be waved at the game and then eventually dumped in the trash? The letter can't hurt, but I think they know what they are doing and what they have to work with. Just my $.02.

That is why the board ads are more expensive.

That is why the board ads are more expensive.

WAY more expensive - i once inquired for my company - this was 5 years ago - 1/2 a season for board coverage - $500k. Of course it comes with many more advertising vehicles - the programs, signage in other areas of the arena, etc. but the boards and the ice are for national chains that have massive budgets.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was down at UVA this weekend and I went to a Girls Exhibition Basketball game at their really nice two year old arena. They had a T-Shirt launch but they not only had the mascot and the cheerleaders throwing the shirts but they also had shirts on parachutes drop down from the rafters. I think that having shirts come down from the rafters on parachutes would be a great feature at The Rock.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was thinking the same thing MB. I don't know whether we had any huge influence or not...but it still looked good.

I am planning on doing another NJDEVS FEEDBACK LETTER at the end of the season. Again get opinions and comments from the board here...Sort of a "what worked, what didn't" from a fan point of view with some "we still would like to see....".

If all goes well for the team....I want be writing it until well into MAY.....

I was thinking the same thing MB. I don't know whether we had any huge influence or not...but it still looked good.

I am planning on doing another NJDEVS FEEDBACK LETTER at the end of the season. Again get opinions and comments from the board here...Sort of a "what worked, what didn't" from a fan point of view with some "we still would like to see....".

If all goes well for the team....I want be writing it until well into MAY.....

Definitely write another one, this one went really, really well well imo, even if they didn't respond too much.

Again, fantastic job DevilInLA :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested I will be recirculating the Official Marketing Feedback letter in the middle of June (post cup) for everyone to add new or similar feedback.

Some have suggested opening the letter to posters from other Devils forums (devilsrule, etc.),

What are the thoughts on that?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, I received a survey via e-mail from the Devils yesterday. I don't know if they done them in the past, but it's the first one I ever got. It asked the usual: How many games attended, my demagraphics, What would it take for me to attend more games? (A: Lower ticket prices and parking. B ) ) How did I rate the concession prices, Devils TV viewing (My comment: to have HD broadcasts on outlets other than Cablevision.) What kind of music in the arena, What images on jumbotron, contests in stands. etc. Whether anything comes of this survey, at least to me it shows they are trying.

Edited by Rock

Just to let you know, I received a survey via e-mail from the Devils yesterday.

i got it monday, my gf got it today. needless to say i spent more time filling out the "final comments" box than it took to complete the survey!

this is the first i can remember and it shows they are taking a genuine interest in what fans want/need n order to go to games more or watch them on TV more.

they were probably encouraged by the fact they averaged over 100000 homes tuning in during the playoffs. that amount of people could easily fill the Rock to high % on a nightly basis.

when the new Letter is written in a month, i think it is imperative that we mention the ideas they implemented from the previous letter, the concepts we liked during the season, and this survey which caught (likely) all of us by complete surprise.

i got it monday, my gf got it today. needless to say i spent more time filling out the "final comments" box than it took to complete the survey!

this is the first i can remember and it shows they are taking a genuine interest in what fans want/need n order to go to games more or watch them on TV more.

they were probably encouraged by the fact they averaged over 100000 homes tuning in during the playoffs. that amount of people could easily fill the Rock to high % on a nightly basis.

when the new Letter is written in a month, i think it is imperative that we mention the ideas they implemented from the previous letter, the concepts we liked during the season, and this survey which caught (likely) all of us by complete surprise.

I filled my out wishing we can have a "History of the Devils" DVD and maybe a Devils Future's Game. Maybe have Lowell vs Trenton or have Lowell face another AHL team and Trenton against and ECHL team.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.