Devils rule on facial hair

JWomp

I was under the impression the rule came from Lou's association with the Yankees, maybe when the Devils were sold to YankeeNets many years ago (but I could be mistaken).. Don't the Yankees have something similar in place re facial hair and no long hair? I remember a few players who had to cut their longer hair when they came to the Yankees organization.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Lou follows the same school as Steinbrenner did.. I like it, too.. I think it looks more professional and represents the organization's image better.. It's like wearing a suit and tie when you travel with the team

The facial hair rule is/was stupid. The suit and tie is pretty much standard across the league. No need for a facial hair rule though....

I'm not sure what the rules are -- all I know is that whenever the team went on an extended road trip Stevens would sometimes get a stubble. More than once -- I guess maybe he forgot his razor more than once or something but... :noclue: and I noticed fuzz on guys earlier this season and was going to comment that maybe if they had discipline to even freaking SHAVE they'd start winning. Obviously I was wrong on that count :P

I'm all blah now because of the Jets...

The facial hair rule is/was stupid. The suit and tie is pretty much standard across the league. No need for a facial hair rule though....

Well for starters it looks cleaner, on top of looking more professional.. I've never seen a CEO with more than a mustache if that, because the clean cut look is more professional.. I'm looking for a better word to describe it but it's escaping me right now

I understand the rule about keeping facial hair under control but I don't see the problem with players having facial hair if they keep it groomed. look at Gionta in MTL, he has a goatee but it's well kept so it doesn't look trashy.

I too have noticed this, maybe it has to do with the fact that Kovy probably gets a 5 o'clock shadow by noon so the other players feel they can get away with not shaving for a couple of days.

Well for starters it looks cleaner, on top of looking more professional.. I've never seen a CEO with more than a mustache if that, because the clean cut look is more professional.. I'm looking for a better word to describe it but it's escaping me right now

Who care if it looks "cleaner"? These guys AREN'T CEOs, they are HOCKEY PLAYERS!

AFAIK, that's still a rule. I do agree that some guys are coming pretty close to testing it, but maybe they just grow facial hair quickly.... lol, there's no one totally blowing off the rule and coming out looking like a homeless person, so I guess it's still in place

Edited by maxpower