Kevin Clark

devlman

I must be the only one that was bemused by that extracurricular cheerleading tonight. I mean, my god this turned out to be the absolute worst game to do something like that, that's what made it a little funny/ironic. It wasn't quite as ironic as having Kovy wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving when the crowd was ready to boo him out of the building, but it was in that ballpark.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I actually liked the constant "make some noise" calls. Especially "get on your feet, and stay on your feet!" Because it seems like Devils fans will be loud as hell, then once the puck drops they all sit on their hands and are completely silent. Face it, devils fans are quiet and barely make noise. After they tied it up there was absolutely no emotion from the crowd. The Diablos have become non existent.

I actually liked the constant "make some noise" calls. Especially "get on your feet, and stay on your feet!" Because it seems like Devils fans will be loud as hell, then once the puck drops they all sit on their hands and are completely silent. Face it, devils fans are quiet and barely make noise. After they tied it up there was absolutely no emotion from the crowd. The Diablos have become non existent.

As it's been said, what do you expect when the team on the ice is blowing it? In which NHL arena is the crowd deafeningly loud, on their feet, cheering/chanting after their team gives up 4 consecutive goals to lose a big lead? I still heard some let's go Devils chants in the 3rd, which is more than I expected.

Maybe during the regular season there are some quieter, smaller crowds. But I don't blame the crowd for last night at all.

Shut. The. Fvck. Up. You're a disgrace. Chill the hell out with the bush league cheerleading sh!t. Every stoppage of play. I will NOT get my jersey on. Nor do I want to hear you complaining on national tv about how quiet our fans are throughout the game.

It sounded like a constant 'Come on devils fans, it's a damn morgue in here! Stop being the worst atmosphere in hockey and make some noiiiissseeee!'.

Kiss my ass. Bring back bob arsena since we brought back the old goal horn.

Dude take a chill pill. I think he does a great job. Arsena was great, but it was time to move on when we moved to a new arena. We get that little treat now every year in our throwback game.

The Diablos are a joke.

The crowd can't do much if the players don't respond to it. The players are in their own zone on the ice, pretty much oblivious to what's going on in the stands. One section of "supporters" (in the 100s mind you) isn't going to do much from the players' perspective. It only helps the morale of the crowd when rival supporters show up.

As it's been said, what do you expect when the team on the ice is blowing it? In which NHL arena is the crowd deafeningly loud, on their feet, cheering/chanting after their team gives up 4 consecutive goals to lose a big lead? I still heard some let's go Devils chants in the 3rd, which is more than I expected.

Maybe during the regular season there are some quieter, smaller crowds. But I don't blame the crowd for last night at all.

The crowd had infinitely more heart than the team last night. I honestly don't know how they were still into the last half of the game as much as they were, my heart was already ripped out and stomped on after the fourth goal. Aside from the people like me and the few others who lost their mind, a great majority of the crowd was terrific last night, a lot better than this sorry excuse of a team deserved.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Seriously, I had to mute the game every time there was a stoppage and he was calling for the fans to "GET YOUR JERSEY ON" or "WAVE THOSE TOWELS". It was utterly embarassing, I thought the crowd was plenty loud at the right times, and quiet after we were scored on 4 times unanswered (can you really blame them!?). Kevin Clark/PR really needs to tone it down if the atmosphere is ever going to improve.

If you want to get the crowd rocking you have to put in some NEW pump-up music that isn't the same they've been using since PruCenter opened in '07 or better yet back from CAA. It's that and the organ--they just quell the crowd. And at least a few years ago they had celebrities on the cam trying to rile up the crowd--that's better than Kevin Clark. But really it made the game brutal to watch, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been to be there live.

Jesus Christ is this how we are all going to act after tonights game? Look anywhere possible to blame? Chill the fvck out and knock off this stupid sh!t.

He's not being blamed. But he was so freaking annoying that a thread had to be made out of it. It was irritating enough on the stream so I can't imagine how it was in person.

Seriously, I had to mute the game every time there was a stoppage and he was calling for the fans to "GET YOUR JERSEY ON" or "WAVE THOSE TOWELS". It was utterly embarassing, I thought the crowd was plenty loud at the right times, and quiet after we were scored on 4 times unanswered (can you really blame them!?). Kevin Clark/PR really needs to tone it down if the atmosphere is ever going to improve.

If you want to get the crowd rocking you have to put in some NEW pump-up music that isn't the same they've been using since PruCenter opened in '07 or better yet back from CAA. It's that and the organ--they just quell the crowd. And at least a few years ago they had celebrities on the cam trying to rile up the crowd--that's better than Kevin Clark. But really it made the game brutal to watch, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been to be there live.

I hope I am not the only one along with my gf last night who thought they increased the volume of the music to the point where it actually hurt to listen to. They really need to stop. I too wish they would go back to the music selection they used to play at CAA.

I hope I am not the only one along with my gf last night who thought they increased the volume of the music to the point where it actually hurt to listen to. They really need to stop. I too wish they would go back to the music selection they used to play at CAA.

I noticed that too, and they upped the bass as well. The floor was vibrating. The Panthers were obviously petrified of the loud music.

Anyone notice the instructions on how to be noisy during a penalty kill on the video screens throughout the concourse before the game?

I noticed that too, and they upped the bass as well. The floor was vibrating. The Panthers were obviously petrified of the loud music.

Anyone notice the instructions on how to be noisy during a penalty kill on the video screens throughout the concourse before the game?

I saw that, it said something like "stand up and chant kill kill kill during a penalty kill"

I actually don't mind that though cause that's the best way to get something like that to catch on with people who don't know about it.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Maybe it would've helped if he said stuff to the actual team...

"COME ON DEVILS!!! GET ON YOUR SKATES!!! PRETEND YOU GIVE A DAMN AND MAKE SOME NOOISSSEEE!!!!!!"

"COME ON ZACH!!! ACT AS IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY LOOKING AT PROPERTY IN 10 OTHER CITIES!!! MAKE SOME NOISE LIKE AN AIRPLANE TAKING YOU AWAY FROM HERE JULY 2ND MIGHT MAKE!!!!"

"MARTY!! SURE YOU'VE BEEN PULLED AFTER BLOWING A 3 GOAL LEAD AND YOUR LEGACY IS FOREVER TARNISHED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS OF MEDIOCRE PLAYOFFS BUT STAND UP ON THAT BENCH AND MAKE SOME NOOOIIISSEEE!!!!"

• Like 3

Maybe it would've helped if he said stuff to the actual team...

"COME ON DEVILS!!! GET ON YOUR SKATES!!! PRETEND YOU GIVE A DAMN AND MAKE SOME NOOISSSEEE!!!!!!"

"COME ON ZACH!!! ACT AS IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY LOOKING AT PROPERTY IN 10 OTHER CITIES!!! MAKE SOME NOISE LIKE AN AIRPLANE TAKING YOU AWAY FROM HERE JULY 2ND MIGHT MAKE!!!!"

"MARTY!! SURE YOU'VE BEEN PULLED AFTER BLOWING A 3 GOAL LEAD AND YOUR LEGACY IS FOREVER TARNISHED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS OF MEDIOCRE PLAYOFFS BUT STAND UP ON THAT BENCH AND MAKE SOME NOOOIIISSEEE!!!!"

:rofl:

Dude take a chill pill. I think he does a great job. Arsena was great, but it was time to move on when we moved to a new arena. We get that little treat now every year in our throwback game.

Bob Arsena's hairpiece could rival Chico's... :giggle:

It's funny... All this prodding from Kevin Clark via the Devils marketing department for more noise, and the fans are the only ones who show up when it matters. Devils fans are the antithisys of the actual team.

Haha yeah. Whenever the Devils get a big crowd, they always seem to lose. Quick, everyone burn your tickets!

All we need to do is replace Steve with the Albany Devils PbP guy and we'd be running the biggest bush-league operation in sports

Edited by SMantzas

Haha yeah. Whenever the Devils get a big crowd, they always seem to lose. Quick, everyone burn your tickets!

All we need to do is replace Steve with the Albany Devils PbP guy and we'd be running the biggest bush-league operation in sports

It's clear to me you guys have never attended a game at BankAtlantic Center. You wanna talk bush league? Check out the theatrics and stunts they pull down here to try to get fans into it.