Official License plates for NJ Devils!

DevilMinder

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did this last year, someone must have dug up the old thread... :blink: I remember there being some ceremony before a game where they unveiled this... even seen a few cars lately on the highways with NJ plates that have the Devils logo on them.

in either case, remember, it's not just a one time fee of $75 (or whatever they scam you out of, they're the same class as vanity plates)

BUT... there's a special annual fee (just like for vanity plates or even these other specialty ones they have had for years) on your registration when you renew, so if, say it's normally $45 or so a year, expect to see a substantial extra fee on there just because you have plates that they didn't just issue you off a pile at the DMV.. One of the reasons I never really considered any kind of special plates. I could deal with the one time fee, but not have it bite me in the @$ every year on my reg.

Edited by Legion15

Yeah but I thought the $60 a year included registration, which I thought was like $50 a year.. So if that's true then it's not much more extra after the initial fee

It's an additional charge on top of your registration fee, unless it's totally different from the cancer plates, which I have. I forget what extra fee I pay, it's either $10 or $15...no way I would consider paying $60 a year.

Just as a FYI for anyone thinking about getting these plates:

I think that these, as well as the regular vanity plates, require that you must have no points on your license. If you do not have any points but get points in the course of owning your plates, from what I understand the state can take away the priviledge of owning the plates next time you try to renew or even sooner. The full details are in the fine print on the registration website but just throwing it out there in case some of you Jeff Gordon's out there are thinking about getting these.

I dont know if I believe the points thing.

Looks like I was half wrong/right according to the website:

Eligibility

No person whose driving privilege in New Jersey has been revoked or suspended for any reason, within the two year period preceding the date of application, may be issued a standard or personalized sport plate. Such persons may reapply two years after the privilege is restored. Motorists who have been convicted of any of the following offenses within the past 10 years are ineligible for sports license plates:

Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or while ability is impaired by alcohol (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50)

Refusal to take a Breathalyzer test (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50.4a)

Reckless driving (N.J.S.A. 39:4-96)

Convictions of death by auto or vessel, N.J.S.A. 2C:11-5, permanently prohibit sports license plate issuance.

MVC NHL Plates

I think it is either purely vanity plates (where you put whatever letters you want) have it, or that the points thing was the old rule.

• 1 month later...

i have one as well - if you have a leased car, they make you pay for the remainder of the lease years up front so it cost me $180 (3 year lease). i've had it since last year. i've seen several, but none have vanity job on them (customized letters).

I never thought about it standing for something. just figured they are random letters/numbers picked since I didn't choose to make my own.

Ordered my vanity NJ Devils plate.. It will read: NJD26 - you would not believe the restrictions on what can go on the plate!!

It just got approved by the DMV today and they claim it will take 8-10 weeks for me to get it.. I realize none of you got the vanity plate but how long did your take to arrive after ordering?

Btw, they also charged me for 3 years ($60 a year) up front and I bought my car outright.. It's a ridiculous price, and customization only makes it worse, but I said **** it and did it anyway.. Does it make sense? No, but I like it..

Ordered my vanity NJ Devils plate.. It will read: NJD26 - you would not believe the restrictions on what can go on the plate!!

It just got approved by the DMV today and they claim it will take 8-10 weeks for me to get it.. I realize none of you got the vanity plate but how long did your take to arrive after ordering?

Btw, they also charged me for 3 years ($60 a year) up front and I bought my car outright.. It's a ridiculous price, and customization only makes it worse, but I said **** it and did it anyway.. Does it make sense? No, but I like it..

Now I will know exactly which car to tamper with at games/viewing parties.

Now I will know exactly which car to tamper with at games/viewing parties.

Crap :doh1: .... :giggle:

I figured if someone has beef with me they already know where I sit for home games and could just come and cheap shot me before running away lol

Edited by Colin226

I bought my car new in 2008 and they charged me for an extra two years since my registration is good til 2013. I thought about doing the customization but thought it'd be too much of a pain and I was already paying enough I figured. But I kinda wish I did it.

I picked up the form at the October 12 game and I think I mailed it in like late october early november. I know I got the license plate towards the end of December so it did take a little bit to get it.

I bought my car new in 2008 and they charged me for an extra two years since my registration is good til 2013. I thought about doing the customization but thought it'd be too much of a pain and I was already paying enough I figured. But I kinda wish I did it.

I picked up the form at the October 12 game and I think I mailed it in like late october early november. I know I got the license plate towards the end of December so it did take a little bit to get it.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :argh: So hopefully it arrives before the end of the season lol grrrrrrrrrreat... :pray:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :argh: So hopefully it arrives before the end of the season lol grrrrrrrrrreat... :pray:

Actually, my mistake. I'm sorry. It was the November 12th game when they first unveiled the license plate. I was a month off. My memory is so bad. So that means I would have submitted the application shortly after so towards middle to end of November. So it maybe took 4-6 weeks. Maybe the custom plate number takes longer? I don't know but if not, you should have it by February.