1995 Stanley Cup Finals Game 4 on NHL Network Right Now

devils26

I was actually there. I was 11 and with my dad in section 101, row 17, seats 7 & 8. We had season tickets for a few years already and it is still the best game I have ever been to. Still have the ticket stubs someplace.

I was there too...I was 25 and it was my birthday. I had tickets for the last two rounds that year.

Now I see that you were 11 in '95, I can understand why you don't appreciate Brodeur as much as you should...you were old enough to see guys like Burke, Terreri, Billington and others pre-Brodeur, but have probably forgotten how much of step up Marty was from those guys. In ways it's like 20-year-old Yankee fans who have known nothing but the Yankees making the playoffs every season...they don't realize how good they've had it.

I was there too...I was 25 and it was my birthday. I had tickets for the last two rounds that year.

Now I see that you were 11 in '95, I can understand why you don't appreciate Brodeur as much as you should...you were old enough to see guys like Burke, Terreri, Billington and others pre-Brodeur, but have probably forgotten how much of step up Marty was from those guys. In ways it's like 20-year-old Yankee fans who have known nothing but the Yankees making the playoffs every season...they don't realize how good they've had it.

I remember very clearly terreri and billington while burke not really (though my first game in 89 he could have started but I forgot). Brodeur is a huge step up and never said he is not hall of fame worthy or he sucked the entire time. I just think he has gone downhill the last few seasons and I will admit a lot has to do with age. Again I will also always cite he played for a good chunk of his. career in the dead puck era and played with white possibly the best defense ever assembled, but he is def at least one of the best ever but maybe not THE best

I was 17 and in section 223 with my father. Loved that section. Best year of my life. Graduated high school, Devils won the cup, started dating my wife, saw my favorite band for the first time (and two more times) and took my first trip to Aruba and then Toronto a few weeks later and kissed the cup at the hall of fame.

We stayed in the arena as long as we could after the game and made our way down to ice level. They were breaking down the rink pretty quickly because the Power Rangers had a show there the next day. Anyway, the glass behind the bench was down already and being the rebellious teenager I was (along with my friends from high school who were also there) I grabbed a gatorade bottle still half full of water, a couple towels, some red and black tape, and media notes, all from the bench. My one friend had Claude Lemieux's HELMET in his hands and was about to walk off with it but had second thoughts, especially after security yelled at him to put it down. By the time we got to the parking lot it was deserted and filled with empty champagne bottles. My other friend there grabbed a parking cone and we paraded it around like it was the cup. He started a stupid tradition of stealing a parking cone from the lot for every cup victory (he took one from the parking lot celebration in 2000).