Video Game Thread

NJDevils1214

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been logging some serious time with MW3. The game play is good. Sure it has some flaws and people will always have criticism for some aspect but it worked out of the box and is challenging.

Finished Uncharted 3 a few weeks ago and the game is great but not as amazing as the previous game. While the story is quite good and the antagonist is the best in series, they really try too hard to create those ridiculous set pieces. Some work out perfectly, some don't. Also, the context sensitive animations cause some jerkiness in the gameplay, which is odd considering how amazing Uncharted 2 played. Also, there are bugs. In a heavy fistfight, I got pushed through a background and had to restart the checkpoint. A big plus is how an emphasis is made on melee combat. For the first time in the series, you need to be good with your fists, as some moments require it. Great game, but not quite the masterpiece 2 was.

Now playing Skyward Sword and depsite the annoyances of the Wii Motion Plus, something I think is based on my TV setup/placement of the sensor, it's an incredible game. The story is fantastic, the characters are whimsical without being annoying (aside from Goose) and the gameplay is easily the most challenging yet. They start you off with six hearts for a reason! Also, flying your bird is incredibly satisfying although it does get a touch monotonous. Only about a third of the way through, but I'm really enjoying it!

Got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection a week ago. As a huge fan of the series it's great to play these games again after so many years plus I finally get to play Peace Walker (which I never did since it was only released on the PSP). Although the games look better than ever in HD, they haven't aged well. The controls as well as the fixed camera perspective (Metal Gear Solid 2) just are not up to the standards of today's games. There are also some other problems, like lip syncing not matching, which I didn't mind 10 years ago but now is just frustrating. But all this cannot make me forget how much fun these games are.

Edited by Atterr

I borrowed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a couple weeks ago, without a doubt one of the best story lines of any game series. After I beat it I borrowed Revelations from my Brother-In-Law's brother and am about 2/3 through it. So far so good and the game just keeps improving. I wouldn't mind seeing this turned into a book series or even maybe a couple movies.

Now playing Skyward Sword and depsite the annoyances of the Wii Motion Plus, something I think is based on my TV setup/placement of the sensor, it's an incredible game. The story is fantastic, the characters are whimsical without being annoying (aside from Goose) and the gameplay is easily the most challenging yet. They start you off with six hearts for a reason! Also, flying your bird is incredibly satisfying although it does get a touch monotonous. Only about a third of the way through, but I'm really enjoying it!

I've been addicted to this game lately. I just finished the 6th Dungeon. Don't know how far in that is. It breathed life back into a wii that had gathered quite a bit of dust. I also find this game is much more fun than Twilight Princess. I never got into that one for some reason.

Got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection a week ago. As a huge fan of the series it's great to play these games again after so many years plus I finally get to play Peace Walker (which I never did since it was only released on the PSP). Although the games look better than ever in HD, they haven't aged well. The controls as well as the fixed camera perspective (Metal Gear Solid 2) just are not up to the standards of today's games. There are also some other problems, like lip syncing not matching, which I didn't mind 10 years ago but now is just frustrating. But all this cannot make me forget how much fun these games are.

Metal Gear Solid was easily one of my favorite pastimes growing up... i miss it because i played everyone of them and just about everyday

• 2 weeks later...

i just got into MGS 3, i dont like the fixed perspective but there are alot of classic games that use it, i always played MOH series

anyway the story is pretty interesting and i dont mind the hokey characters

ok gave up on that, again, castlevania is a win

fixed perspective=sword

first person=shooter

• 2 weeks later...

My Kids got Xbox 360 from their god parents for Christmas.. It came with Halo Reach and I have to say the FPS games out now are pretty cool...Reach, Halo 3, Halo Anniversary, and the lego Indiana Jones with the kids.. Also several kinects game everyone plays..

Tried Black Ops and currently have MW3 sitting just haven't played it yet

Got a $50 gift certificate for Gamespot...thinking of putting that towards a Kinect. My daughter is still a little young for gaming (only 3 1/2), but I could see her getting into it, especially if "she's the controller". Just have to make sure there's decent games for it first.

Kinect is neat but my kids hit up the Wii more often... If you got it try Kinect Adventures It is easy fun for kids and adults...

• 3 months later...