GDT: Boston Bruins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

Seriously, just shut your fvcking trap. Not just you, and I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat for this one, but the whole collective group of butt-hurt fans who act like they're entitled to see the Devils clean the schedule in first place and waltz to a fvcking stanley cup... as if the Devils were doing you some personal injustice by losing this game.

It's a game in January against the best team in the conference and we got our butts handed to us. It happens. But all of these stupid fvcking fans who think that just because we won 3 cups in 9 years almost TWO DECADES ago, we're going to skip our way to the playoffs with a division crown and home ice advantage, need a fvcking reality check. Go look at our fvcking roster, we have talent to COMPETE, but we have a blue-line dominated by kids who are BOUND to have bad games, erratic-at-best stars and a top 6 that changes every fvcking night. Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine, our coach has barely been in place for 6 fvcking months, our superstar goes from Wayne Van Dorp to Wayne Gretzky and back every fvcking night, and our 'sniper' has a daughter that's old enough to sleep with legally... we are not going to dominate like we used to and that's just a simple fact.

Accept it that this team is a playoff contender, accept it that we won't dominate teams with any consistancy, ENJOY the fvcking season because you LOVE the team you root for, or go the hell away.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I never said this team was Stanley Cup material. I also was just proving a point by knowing how my team operates now a days. They hang with most teams, but when an elite team comes around, or if they have to travel and play a team that has been playing well you can almost guarantee that they will under perform and lose.

Now, I don't know how you feel about that, as a fan, but me, I'm pretty passionate and I think we deserve better. We have the players. So what's the problem?

If they're going to play like this, then yea sorry, they deserved to be bashed because it's hard to remain positive when they're just so predictable.

Our third periods are a fvcking disgrace. They were down 3-1 going into the 3rd and just gave up. God for bid we had a 3-0 lead going into the 3rd because it probably would have been even worse!! ! !

Anyway you're right. For now, I'll just start accepting that the team isn't good. Every time they get your hopes up, like with a win against Pitt or going up 3-0 in a game they fvcking let you down and it's just not right and something needs to change.

I've never heard of a team performing like this.

If the team is going to be like this for the next 5 years then that's just truly a shame, especially with what we're used to.

This team isn't supposed to be a bunch of losers. They haven't been since the mid 90s so there's no reason for it to start now. I'm not saying they're the Columbus Blue Jackets but the front office better start correcting the things that are wrong and quick. Because last year seems to have been the start of a major down fall.

Wow. Anybody see what happened in Philly after the WC? Flyers fans almost killed some Ranger fans. I'm watching the video right now, pretty scary.

Anyway. Jets lost! We're still in 8th! Yaaaaaaa!

Off Duty Woodbridge cop and his son who took that beating.

Philly is just filled with scum bags

Wait, are we in 8th now?

These guys need to get their rears in gear. It's going to be an epic fight for them to maintain 8th spot for the rest of the season.

You know for some odd reason I felt a little more at ease this time last season than I do now. I mean we were in last place, but a win was a much bigger deal and a loss was par for the course.

This season this team looks like they don't know what the hell they want to do.

Off Duty Woodbridge cop and his son who took that beating.

Philly is just filled with scum bags

Wow. From what I heard the Flyers fans were attacking a homeless person, Ranger fans saw what was happening and started swinging at the Flyers fans. That was probably a mistake if you ask me. Try and break it up..don't go in there swinging right away.

Wait, are we in 8th now?

These guys need to get their rears in gear. It's going to be an epic fight for them to maintain 8th spot for the rest of the season.

You know for some odd reason I felt a little more at ease this time last season than I do now. I mean we were in last place, but a win was a much bigger deal and a loss was par for the course.

This season this team looks like they don't know what the hell they want to do.

Yea the Habs housed the Jets pretty sure the 8th seed is still ours at the moment.

Wow. From what I heard the Flyers fans were attacking a homeless person, Ranger fans saw what was happening and started swinging at the Flyers fans. That was probably a mistake if you ask me. Try and break it up..don't go in there swinging right away.

Your kidding right....In Philly..wearing Rangers Jerseys and..... try and break it up..without those a$$holes Philly fans throwing punches...WAKE THE FVCK UP!!

Bad game but I will chalk it up to the the fact that the devils are a young team and are experiencing growing pains. I hope this is a good learning experiance for the all the young players we have. You have to come out and play 60 minutes of hockey against a team like Boston, not 5.

BTW did anybody else think Tallinder was just awful, -4, 4 pim one of which was turned into a goal, and a defencive zone turn-over that lead to a goal. He needs to play better than that, but i guess the team as a whole was kinda flat.

Heres to turning it around on Friday! :cheers:

Sometimes I get the feeling that we shouldn't have gotten rid of guys like Gionta, Madden and Pandolfo.

BTW. what happened to Anssi Salmela?

we let a bunch of players walk right out of the organization and replaced them with mediocre talent

I think Anssi went back to Europe or the KHL

Edited by hargsy

Sometimes I get the feeling that we shouldn't have gotten rid of guys like Gionta, Madden and Pandolfo.

BTW. what happened to Anssi Salmela?

If we kept Gio, everybody on this forum would be bitching about how we over paid for him. Montreal's paying him $5.5 million annually. He's one of my favorite players in the NHL, but no way in hell is he worth that much.

Madden and Pando are waaaaaaaaaay over the hump. There's a reason that nobody signed Madden until January and that Pando is on the Islanders one year after playing for the Springfield Falcons. They aren't the players they were when they wore Devils sweaters. I'll take the growing pains of the youth movement at this point in lieu of nostalgic mediocrity.

If we kept Gio, everybody on this forum would be bitching about how we over paid for him. Montreal's paying him $5.5 million annually. He's one of my favorite players in the NHL, but no way in hell is he worth that much.

Madden and Pando are waaaaaaaaaay over the hump. There's a reason that nobody signed Madden until January and that Pando is on the Islanders one year after playing for the Springfield Falcons. They aren't the players they were when they wore Devils sweaters. I'll take the growing pains of the youth movement at this point in lieu of nostalgic mediocrity.

I'd rather have a 4th containing an over the hill Pando and Madden over what we currently have.

Seriously, just shut your fvcking trap. Not just you, and I'm sorry you had to be the scapegoat for this one, but the whole collective group of butt-hurt fans who act like they're entitled to see the Devils clean the schedule in first place and waltz to a fvcking stanley cup... as if the Devils were doing you some personal injustice by losing this game.

It's a game in January against the best team in the conference and we got our butts handed to us. It happens. But all of these stupid fvcking fans who think that just because we won 3 cups in 9 years almost TWO DECADES ago, we're going to skip our way to the playoffs with a division crown and home ice advantage, need a fvcking reality check. Go look at our fvcking roster, we have talent to COMPETE, but we have a blue-line dominated by kids who are BOUND to have bad games, erratic-at-best stars and a top 6 that changes every fvcking night. Our goalie uses fvcking rogaine, our coach has barely been in place for 6 fvcking months, our superstar goes from Wayne Van Dorp to Wayne Gretzky and back every fvcking night, and our 'sniper' has a daughter that's old enough to sleep with legally... we are not going to dominate like we used to and that's just a simple fact.

Accept it that this team is a playoff contender, accept it that we won't dominate teams with any consistancy, ENJOY the fvcking season because you LOVE the team you root for, or go the hell away.

Getting better but miles to go. Tone it down a bit will ya?