2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Schottenhiemer calls games like his old man- Sanchez needs to be allowed to throw the ball. They don't believe in him enough to let him do that. It's affected his confidence in himself, which is plain to see. I can only hope it continues.

Schott is a great OC. But if you don't have the tools at QB (at the moment) to make the quick decisions and correct defensive reads, you have to be conservative.

The Jets don't have the strong running game they had a year ago and the played the Raven D for Odin's sake.

..I absolutely can't wait until Sunday, when Peyton beats the ever loving sh!t out of Big Blue.. and all you fvckers can go back into your holes with tails between your legs.

You would think after last season (jumping to a 5-0 start against cream-puff's.. only to win 2 out of your last 11 games, when you started playing REAL teams) you'd know better. But I guess beating the Carolina Panthers after giving up 4 turnovers, has convinced the Giants faithful that they are going to the Superbowl.

-Because since Sunday.. you fairies have done alot of chirping.

Not so fast...the G-MEN have a shot against the Colts if they can win in a Scorathon. I never said the Giants were going to the Super Bowl, but their offense looks ALOT better than the Jets'.

Schottenhiemer calls games like his old man- Sanchez needs to be allowed to throw the ball. They don't believe in him enough to let him do that. It's affected his confidence in himself, which is plain to see. I can only hope it continues.

Eventually he is going to be forced to take the training wheels off of Sanchez, and we will see what he can do.....

Not to mention when the Bears make a Super Bowl Shuffle video, the Ravens talk smack before they win or the Cowboys talk smack before they win (funny how some of the most bitter anti-Jet people are Cowboy fans) nobody cares but when we do it it's the worst thing in the world.

I don't think that this is some sort of anit-Jets thing. Those are just the football people who talk. I'd say that the Jets brought this upon us by starting to say things. The talkers hear the Jets pumping themselves up, so they respond the way that talkers do. If we didn't say anything, then the Raven players and Cowboy fans and whoever else loves to hear themselves speak would still be talking anyway, just about other things.

I don't think that this is some sort of anit-Jets thing. Those are just the football people who talk. I'd say that the Jets brought this upon us by starting to say things. The talkers hear the Jets pumping themselves up, so they respond the way that talkers do. If we didn't say anything, then the Raven players and Cowboy fans and whoever else loves to hear themselves speak would still be talking anyway, just about other things.

...that, AND the fact that the Jets are (at least on paper) a star-studded team.

For the same reason people spew their hate on the Yankees since 2001, I expected this going into the season.

It's just human nature to want see a team stacked with superstars, fail. I remember when the Redwings had Fedorov.. Hull.. Shanahan.. Robitaille.. Yzerman.. Datsyuk.. Chelios.. Zetterberg.. Hasek.. Cujo.. Lidstrom.. Draper.. Schneider.. it was insane!! I rooted against them so hard. Looking back... why did I? They weren't rivals of the Devils. They didn't play in my division. They didn't even play in the same conference. --It was solely due to the fact that I felt, they were trying to buy a championship.

Edited by Beezer34

just out of curiosity right now, if you guys had a choice between Pennington or Sanchez, who would you pick and why?

Pennington is my favorite Jet ever, but he just can't play anymore. He can't throw further than 10 yards. Every 10 yard out is a pick six. The Dolphins had to run the wildcat in order to make that offense work. I'd have to say Sanchez, but talk to me again in 3 games.

Schott is a great OC. But if you don't have the tools at QB (at the moment) to make the quick decisions and correct defensive reads, you have to be conservative.

The Jets don't have the strong running game they had a year ago and the played the Raven D for Odin's sake.

They may really regret letting Thomas Jones go. Tomlinson is a nice change of pace at this point in his career, but that's about it. Greene still hasn't fully proven himself, and he fumbles a lot. Only time will tell, but they definitely look weaker on the ground.

I'm not liking this team much now either, between Braylon Edwards doing a shimmy and getting flagged for 15 after the Jets finally score a TD (and he finally makes a couple of catches) to Eric Smith's needless head-to-head whack on Welker that kept a drive going to Mevi$ conveniently faking the hammy going out on him just when Moss finally punk'd him for a long TD.

And if Mevi$ is actually hurt, **** him anyway, he's the one that sat out camp because he just had to be the highest paid CB, well you better play like it now :rant:

Edited by Hasan4978

That catch by Moss ... I could watch that over and over.

I'm not liking this team much now either, between Braylon Edwards doing a shimmy and getting flagged for 15 after the Jets finally score a TD (and he finally makes a couple of catches) to Eric Smith's needless head-to-head whack on Welker that kept a drive going to Mevi$ conveniently faking the hammy going out on him just when Moss finally punk'd him for a long TD.

And if Mevi$ is actually hurt, **** him anyway, he's the one that sat out camp because he just had to be the highest paid CB, well you better play like it now :rant:

Yes, I've had enough of it all. Braylon Edwards is such a sh!t.

Where in the high holy fvck did this second half come from?! Then again I'm saying that about half the games this week in the NFL as a whole. It wasn't a moment too soon in any case, after a lousy preseason and first game and a half at home.

At least they came together a bit in the midst of the adversity (being behind, no Revis or Brad Smith in the second half, even Mangold missed a series).

Sorry to hear about that. The new stadium is a pretty big disappointment. Especially when you have to go to the bathroom and when your trying to leave. The old stadium was much, much better for a football fan.

I have been to the stadium now for the 5th time. I went to the first sporting event back in May for the Mexico/Ecuador game.. I was disappointed with it then, and still am. I've been to the Jets mini camp there, Jets/giants preseason and Giants/Steelers preseason, all times really not into the stadium. Trying to piss is like waiting in line for $10 tickets.. :lol:

But back to my Jets. They kill me sometimes, but a great GREAT game by Mark. Best game as a Jet so far if you ask me. LT was fire. Braylon played well. MUST WIN GAME IN MIA NEXT WEEK. SQUISH THOSE fvckING FISH!!

But back to my Jets. They kill me sometimes, but a great GREAT game by Mark. Best game as a Jet so far if you ask me. LT was fire. Braylon played well. MUST WIN GAME IN MIA NEXT WEEK. SQUISH THOSE fvckING FISH!!

Why is it a must-win? I understand that the game is a big one, and that if we lose they're 3-0 and we're 1-2, versus tied at 2-1 if we win. But it still seems too early to me to be making such declarations. It's just a very big early-season game.

Why is it a must-win? I understand that the game is a big one, and that if we lose they're 3-0 and we're 1-2, versus tied at 2-1 if we win. But it still seems too early to me to be making such declarations. It's just a very big early-season game.

Well to me, every game is a must win. And I hate this mentallity that it's too early, and it's only a game..

It's big though. It's big personally because I would hate for them to go 3-0 and being in first. fvck THEM.

I was very pleased to see Sanchez get it done.

I still don't like some of the dumb things this team does ... going for the 2-point conversion to go up by seven late in the third quarter was pretty dumb. Braylon Edwards' taunting ... dumb. Another stupid hit by Eric Smith.

Today was a win, but the Jets' erraticness is going to be a factor all year. The NFL is an up-and-down thing as it is, but this Jets team will make it worse by being its own worst enemy. If they could ever show some maturity and smarts consistently, I would be impressed. Strap yourselves in for the emotional roller coaster, Jets fans.

Well to me, every game is a must win. And I hate this mentallity that it's too early, and it's only a game..

It's big though. It's big personally because I would hate for them to go 3-0 and being in first. fvck THEM.

No, fvck YOU GUYS, because that's exactly what's gonna happen. And I'll be watching it happen in person from section 415.

Edited by MadDog2020