GDT: 10/25 Nj Devils @ LA Kings 7:30pm PST

DevilinLA

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico quite puzzling...

CANGIALOSI: "Do you ever laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...only to realize you have no idea why you started laughing in the first place?"

RESCH: "Story of my life, sister!"

[Cangialosi laughs maniacally for the next 16 minutes.]

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico quite puzzling...

CANGIALOSI: "Do you ever laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...only to realize you have no idea why you started laughing in the first place?"

RESCH: "Story of my life, sister!"

[Cangialosi laughs maniacally for the next 16 minutes.]

:giggle:

:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:unsure:

:mellow:

THIS is the team we have all been waiting to see.

Exactly my thoughts. During preseason, when we were all looking forward to the new season with a new coach and all of the youngsters on the team, this was how we dreamed they would play.

That was a fantastic effort- I just wish I could've made it through the end of the 3rd period lol.

Me too. Even though I'm at work now, I'm not fully awake yet.

The game was past my bedtime, but it's great to wake up to find out about such a great win! And would I be correct in assuming Moose stood on his head ... er ... antlers last night?

:3soow::3soow::3soow:

Same here, pleasantly surprised - as much about the shutout and margin as anything else - even if the Kings had no Doughty or Quick, the Devils needed a convincing win.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Same here, pleasantly surprised - as much about the shutout and margin as anything else - even if the Kings had no Doughty or Quick, the Devils needed a convincing win.

It wasn't just that they won 3-0. It was the way they played. They pursued the puck all night -- or at least for most of it -- constantly pushing it up ice. They were relentless at times. And they had four lines clicking. It was fun to watch.

Woke up to watch some of third period and was very pleasantly surprised...LA has to be thinking "How did we manage just one point and one goal in two games against these guys?!"

If they win just one out of the next two games, they split the trip and come home 5-3-1. I'd be thrilled with that.

yeah i bet that's what they're wondering. they must agree with you that new jersey sucks, even though they've been clearly outchanced by them.

The team played so well. Henrique was fantastic. I think in the future he would look great centering Parise.

Kovalchuk was our worst player tonight. Missed several chances. Very hesistant to go below the circles in the offensive zone. Hes always retreating to the blue line, rather predictably. Zach gave him a couple gifts that he did not convert.

Edited by devlman

yeah i bet that's what they're wondering. they must agree with you that new jersey sucks, even though they've been clearly outchanced by them.

Don't put words in my mouth smartass. I never said that the Devils sucked...I said I thought it was a team in transition, and a team that will win close but lose by bigger margins (doesn't mean their record will be terrible, but would mean their goal differential would not be so good). I pointed out reasons for concern that dated back to last season (lack of scoring, etc.), and yeah, I thought they were a little lucky to be 3-1-1 in their first five games. It also doesn't help that they're a little shorthanded right now (not having Zajac)

I think the Kings view themselves as a strong team that's probably better (in their view) than the Devils...I'm sure they expected to come away with more than one point against them.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Don't put words in my mouth smartass. I never said that the Devils sucked...I said I thought it was a team in transition, and a team that will win close but lose by bigger margins (doesn't mean their record will be terrible, but would mean their goal differential would not be so good). I pointed out reasons for concern that dated back to last season (lack of scoring, etc.), and yeah, I thought they were a little lucky to be 3-1-1 in their first five games. It also doesn't help that they're a little shorthanded right now (not having Zajac)

I think the Kings view themselves as a strong team that's probably better (in their view) than the Devils...I'm sure they expected to come away with more than one point against them.

The problem is that the Devils are not a team in transition, but are actually pretty darn good. They've outchanced the Kings 32-15 in the head to head, so yeah, I'd say they're doing all right against that team at least.

The difference between 'team in transition' and playoff team are remarkably close. There will probably be between 15 and 20 teams within 10 points of one another.

The Devils will have a positive goal differential.

Edited by Triumph