2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

Your money league is full of wankers

:haha2: hater.

... and having Foster, AP, Morris, Reese and Dwyer at RB, I'm in pretty damned good shape.....

I too have Foster and AP. Glad I took that risk with my second rounder. Everyone was scared AP would be a bust.

I didn't realize how bad Eli was in that stretch prior to last week... C'mon, make it one more week :D

Or have Tynes post 19pts; and Eli 27... I'll take it.

I tried really hard to get AP this year; but Hasan wouldn't give the pick up :)

Wow, that was quite the epic finish. Can't believe I pulled this one off after all, especially when it looked like deja vu with another mobile QB of CRASHER's coming back to nose me out :lol:

And the playoff picture is now set:

1 - Dynamo Nation

2 - New Jersey Swamps (third straight year with a bye, and my fifth straight year going to the final four)

3 - Wack MC's

4 - Sworn Defenders - after his own hard-fought win today with only Tynes and a ten-point handicap to go up against Eli

5 - DR

6 - Waiver Wire Whining - a few more points by RG3 would have given CRASHER the bye, instead he drops to sixth

And I skattttte by.... nice

In what amounted to a play-in game between you and Big Blue after all with Manta and VALUE's losses.

Lost the last three weeks because I started the wrong QB.

Ayl you were right: Vick was a gamble early in the draft.

I wanted to be wrong as a birds fan... But an aging, injury prone risk taking scrambling QB with a sh!tty offensive line didn't leave the fan base with much optimism other than the blinded Vick supporters.

I still support Andy Reid, I'd rather keep a great coach and reboot the team again.

Another tough week ahead. Got the win last week, now one game out of first place and holding onto a playoff spot by a game. Jets on D helped me out last week, wondering if they could do the same against Jacksonville or if I should go back to Denver vs. Oakland.

On the tight end front, I'm torn between A-Hern against Houston or Gonzo vs. Carolina.

Probably stick with the Jets, the Jags have no RB left at all and Henne came crashing back down to earth against the Bills last week. Oakland's not that great either but they're the garbage-time stat kings :lol:

And I'd take Gonzo just cause easier matchup and I'm not entirely convinced A-Hern's out of the woods yet as far as being 100% though he has at least played two straight weeks.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No fanatsy this week, all I have to look fwrd to is sanchise?? Ouch!! Thank god my Franchise is named Manning!!

You could always forfeit your bye....I'd gladly take your place :)

Let's see if I can do an ayl-style preview justice for all of 'two' games this weekend:

#3 Wack MC's (8-5, 1276.24 points) vs. #6 Waiver Wire Whining (7-6, 1275.58 points)

Wack MC's comes into the game with a 3-3 record in their last six games, after a 5-2 start that provided enough cushion to earn the #3 seed while Waiver Wire Whining rallied from a 4-5 record to make the playoffs with three straight wins, narrowly missing a fourth straight and an unlikely bye week despite scoring nearly 130 points in their last game. Currently Wack MC's is listed as an 18.57 point favorite based on current lineups but it was Waiver Wire Whining who won the two previous matchups this season - a 16.52 point win on Opening Day and an 8.72 point win in the penultimate week of the season. Wack MC's strength is the QB position, where he has current starter Andy Dalton and backup Matthew Stafford with 240+ fantasy points each this season, RB Marshawn Lynch with 160.7 points and the Denver D/ST with 156 points this season while WWW has fantasy MVP candidate RGIII with 300.9 points on the season. Other key WWW starters include WR Calvin Johnson with 174.8 points on the season and RB Frank Gore with 152.7 points, as well as recent fantasy sensation RB Bryce Brown with 59.2 fantasy points in his two starts for the Eagles.

The winner will face #2 New Jersey Swamps (8-5, 1426.08 points) in the next round with Wack MC's owning a Week 3 win over the higher seed 76.22-70.12 in one of the lowest-scoring games of the season, while Waiver Wire Whining lost two close regular season games to the Swamps in higher-scoring contests by totals of 105.24-96.44 and 134.22-129.82 in Weeks 2 and 13.

#4 Sworn Defenders (7-6, 1296.6 points) vs. #5 DR (7-6, 1287.44 points)

Sworn Defenders enters the postseason as arguably the hottest team, rallying from a 2-5 start to win five of their last six games, including a narrow 88.4-85.3 victory over Big Blue in what amounted to a play-in game for both teams during the final week of the regular season. One of the earlier losses was to DR by a score of 133.7-98.2 in Week 3, the teams' only matchup this season. Currently Sworn Defenders is listed as a 16.18 point favorite by current starting lineups and the #4 seed is led by a dynamic RB duo of Arian Foster (213.9 FP on the season) and Doug Martin (208 FP), as well as early-season MVP candidate QB Matt Ryan (251.9 FP). While Sworn Defenders is on an uptick, DR comes into the playoffs struggling with losses in three of their last four after a 6-3 start, scoring below 90 points in each the last six games of the season. DR's key players are QB Drew Brees (291.56 FP) and WR A.J.Green (176.5 FP), though his RB core is still reeling from the injury to starter Willis McGahee (113.2 FP), lost for the season three weeks ago.

The winner will face top-seeded Dynamo Nation (9-4, 1383.86) in the next round. If Sworn Defenders win this week, they'll be looking to avenge a 172.68-91.1 beatdown in Week 5 at the hands of the top seed. DR also lost their only game to Dynamo Nation in Week 7, but the score was much closer in a 94.52-92.38 decision.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

I tried really hard to get AP this year; but Hasan wouldn't give the pick up :)

I also made attempts to move up to try AP in this league. I was able to grab him in my money league with the 23rd pick.

... But an aging, injury prone risk taking scrambling QB with a sh!tty offensive line didn't leave the fan base with much optimism other than the blinded Vick supporters.

One of which I got a c-note off of with the crumbling failure of a season they put up. :lock:

So far squeezing out that bye looks huge for me, I would have been in deep s*it against ayl and his junk-time scoring, even with AP lighting it up again.

I could just as easily lose next week, but at least with the bye I only have two shots to get fvcked as opposed to three :lol: And it buys a little more time for Gronk to hopefully heal up. Philly's short week this week hurts my chances of seeing McCoy again this season though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So far squeezing out that bye looks huge for me, I would have been in deep s*it against ayl and his junk-time scoring, even with AP lighting it up

Don't jinx me. I still have Foster +46 vs Welker. :)

I swear, my team is feast/famine. Hopefully it's feast from here on out.

Don't jinx me. I still have Foster +46 vs Welker. :)

I swear, my team is feast/famine. Hopefully it's feast from here on out.

I just meant I would have had to play you in the first round if I'd lost the last week of the season, and my starting lineup didn't get anywhere close to your 110+Foster this week. Different than last year when I scored 170+ against the bye :lol:

But yeah, you and RSC are through...with you playing red and me playing RSC in the AP/Marshawn special (both involved in that big draft trade).

Edited by NJDevs4978

Gotta love everything coming full circle and creating NJDevs fantasy playoff drama.

In my money league, I have Marshawn as well, and the guy I'm playing has AP. Marshawn edged him out by a single point, so hopefully he can do that this week as well

And we're now in the Final Four, conference Finals, whatever you want to call it:

#4 Sworn Defenders (8-6) vs. #1 Dynamo Nation (9-4), current line Sworn Defenders -19.76 points

Sworn Defenders comes into this game still hot, fresh off a 55.92 win over DR in the first round of the playoffs last week for their sixth win in seven weeks, while top-seeded Dynamo Nation enjoyed a bye. Remarkably, the Yahoo! line has the lower-seeded Defenders listed as a nearly 20-point favorite but Dynamo Nation scored 87.26 total points more during the regular season. Going into the game Sworn Defenders' biggest advantage on paper is at the RB position, with Doug Martin (21 projected points) and Arian Foster (23.83) going against Trent Richardson (13.18) and Alfred Morris (10.33). Dynamo's biggest edge is team balance, as every starter outside of kicker and defense is projected for double digit points, although having All-Pro D Bears de-clawed by injuries hurts.

Key matchup within the matchup: Dynamo will need his Giants defense (8.74 PP) to keep Defenders' QB Matt Ryan (22.63 PP) in check.

Key injuries: Defenders - WR2 Dez Bryant (questionable with a serious finger injury), Dynamo - K Robbie Gould (out for season), DEF Bears (multiple players on the shelf)

#3 Wack MC's (9-5) vs. #2 New Jersey Swamps (8-5), current line Wack MC's -1.35 points

Wack MC's is coming off a 16.62 point win over Waiver Wire Whining in the first round, while Swamps also enjoyed a bye that wasn't certain till the final minutes of the final Week 13 game. Yahoo! has this as a virtual pick 'em game, based on the meager line. Swamps did outscore Wack MC's by 149.84 points during the regular season but due to injuries, dissapointments and coach's decisions Swamps is currently starting five waiver wire pickups, while Wack MC's lineup has largely remained intact, though RB2 Ahmad Bradshaw (9.28 PP) is questionable for this week. Swamps' biggest edge is having fantasy MVP candidate Adrian Peterson (20.77 PP) on their side as AP leads all RB's in scoring this season with only one single-digit game, while Wack MC's strength is having a motivated Marshawn Lynch (14.46 PP) going back to Buffalo to face a bad run defense this week. To add intrigue to a star matchup, both RB1's were essentially traded for each other in a big draft deal. While AP has the season points edge, Wack MC's can get the last laugh with a win this week.

Key matchup within the matchup: Besides the AP/Marshawn showdown, the Detroit-Arizona game has implications for both teams. Will Arizona be able to force the Lions to rely on Swamps K Jason Hanson (10.63 PP) field goals or will Wack MC's QB Matt Stafford (17.92 PP) have a field day with multiple TD's against the now-hopeless Cardinals? Perhaps both will happen.

Key injuries: Wack MC's RB2 Ahmad Bradshaw (questionable - foot/knee), Swamps RB LeSean McCoy (out - concussion) and TE Rob Gronkowski (out - broken forearm)

Edited by NJDevs4978