2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

I think you need to win out and get lucky on points to get in... but sinking others is always fun too :)

Ultimately keeping Jackson over Lynch did me in. I haven't had consistency from RB or QB all year, and having Lynch instead of Jackson would have allowed me to survive well into this week even with McFadden dying a painful death as a relevant fantasy player.

I think it's too late for me at this point, but I believe I'd sell any one of my receivers for a good running back, especially one I can keep at a decent pick.

EDIT: Well looks like things fell into place in the late games, hopefully the Bears D doesn't go off tomorrow and I can go into first or second, depending on score.

Hopefully McCoy isn't gone for too long though Fat Andy makes him half-dissapear every week anyway :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Meanwhile my team sh!t the bed...

Well, I'll give Dez Bryant credit...

Martin, Witten were average.

Foster, Gates, Wallace... wtf.

Matt Ryan? Go sit in the portapotty; I can't even look at you (re: Manning in United Way SNL Skit:

) Edited by aylbert

Wonderful, Sanchez's ass fumble was just enough to condemn me to a first against worst defeat - six points for the TD against and two for the fumble, and I lost by less than 8. Along with Miles Austin blowing a tire in the first quarter and putting up a zero, along with picking Alexander (who had an okay game) over Beanie Wells (who blew up in his first game back with two TD's) at Flex.

Could have locked up a bye with a win pretty much, but this was like one of my normal playoff chokes early :P I was still the fifth-highest scoring team of the week even without Gronk/McCoy and only eight players putting up points, oh well.

Edited by NJDevs4978

From what I'm seeing, I should be out on points unless some 6-6 teams tie, but it'll be interesting to have what I thought of as a down season and still be in position to be 7-6. Swiping Kapernick has turned out to be a plus move for me, and I'm hopeful he's got more in the tank for the stretch run and beyond.

Nice of my receivers to show up this week, too.

EDIT: Actually, I just glanced at Stattracker...I think I'm in if I win + Blue and Dynamo win as long as I maintain my points lead on Blue (which is tentative since he still has another player). If DR wins tonight then it's just win + Blue/Dynamo wins.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

4 7-5 teams battling each other for the other bye, does not get much better than that!!

Sorry Manta sub 500 teams donot make the playoffs

With all four of the 7-5's playing each other in two games. Since I'm still the highest scoring team I get the bye with a win regardless of the other game.

Of course as usual my team is breaking down right before the playoffs, no Gronk, probably no McCoy or Austin next week at least, Jennings only coming back now and who knows what I'll get from him. Wouldn't shock me if I pulled a Jets and flamed out three straight weeks.

And yeah, no 6-7 team can make the playoffs since five teams already have 7 wins and two other 6-6 teams are playing so one of them will get to 7, or 6-6-1.