2013-14 Prospect Thread

thefiestygoat

Finished compiling the CHL stats for Devils prospects here. Just like with the NCAA guys and Gavrus in Europe, it's broken down by basic stats, situation (EV/PP/SH), and primary/secondary.

-- Out of Johnson's 53 points, 43 came at even strength. I noticed most of his PP points came towards the end of the year so maybe he wasn't getting that time earlier on. 41 of his points were primary too. Finished with a 0.90 pts/gp ratio. Makes me feel like I was a bit harsh on him at some points this year.

-- Kujawinski had a nice pts/gp of 0.91 as an 18 year old when he was healthy enough to stay in the line up. 35 of his 41 points were primary though he did get to play on the PP: 8-5-13.

-- Black tore up the WHL (as he should as the 3rd oldest player in the league) with a 1.41 pts/gp ratio. His breakdown, EV: 23-45-68, PP: 9-17-26, SH: 2-1-3 with 73 of his 97 points primary.

-- Essentially 2/3 of Severson's points were at even strength. Pretty much the same thing with Bell.

I just need to finish the CHL playoffs and international tournaments. In other prospect news, it seems like Miles Wood is going to spend another year in HS for some reason. This news isn't "official" and could still change (hope so) but according the BC Hockey Blog which does follow NE prep hockey, they claim he is returning to Nobles for his age 19 season. Not to be a revisionist but man I wish they drafted Hudson Fasching, who I posted a lot about prior to the draft, in that spot. Oh well.

Finished compiling the CHL stats for Devils prospects here. Just like with the NCAA guys and Gavrus in Europe, it's broken down by basic stats, situation (EV/PP/SH), and primary/secondary.

-- Out of Johnson's 53 points, 43 came at even strength. I noticed most of his PP points came towards the end of the year so maybe he wasn't getting that time earlier on. 41 of his points were primary too. Finished with a 0.90 pts/gp ratio. Makes me feel like I was a bit harsh on him at some points this year.

-- Kujawinski had a nice pts/gp of 0.91 as an 18 year old when he was healthy enough to stay in the line up. 35 of his 41 points were primary though he did get to play on the PP: 8-5-13.

-- Black tore up the WHL (as he should as the 3rd oldest player in the league) with a 1.41 pts/gp ratio. His breakdown, EV: 23-45-68, PP: 9-17-26, SH: 2-1-3 with 73 of his 97 points primary.

-- Essentially 2/3 of Severson's points were at even strength. Pretty much the same thing with Bell.

I just need to finish the CHL playoffs and international tournaments. In other prospect news, it seems like Miles Wood is going to spend another year in HS for some reason. This news isn't "official" and could still change (hope so) but according the BC Hockey Blog which does follow NE prep hockey, they claim he is returning to Nobles for his age 19 season. Not to be a revisionist but man I wish they drafted Hudson Fasching, who I posted a lot about prior to the draft, in that spot. Oh well.

Great work!

Some of the invites to prospect camp this summer are starting to pop up on twitter...

https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/status/466600251571597312

"The #Canucks had interest in #CoquitlamExpress captain Ryan Rosenthal but he's going to attend the New Jersey Devils training camp"

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&page=80005

A native of Montvale, N.J., the chance to show his hockey skills for the team he followed growing up was a dream come true.

"I've always been a Devils fan," said Rosenthal. "Patrik Elias was always my favourite player, I liked watching Scott Stevens... and Zach Parise before he left.

This was Rosenthal's first and only BCHL season. He spent last year at the University of Vermont but after getting sparse playing time, he opted to come to the BCHL in hopes of earning another NCAA opportunity. He did that and also drew increasing interest from NHL clubs as the BCHL season went along.

"For most of the playoffs, Wolffie (Express head coach Barry Wolff) and (team president) Darcy Rota were talking to me about NHL teams having interest," said Rosenthal, adding the Vancouver Canucks were another club looking closely at him. "(Devils president and general manager) Lou Lamoriello was talking to my family advisor and Glen Dirks, the regional scout, called me and told me to stay in shape and be ready to go."

C/RW Ryan Rosenthal 6'2, 200 lbs, Age: 21 (4/30/93), Coquitlam (BCHL), 2013-14 Season: 50 GP 34-31-65, Playoffs: 19 GP 14-8-22 Here is his EliteProspects page.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/status/471734792229097473

"Matt Lorito, @BrownMensHockey capt., going to @NHLDevils rookie camp this summer. Has been back on ice for couple of weeks after broken leg"

F Matt Lorito 5'9, 170 lbs, Age 23 (7/3/90), Brown (NCAA), 2013-14 Season: 29 GP 10-19-29, +1, 8 PIM, 3.10 SH/GP, 3 NCAA Seasons: 90 GP 36-47-83, +5, 32 PIM, 2.94 SH/GP Here is his EliteProspects page and his Brown bio.

Some of the invites to prospect camp this summer are starting to pop up on twitter...

https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/status/466600251571597312

"The #Canucks had interest in #CoquitlamExpress captain Ryan Rosenthal but he's going to attend the New Jersey Devils training camp"

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&page=80005

C/RW Ryan Rosenthal 6'2, 200 lbs, Age: 21 (4/30/93), Coquitlam (BCHL), 2013-14 Season: 50 GP 34-31-65, Playoffs: 19 GP 14-8-22 Here is his EliteProspects page.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/status/471734792229097473

"Matt Lorito, @BrownMensHockey capt., going to @NHLDevils rookie camp this summer. Has been back on ice for couple of weeks after broken leg"

F Matt Lorito 5'9, 170 lbs, Age 23 (7/3/90), Brown (NCAA), 2013-14 Season: 29 GP 10-19-29, +1, 8 PIM, 3.10 SH/GP, 3 NCAA Seasons: 90 GP 36-47-83, +5, 32 PIM, 2.94 SH/GP Here is his EliteProspects page and his Brown bio.

Where did Rosenthal play HS hockey?