Marked as read still showing up

StarDew

DM...I have more info as to this quandry.

I logged on last night for a bit. I marked Politics as read but did not do the same for the Off-Topic. Today I logon and every thread in Off-Topic that I never read is showing as active. It goes back to Sept. 21 06:43 'DOH, I'm a failure' thread.

Is there some connection with the marked as read?? Only in Off-Topic do I have to mark both the forum and sub-forum. No other thread with sub-forums does this. I marked Politics as read yesterday but forgot to mark Off-topic as read. It has stopped in the Hell because I mark the forum as read before I logoff. Next time I am going to try the mark all posts read on the main forum page.

Anyone else have this happening? :noclue:

edit: great just great...I marked both forums in Off-Topic as read b4 I read Hell and made this post...out of curiosity I went back to Off-Topic and magically it is just like I mentioned in the 1st paragraph...active back to 9-21 :huh:

Edited by StarDew

I have a situation similar to Dew's, but not nearly as maddening. I access this site from two different computers, one at home and one at work. I use Firefox on both computers. (I like the tabbed browsing, the adherence to W3C standards, and the sleek yet customizable package.) I browse the site differently than Dew; I prefer to use the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page rather than visiting each forum separately, so when I mark the topics as read, it gets done globally. However, when I go from one computer to the other, all the topics that have been updated since the last time I'd been on that computer appear in the search results. Usually the ones that have already been read are marked as such, but sometimes everything is marked as unread. This started happening when the new board software was installed. I have not gone into the individual forums to see what is marked read and unread when this happens.

I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y :argh: I just went to Off Topic and is is now partially marked as read going back further to th 19th. Also...I go into Hell and most are marked as unread with a few marked as read thru em...I went to 2nd and 3rd pages to see if they had similar and yes indeedy...the best part is I went bakc to page 1 and surprise...the entire Hell forum is marked as read :wacko:

When I get back home in November I am not even gonna try to read anything...I am just gonna log on and mark all as read (not that helps much :evilcry: )

Glad I am not the only one seeing stuff that was read or marked as such and seeing them again marked as not read :blink: Rowdy I am not happy you are having a similar issue just that I am not alone ;)