Martin Havlat 1 year 1.5 million

Satans Hockey

Low risk. With Jagr and Elias here there is reward. He wanted out of SJ but Wilson made him suffer for his money.

No excuses for Deboer next year. A playoff miss and he needs to go.

low risk, the only downside is that he takes a roster spot from someone else like a boucher or matteau. However, those kids need to earn that spot (so does havlat), so not a major deal.

hopefully he can play at least 2/3 of the seasons games.

I like it. If he breaks, it doesnt hurt us in the long run. Im rooting for the guy, always liked him.

I also think its funny how both of our "bigger" named signings have their names misspelled in their thread titles lol

Edited by ghdi

Something very important everyone needs to realize. 

If you guys remember Gaborik had a lot of groin issues and surgeries along with pelvic issues. Once he had surgery on his pelvic region, Gaborik no longer suffered from his groin problems. I would not be surprised if Havlat suffered from a similar issue.

The Devils continued to add depth up front by signing right wing Martin Havlat to a one-year, $1.5 million contract. Havlat, 33, had 12 goals and 10 assists in 48 games with San Jose last season. He was due to make $6 million in 2014-15 before the Sharks bought him out over the weekend, making him an unrestricted free agents. Havlat is good friends with longtime Devil Patrik Elias (and they have the same agent). Elias was happy to hear his good buddy would be joining him in New Jersey. “Hope he can be the player that he was and I believe I can help him do that,” Elias said via text. -

See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_sign_martin_havlat_to_one-year._1.5_million_contract/#sthash.ToTIjwR9.dpuf