2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

MDPucks

My God Sam is nauseating.

I have never, and I mean NEVER heard a play-by-play guy where every bad pass by the other team is a 'Ranger Steal,' and the goalie makes 'saves' that are either shots 5 feet wide or never get through the other 5 goalies in red, white, and blue.

And WTF is up with the post goal crowd shots by the camera guys at MSG? I don't recall seeing the close-ups of flexing morons after Rag goals during the regular season.

I have zero faith in the Caps to win Game 7.    The only thing holding them in is a combination of Holtby/the Rangers hilarious inability to score.

I don't know. Just about every game in that series has been close. I think the Caps have a great shot at winning Game 7 -- at least as good a shot as the Rangers.

I love watching the leafs an bruins playing cause when a guy picks up the pick in his zone hes cruiiiiising full speed and will either try to beat the dman with his speed and go to the net or cut down the middle for a good shot. 1- its really fun to watch and its getting you off your seat 2- its actually dangerous and creating good chances and creating chaos in their zone while everyone is back.

Saddly as a devils fan we almost never see those plays from our team... In the same situation our guy carying the puck will (97% of the time) either slow down and wait for everyone to make a play or dump it and we end up with everyone in the zone grinding the boards and cycling.

Edited by SterioDesign

I love watching the leafs an bruins playing cause when a guy picks up the pick in his zone hes cruiiiiising full speed and will either try to beat the dman with his speed and go to the net or cut down the middle for a good shot. 1- its really fun to watch and its getting you off your seat 2- its actually dangerous and creating good chances and creating chaos in their zone while everyone is back.

Saddly as a devils fan we almost never see those plays from our team... In the same situation our guy carying the puck will (97% of the time) either slow down and wait for everyone to make a play or dump it and we end up with everyone in the zone grinding the boards and cycling.

Nobody had a problem with our style when it grinded everyone down and brought us to the finals last year. The Devils style fits most of their players abilities. Switching an entire team play philosoply would take a lot of turnover. The devils don't have the players or structure for that.

Nobody had a problem with our style when it grinded everyone down and brought us to the finals last year. The Devils style fits most of their players abilities. Switching an entire team play philosoply would take a lot of turnover. The devils don't have the players or structure for that.

I did. I enjoyed seeing the devils making it far but i didnt enjoy watching them play that much to be honest.

And i absolutely dont agree with the turnover thing. Wheres the risk when you have one guy rushing the puck up and taking a chance leading to a faceoff or holding on to the puck and if he lose it all the guys are still behind. Or (what happened to us so damn often) dump the puck... We get ALL our 3 forwards in the same corner grinding the puck on one or 2 dmen and the other team get the puck out, one pass at a winger wide open on the other side all by himself rushing up and he the WHOLE opposing team is breaking out behind him while you have our 3 forwards trying to hustle back in the play. 5 vs 2

It was pissing me off to no end every time it would happen, other teams playing us got so damn many super clean and smooth breakouts cause all our guys were pinned facing the boards while the puck was already gone and at the red line

its not that i don't believe the Caps have what it takes to take Game 7 on the road, i just don't think god will be that nice to me.  I don't think i'm lucky enough, instead im afraid ill have to suffer as my roommate yells at the top of his lungs for the rags.  fvck. lets go caps

Anaheim was the team i adopted this postseason too, damn

its not that i don't believe the Caps have what it takes to take Game 7 on the road, i just don't think god will be that nice to me.  I don't think i'm lucky enough, instead im afraid ill have to suffer as my roommate yells at the top of his lungs for the rags.  fvck. lets go caps

Anaheim was the team i adopted this postseason too, damn

Game 7 is in Washington. The Rags have never won a Game 7 on the road (0-5). The last time they played on the road in Game 7 was 2009... in D.C.

Caps will take it. Lundqvist was due to steal at least one game, and he did just that. Idiot moron Fischler tweeted that he thinks the Rags will take it in another "King-like shutout." I can't believe anyone would be naive enough to think the Caps would be shutout twice in a row.

Game 7 is in Washington. The Rags have never won a Game 7 on the road (0-5). The last time they played on the road in Game 7 was 2009... in D.C.

Caps will take it. Lundqvist was due to steal at least one game, and he did just that. Idiot moron Fischler tweeted that he thinks the Rags will take it in another "King-like shutout." I can't believe anyone would be naive enough to think the Caps would be shutout twice in a row.

Well unless they're bringing Sergei Federov back I'm not too confident in the Caps winning any pressure game, home or away :P

Lundqvist is in the zone too, that doesn't help.  

I did. I enjoyed seeing the devils making it far but i didnt enjoy watching them play that much to be honest.

You didn't enjoy a forechecking system that's still responsible defensively?  What would you rather have seen, the Rags/Caps six-goalie system that bores most people to death?  The Pens/Flyers pond hockey?  If anything the Devils played some of the most asthetically pleasing hockey of the playoffs last year.

Funny how last year, 2 Game 7's in round 1.  rags get 7pm start, NJ/FL get east coast 9:30 start.   This yr. 2 orig.6 team 7:00 & 8:00.

Very torn, would love the Leafs to steal the series, but only if Caps win. If rags win, I think the bruins would be tougher. 

Utter hogwash.

listen ive been following the Devils and a fan for over 20 years and they will always be my team no matter what, im not gonna jump on whoever's fun to watch bandwagon every years like some people. But i'm not gonna pretend and close my eyes on the fact that it was boring to watch in most part. I was literally calling plays before they'd happen cause they were so predictable and doing the same thing over and over again.

Hockey is a sport and an entertainment it's not a cult or a religion that people should get offended when something is said against it, cmon now.

You didn't enjoy a forechecking system that's still responsible defensively?  What would you rather have seen, the Rags/Caps six-goalie system that bores most people to death?  The Pens/Flyers pond hockey?  If anything the Devils played some of the most asthetically pleasing hockey of the playoffs last year.

i like to see creative plays. As simple as that. Not repetitive plays played on a loop and watching 6 guys grinding a puck in a corner for 75% of the game as a result of any breakouts. I like to see nice plays off the rush and the only time we'd see those are when we are shorthanded. Thats one thing i dont understand. Our guys are good creating chances off the rush, we proved it 2 years in a row leading the league in shorthanded goals. Yet 5 on 5 the guys will slow down the play while rushing up to get everyone in the zone to make a play.

i know that system is working well considering the players we have, just like the neutral zone trap was back then. Doesnt mean its necessarily breath taking to watch. 

Edited by SterioDesign

So how many people feel dirty wanting the Leafs to win?  :giggle:  Julien is such an a$$hole I can't like the Bruins.

Adam Oates will so be off my crush list if the Caps completely choke.  I can't even believe I think he's cute even... :argh:  but I do....giggle.gif  I don't want to boop the end of his nose, or bite his neck or anything like I do Stevens .. but he's so spiffy and tidy and stuff.

I think if it came down to it though I'd want the Sharks to win over the Caps.  I'd like my stupid little pet Gomez to - I don't know - get some sort of something. He and Larry could use the kind of breather a win would give them.  It would get Gomez back to square one in a  good place.

I hate the Penguins... they're so stupid and annoying and yuck!  :yucky:

I suppose I should be rooting for the Wangs... and I hate the Blackhawks - I think they're stupid too and LA I hate Quick now.  He's an assface. I dont want him to have a second chance with the Cup <_<

I kind of hate everyone though. :evil:  Everyone plays sh&#33;tty hockey and it's all very annoying and unsatisfying at the end of the day for me.  :evil:

lonely.gif

I do enjoy watching the Devils play hockey, but I wouldn't complain if they managed to get hold of 1 or 2 more world class offensive players. I sometimes get jealous of Tampa, Pitts and Philly when I see they win games with scores like 6-2. Thats like a couple of weeks worth of goals if your a Devs fan. :P  We should sell our soul to Columbus for one of their extra draft picks this year.