34 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

http://prohockeytalk...-of-his-tenure/

“I think the ’04-’05 season is still pretty fresh in everyone’s minds, and now we find ourselves in the same position,” Parise said after a workout in St. Louis Park on Tuesday, Aug. 26. “It’s not good for the game. It’s not good for anyone. We’re ready to play. We want to play. But (NHL commissioner) Gary (Bettman)’s pretty adamant about his third lockout of his tenure.”
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Go eat a dick, you're getting paid either way.

#3 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Take a pay cut then

#4 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Are any of the "up-front money guys" on the negotiating committee or player reps? That must be an uncomfortable situation. Grinders aren't getting paid a dime unless they can be two-wayed out to the minors, and you have a check cut for $10M payable regardless of what happens... and he gets paid on 7/1 of NEXT year even if there's no hockey.

And he doesn't see the irony, lol.

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,901 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Are any of the "up-front money guys" on the negotiating committee or player reps? That must be an uncomfortable situation. Grinders aren't getting paid a dime unless they can be two-wayed out to the minors, and you have a check cut for $10M payable regardless of what happens... and he gets paid on 7/1 of NEXT year even if there's no hockey.

And he doesn't see the irony, lol.

Athletes are pretty short on irony. I don't think the bonus money should be an issue - Parise earned that. I would think the fact his and contracts like his steal money out of everyone else's pocket, that should be upsetting. But I never hear a peep about that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Athletes are pretty short on irony. I don't think the bonus money should be an issue - Parise earned that. I would think the fact his and contracts like his steal money out of everyone else's pocket, that should be upsetting. But I never hear a peep about that.

As Milton Friedman said, it's always the other guy that's greedy.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#7 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

i went and got the most outrageous contract, not just for me but my childhood butbuddy and now i complain about how the owners are greedy and are ruining the league for players less fortunate. i get laughed at for my lack of off the ice integrity, but that's ok, i'm not a devil anymore, i don't need integrity.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#8 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Go f*ck yourself all the way to the bank you pansy sellout. Stop pretending you care about a lockout. You should hope for one so you dont see your Wild visit the Pru.

#9 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Lol at this man child.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#10 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Dammit! I had gotten everything out of my head having to do with Parise too
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#11 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

That we don't like Zach shouldn't make us value anything he says less. He wants to play -- he's probably wanted to play with his lover forever, so the lockout matters to him. I don't see him making sh!t up out of nowhere. Also, he has a point about Bettman.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#12 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

I don't know why it would matter to Pari$e. He got a huge signing bonus

#13 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

fvck you Zach.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#14 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Take a pay cut then

It ain't the players' fault. It's the same story...the owners can't control themselves, EVER. Parise's contract isn't the only absurd one out there.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#15 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

in defence to Zach and to the players, money is one thing but those guys really want to play im 100% sure of that...

but that been said... fvck you Zach cry me a fvcking river

www.SterioDesign.com

#16 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

As Milton Friedman said, it's always the other guy that's greedy.

And just like Milton Friedman, Parise is a douchenozzle.

#17 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

That we don't like Zach shouldn't make us value anything he says less. He wants to play -- he's probably wanted to play with his lover forever, so the lockout matters to him. I don't see him making sh!t up out of nowhere. Also, he has a point about Bettman.

Every deal that is constructed in a way that shorts the cap hit, in a given year, takes money out of other players' wallets when the owners overpay the linkage %.

#18 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Parise can go fvck himself... but the players shouldn't have to concede a dime this time. The league doesn't belong in some of these small markets and that's all there is to it. When my uncle can go to a Panthers game and buy a $10 ticket and sit in the best seats in the arena because no one goes the league doesn't belong there... Bettman is a fvcking scumbag. Case closed. If the owners don't like revenue sharing the way it is how about they all just buy equal shares into the NHL instead of owning individual teams? Then, they can all get an equal percentage of the profit.

#19 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

The butthurt is strong in this thread.

#20 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Take a pay cut then

He did already, for his boyfriend Suter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users