DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

It's pretty annoying that they ripped of the entire thing straight from the NJDSS. Oh well, when's the last time St. Louis was relevant :whistling:

And you think NJDSS was original either? When SH was planning this, he took a lot of it from videos from other professional sports teams. Who cares if other teams are doing this. This isn't about being original, different, or special. This is about improving the atmosphere at Devils' games.

You nailed it devilsrule33, I don't care what other teams do, anyway...

March 12th at 7pm vs NY Islanders and March 18th vs Washington are now officially our next 2 games. Tickets are on sale now.

DO NOT BUY TICKETS IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON PARTICIPATING IN WHAT WE ARE DOING. BE READY TO CHANT, STAND, BE LOUD AND WEAR RED!

http://devils.nhl.com/supporters

Use special offer code: devils

Edited by Satans Hockey

And you think NJDSS was original either? When SH was planning this, he took a lot of it from videos from other professional sports teams. Who cares if other teams are doing this. This isn't about being original, different, or special. This is about improving the atmosphere at Devils' games.

I agree. The only way I'll have a problem with this is if the Blues market this as if it's the first NHL Supporters Section of it's kind. I don't even know if NJDSS is the first ever attempt at this sort of thing in the NHL...but I do know and am proud of the fact that unlike the Blues version, this whole thing started organically with the fans at a time that the Devils were a depressing 9-19-2(their record before the first supporters game vs. Nashville).

I'm very well aware of this. But the fact that they are claiming to be the first group is pretty questionable, and since the Blues officially backed it before the Devils did, if their program is successful it will generate loads of free publicity for their organization. A shame the Devils didn't move fast enough I guess. At any rate, I'll be there the 12th and 18th.

I agree. The only way I'll have a problem with this is if the Blues market this as if it's the first NHL Supporters Section of it's kind. I don't even know if NJDSS is the first ever attempt at this sort of thing in the NHL...but I do know and am proud of the fact that unlike the Blues version, this whole thing started organically with the fans at a time that the Devils were a depressing 9-19-2(their record before the first supporters game vs. Nashville).

Don't the Isles have a 'Loudville' section? That's the only thing close to a supporters section I've heard of but I'm not an expert.

I'm really surprised they're offering up tickets to the Caps game, guess ticket sales aren't going well for the second 'retro' night :saddevil:

Don't the Isles have a 'Loudville' section? That's the only thing close to a supporters section I've heard of but I'm not an expert.

I'm really surprised they're offering up tickets to the Caps game, guess ticket sales aren't going well for the second 'retro' night :saddevil:

Yeah I went on November 27th of this season and they had their own supporters section.. Don't know what they were called, but they had a lot of good chants and even sang good song akin to what european soccer teams have

Check out what St. Louis is doing: http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2011/2/17/1998625/be-a-bluenatic-new-offer-from-the-blues

The only difference is, this looks like it's being started directly by the team.

I'm watching the Flyers game and they just showed on TV the Flyers new supporters section.. Group of fans standing up cheering in the back of a section at Wells Fargo Center

Edit: Apparently it was actually their MLS team's fan club (Sons of Ben) at the game, but it's still a standing supporters section and could catch on there

Edited by Colin226

I'm watching the Flyers game and they just showed on TV the Flyers new supporters section.. Group of fans standing up cheering in the back of a section at Wells Fargo Center

Edit: Apparently it was actually their MLS team's fan club (Sons of Ben) at the game, but it's still a standing supporters section and could catch on there

It will not catch on there. The sons of ben were around before the city even had an MLS team and have done this before. I talked to multiple people who went to the game and he said a lot of people did not like them and had some derogatory comments to make about the section and soccer in general. Philly isn't really into that from what I've seen (and I've seen a lot, I live 10 minutes from their sports complex), they aren't too vocal, just a$$holes that like throwing things and cursing people out. But at any rate, I'm not too concerned with what other teams do. I'm just hoping our movement continues to gain steam.

What rows did you guys get for your tickets? I did not purchase mine yet...last time it went from rows 8-14 so I'm wondering what it is doing this time around.

Yeah I went on November 27th of this season and they had their own supporters section.. Don't know what they were called, but they had a lot of good chants and even sang good song akin to what european soccer teams have

I just want to say... one of the ringleaders of section 329 on the Island is a long time friend of mine, and I can tell you those guys were around making noise long before the Isles threw Loudville into section 330. They have a little rivalry with each other.

OK, I got my tickets for both games. It does seem that I can't even access the group ticket sales page from Google Chrome, so IE was my only other choice. :/

Anyway, it does seem that there is also a third listing out there (check on the My Tickets page) for April 10th vs the Bruins, just not yet for sale. So if I'm correct, we have three upcoming games to be ready for.

Edited by DeevFactor

Hey everyone, I had a meeting with the Devils today about the supporters section. They like what we have done so far and there is going to be bigger news to follow. So please just keep following this thread and please lets have a great showing at the March 12th and 18th games to show the Devils that we can keep this thing going strong.