State of the Forums

DevilMinder

Welcome to what seems to be an annual state of the forum and donation request. The Kovalchuk saga ends (it is in Hall of fame) and we begin a new season with a new team philosophy and many new faces. Nine years and 900,000 posts, we probably have hit a million already if you count the old forums we have traveled over the years. NJDevs.com continues to gain popularity daily and in no small part to the efforts of everyone on these forums. As the web evolves and we filter onto twitter and facebook the community still reaches back to the forums to air their thoughts.

The membership here has always been active and I hope we continue that to the 10th anniversary next July. I am sure we will have some kind of special event to mark the occasion.

I would like to thank Matt who has been a tireless supporter and to this day still plugs NJDevs.com in all the active hockey formats he is involved in (radio, twitter). I am glad he is an able spokesperson because I do not interview well!

Rowdy as always supporting us with his tech support for when Matt and I have gone in over our heads. Pseudo moderating when Matt and I have long gone to sleep!

Of course there is the membership driven events that make this place hum. RSC and TheLastone alive for running the member awards. Sarge18, El Diablo for their continued vigilance in the chat room on game nights. Hasan and Aylbert for running the popular fantasy leagues.

The funds for the website have run out and I had to pick up the tab for the last two months. The website runs about 95$ a month to run with the hosting and software. I hope we can get some donations to cover the cost again. Any amount is appreciated if you enjoy (or hate) posting here. The donations have covered the year. NICE

Once some funds come in I will begin the process of updating the software and tidy up the site in anticipation of the new season. If you have any comments and suggestions they will be looked into!

The first pre-season game is two weeks away, so rest and get ready to cheer on a the new Devils!

Thanks again everyone,

Brad “DevilMinder” Smith

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DM -- I know you are probably Anti Ad, but have you ever thought about a small banner ad or two at the top of the main page? Sure that could bring in some $$, maybe enough to pay for the site.

Anyway, Thanks for everything, I have been with you guys since '02.

EDIT -- just sent something small your way!

Edited by CMONJohnnyMac

Thanks for keeping this place running, DM. I remember joining the board way back in 2001 when it was at the old address and Mogilny was our scoring champ. Let's hope this season is something special to help mark the 10th anniversary.

DM - it's always nice to know when we reach certain milestones for donating - not that I'd want people to stop giving once you've reach a certain goal, but i'd like to know when we've got the next 12 months paid off. if we're hurting after a couple days of this being pinned to the top of the board, we could perhaps "get the word out" a bit better.

DM - it's always nice to know when we reach certain milestones for donating - not that I'd want people to stop giving once you've reach a certain goal, but i'd like to know when we've got the next 12 months paid off. if we're hurting after a couple days of this being pinned to the top of the board, we could perhaps "get the word out" a bit better.

Like this?

http://www.devfuse.com/products/53-donation-tracker/

Edited by mrthemike

The current donation drive just hit $600. We are now in the black for the next six months! Thanks to all who have donated already. I appreciate all the donations from the $1 one to multi hundred dollar ones (Two guys!).

Most people have requested anon status so I won't post who has donated. If you want to be known just say what you donated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.