State of the Forums

DevilMinder

My history as devils fan is directly linked with njdevs from the very start, after i watched my first devils game on tv and rifth after it went on the internet and found njdevs. Here kind of second home for me.

Going to donate as soon as i got home

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll send you some $$$s tomorrow DM. Maybe I should start using that "latest posts" feature I donated for last year. Hmmmm.

Anyways, you do a bang up job here DM and all the other folks who help out, thank you for giving your time.

(And I think the donation tracker to reach funds to pay for the forums every year is a good idea......and a good idea to have it at the start of the season!)

DM, do you get unsolicited donations throughout the year?

The Isles board I frequent used to keep a thread for donations which would be updated everytime there was a donation (no names, just amount) and would also show the current balance of board funds. It would also show what was spent, whether that was for monthly expenses or to upgrade the software.

Just an idea.

We do get donations that trickle in throughout the year. The last donation before I requested some this week was from the beginning of May from CADevilsfan.

I will get a donation tracker installed, there are several available but I will try and find one that allows anon donations.

We are now up to $895 for this donation drive! That should get us about 10 months. Very cool.

We do get donations that trickle in throughout the year. The last donation before I requested some this week was from the beginning of May from CADevilsfan.

I will get a donation tracker installed, there are several available but I will try and find one that allows anon donations.

We are now up to $895 for this donation drive! That should get us about 10 months. Very cool.

You should get yourself a Kovy jersey and call it 8 months. smilydev.gif

Not one of my finer moments, but it was long over due

I am for tracking but not with names even if the person says it is okay. Anon seems like a balancing move however it can create extra problems. I have seen publishing names have a very negative effect on other forums. Also, there are some folks who really cannot afford to spare any cash. They do other things for the forum. Just my $.02 :)

I distinctly recall that donation, I believe. Have I gotten better, at least?

Yeah, definitely. Well, at least I think so.

Edit: To clarify, I wasn't referring to what lead up to the donation just that it was long overdue I actually donated to DM.

Edited by CADevilsFan

#1) I think this discussion should be split off. We're getting off topic. If we want njdevs to continue, we need to support it with a few $$$. How close are we to goal?

#2) I think the discussion is interesting which is why I suggested splitting it off rather than removing the posts. DM owns the site. He makes the rules. But the membership is being asked to pay for it. I understand the work that he pours into it, along with msweet and Rowdy. Maybe we are paying for a service that they provide and I should view it that way rather than seeing this as a community?

Holy Crap.... I haven't changed my avatar since the Olympics. I just noticed that.... I'll fix that tonight.

Edited by Don

OK -- so that's inclusive all upgrade costs? I haven't even gotten around to donating so you can't let us off that easy. But thanks for the report all the same! I'm just saying a little additional whining woudl be good. Have the Devils ever donated anonymously? I think it would be cool if Vanderbeek slipped you a Portrait of Madison :uni:

5000front.gif

(If I won the Mega Millions that would be in my coin collection!)

Edited by Pepperkorn

It's an ongoing effort to keep this valuable site going. Don't quit a fund raiser because we hit the year max. Keep donating even a dollar to keep this site going forever. Thanks DM

I just donated and I am going to donate again for next year.

Marty will still be around?

Edited by LucifersDog

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.