Devils 2009 Holiday STH Gift

Microwavepizza

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read all three pages but did anyone point out that the piece of net isn't really the real 552 net?

Yeah, what makes you believe it isn't an actual part of the net.. It's like 3/4 of an inch long so I know there was enough to go around to every season ticket holder plus leave some for Marty, the HHOF, Lou, JVB, etc.. After all, the net belonged to the Devils lol

Well someone over on HF speculated it may actually be a piece of the other net (the one on the other end of the ice from where Marty cut out the net), which would still be legit to me - I mean he used both. I don't think the Devils would be totally fradulent, although it's pretty hard to check unless someone that works for the team knows for sure.

Well someone over on HF speculated it may actually be a piece of the other net (the one on the other end of the ice from where Marty cut out the net), which would still be legit to me - I mean he used both. I don't think the Devils would be totally fradulent, although it's pretty hard to check unless someone that works for the team knows for sure.

I will email my buddy who works for the team

That was my original guess. Even if from the net he guarded in the 2nd period, it is still from the 552 game, and still awesome....it could be from the same net Marty cut though, because he did not get the entire net. There were still little fragments of it attached to the goal. The pieces are so small that it would be very difficult to make the frames from that either....

Maybe I'm wrong...but again this was a HUGE record. In the end I would think Marty would want it and not cut up. Again I could be wrong but its my opinion.

I've collecting hockey cards for a couple of years now and I've gotten signatures and it says it is like 55 of 999. Now I doubt that player signs a card 999 times and that being just one card.

Maybe I'm wrong...but again this was a HUGE record. In the end I would think Marty would want it and not cut up. Again I could be wrong but its my opinion.

I've collecting hockey cards for a couple of years now and I've gotten signatures and it says it is like 55 of 999. Now I doubt that player signs a card 999 times and that being just one card.

It's from the net that the Devils attack twice. I remember someone (TG?) in the media mentioned in the days after the 552 game that the Devils removed the twine from the second goal and kept it for themselves.

I will email my buddy who works for the team

He will tell you just like a buddy of mine that works for the Devils said that it was the net used in the #552 game. Both nets were saved from that game and were used in making these Christmas gifts for the STH. So yes it is the net from the #552 game.

It's from the net that the Devils attack twice. I remember someone (TG?) in the media mentioned in the days after the 552 game that the Devils removed the twine from the second goal and kept it for themselves.

Yes BC this is true and correct. One net went to Brodeur-the one he cut himself and the other net was used for this special gift for the STH.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this deserves its own thread and I don't know if some one already talked about it so ill post here. Speaking of gifts I got a Devils calendar for Xmas. Am I the only one who doesn't like some of the pictures in it? It's almost like they try to get the players when their faces are all weird.

He will tell you just like a buddy of mine that works for the Devils said that it was the net used in the #552 game. Both nets were saved from that game and were used in making these Christmas gifts for the STH. So yes it is the net from the #552 game.

Yes BC this is true and correct. One net went to Brodeur-the one he cut himself and the other net was used for this special gift for the STH.

What? You said in the same post that both nets were used and that only one net was used. Also I want to find something that is true but not correct. :lol:

I don't think this deserves its own thread and I don't know if some one already talked about it so ill post here. Speaking of gifts I got a Devils calendar for Xmas. Am I the only one who doesn't like some of the pictures in it? It's almost like they try to get the players when their faces are all weird.

I got a Devils calendar too (probably the same one) and the pictures looked weird to me also. I eventually realized it's because they photo shopped all of the board advertisements off and they blurred the crowd out, so it just makes the whole photo look really off.

lol. you're an idiot. although you seemed to have learned from your mistake of claiming that the 552 net wasn't actually the net from the game so you didn't state this latest opinion of yours as fact.