‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

See, I get the emotion, but posts like this are why I have counter arguments or maybe should take a break from the thread or the boards for a bit. MadDog2020, you know Zach's #1 priority in this was to go home to Minny. This was quite clear. It was going home or back to NJ. That's why he said no to Pittsburgh, Philly and Detroit. And you'd be 500x more angry if he went to any of those three teams.

We don't know about Detroit though. Reports were that Sutter wanted to go to Detroit but they didn't want to overpay Parise. Minnesota said come here guys and we'll be cute and give you guys the same exact contract. Sounds like it was all about the $$$ there, it just happened to be that his home town wanted to spend the most $$$.

Edited by Satans Hockey

because from what's being said out there, Suter never wanted to come to the east. Suter wanted to go to Detroit but they didn't want to pay Parise as much so then Parise talked Minnesota into getting Suter too. Pleaseeee can we have the same contracts? I think Parise bullsh!ted us all year long and its way more obvious now.

The more thats coming out the more Im convinced its the NHL version of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in a circle jerk leading up to today.

I'm not in on the hating Zach parade (though I understand the need to vent), but I absolutely love the Photoshop possibilities with Zach and Suter. The Wham! album was a great start.

To the more PS-gifted posters of NJDevs, get to it! Please :cheers:

We don't know about Detroit though. Reports were that Sutter wanted to go to Detroit but they didn't want to overpay Parise. Minnesota said come here guys and we'll be cute and give you guys the same exact contract. Sounds like it was all about the $$$ there, it just happened to be that his home town wanted to spend the most $$$.

Parise said he was going to Minnesota or staying in New Jersey, and that's pretty much what Lou said as well. Could money have been the factor? Sure, but I doubt it.

MD2020: I understand the emotion too, it's a sh!tty day, but I don't understand being upset at Parise or calling him all kinds of names, or most hilariously, being upset that he went to Minnesota and not, say, the Rangers?

And that's what I was getting at with that question. You wanna win and play with your freind? Take less money and go to Detroit and stop telling everyone that money doesn't matter.

I think this is a great day for the Devils simply because it forces them to move on in an appropriate direction, spending that kind of money and length for Parise would not be smart.

As great as Parise is, I don't think the deal makes the Wild contenders, also with all the nonsense of wanting to play with Suter and planning out this endeavor makes me question his maturity.

Parise said he was going to Minnesota or staying in New Jersey, and that's pretty much what Lou said as well. Could money have been the factor? Sure, but I doubt it.

MD2020: I understand the emotion too, it's a sh!tty day, but I don't understand being upset at Parise or calling him all kinds of names, or most hilariously, being upset that he went to Minnesota and not, say, the Rangers?

The reason why I'm upset as I am is because of the WAY this went down Tri. That's why. As I've said- if you didn't want to stay, don't give us all a "we", "us", "don't worry" dog and pony show, and just do what Gomez did and speak in vague tones. It seemed to me this was pre-meditated by Zach's comments. So I'm upset because of that- not neccassarily because he left in the first place (and believe me, I realize it could be worse and they both could've gone to Philly or Pittsburgh). I wanted to believe Zach actually cared about this franchise. I was wrong. I guess that's on me, but I'm not alone in thinking that. So I feel like we were all taken for a ride. And that's what bothers me most about the way he handled this. It wasn't at all sincere, as much as he wants us to think it was.

Edited by MadDog2020

The reason why I'm upset as I am is because of the WAY this went down Tri. That's why. As I've said- if you didn't want to stay, don't give us all a "we", "us", "don't worry" dog and pony show, and just do what Gomez did and speak in vague tones. It seemed to me this was pre-meditated by Zach's comments. So I'm upset because of that- not neccassarily because he left in the first place (and believe me, I realize it could be worse and they both could've gone to Philly or Pittsburgh). I wanted to believe Zach actually cared about this franchise. I was wrong. I guess that's on me, but I'm not alone in thinking that. So I feel like we were all taken for a ride. And that's what bothers me most about the way he handled this. It wasn't at all sincere, as much as he wants us to think it was.

But you assume that because he left, he didn't want to stay. What if Zach both wanted to stay, and wanted to pursue this new opportunity? I don't know why leaving via FA always has to be a middle finger. People like Gomez and Holik wanted out. I don't think Paul Martin had much interest in staying. I mean, if you believe Lou, it was down to the Devils and Minnesota, and he picked home. Maybe he's not to be believed in this case, but I don't think leaving was particularly easy for Zach, and I'm not sure he knew he was going to do it until he did.

Yeah even Gomez as much of a c*ckbag as he was, wasn't phony about being a merc. Fact is he would have been irrelevant the minute he walked out the door if he went to LA, it's mainly cause he went to the Rangers (and wasn't popular to begin with) that he got all the crap he did. Zach deserves every bit as much crap as Gomez did, while he didn't go to the Rangers he was so disingenuous to everyone including his own teammates and GM that it's mind-boggling.

Hows this for a gem from the past...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/03/booing_of_devils_power_play_an.html

Fixed it for ya SH:

"I got booed every time I touched the puck. I think it’s very unreasonable. It's not like I left for the Rangers or Philly. I know I lied to everyone for a whole year and conspired with Ryan to leave, but I wanted to go home and play with my friend and be near my overbearing father, and I took more money to do so. I don't know why they hate me so much".

-Zach Parise, November 11, 2012

Edited by MadDog2020

this

completely agree. i also have a lot of respect for Lou and don't like to see him played.

Bottom line is Parise did NOT want to play or live in New Jersey.

NOT the person you want as Captain and leader of the Devils.

But you assume that because he left, he didn't want to stay. What if Zach both wanted to stay, and wanted to pursue this new opportunity? I don't know why leaving via FA always has to be a middle finger. People like Gomez and Holik wanted out. I don't think Paul Martin had much interest in staying. I mean, if you believe Lou, it was down to the Devils and Minnesota, and he picked home. Maybe he's not to be believed in this case, but I don't think leaving was particularly easy for Zach, and I'm not sure he knew he was going to do it until he did.

His comments today tell me otherwise. They tell me he wanted to play somewhere with Ryan Suter, and they were discussing it on and off for the last 12 months. Now, being as close with Suter as he is, I'm sure Zach knew Suter had no interest in coming to the Eastern Conference. So that tells me Zach really didn't intend to stay, even if he claims we were in it to the very end. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Lou's only repeating what Zach told him. How do we even know he was telling the truth to Lou, since he was fibbing about almost everything else for a year or more? For all we know, we were no choice on his radar but even if we were #2 who gives a ****? The fact he wanted to play with one guy over a team he went through 110 games worth of blood, sweat and tears together is mindboggling, and by his own admission was talking about it during the season.

His comments today tell me otherwise. They tell me he wanted to play somewhere with Ryan Suter, and they were discussing it on and off for the last 12 months. Now, being as close with Suter as he is, I'm sure Zach knew Suter had no interest in coming to the Eastern Conference. So that tells me Zach really didn't intend to stay, even if he claims we were in it to the very end. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Last 12 months? I bet they were talking about it during Draft Day, 2003. 'Hey, when we become NHL stars, let's play on the same team, okay?'.

I bet Zidlicky was talking about coming to New Jersey with Elias, Zubrus, and Sykora when he went on vacation with them as a member of the Wild. Guess Zidlicky was probably having wild group sex with them, also. What a snake in the grass.

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 1

Last 12 months? I bet they were talking about it during Draft Day, 2003. 'Hey, when we become NHL stars, let's play on the same team, okay?'.

I bet Zidlicky was talking about coming to New Jersey with Elias, Zubrus, and Sykora when he went on vacation with them as a member of the Wild. Guess Zidlicky was probably having wild group sex with them, also. What a snake in the grass.

Again, why do you care about what people say about a guy who's no longer a Devil seven hours after he leaves us? It's basically troll behavior to be snarky with emotions running high.

I mean really if you guys don't like anti-Zach comments then it's best you not be around here for a couple days. People are going to vent. These kind of posts only make it worse.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I've agreed with a lot of things that you've said lately. However, this is a douchebag post.

• Like 1

If Zach had this planned all along I'm sure they both would have signed in min day one. My gut says he wanted minny but only if he thought they would be a good team and zach felt suter makes them a good team(along with the butt buddy speculation cause this wouldn't be njdevs.com if there wasn't total over-reaction, non-stop negativity and idiotic(although admittedly funny at times) memes that take a life of their own). I'm sure it was more Zach convincing the wild to sign suter then having to convince suter to sign with the wild. The first time Zach misses the playoffs as the face of the franchise(2 years ago doesn't count because of the wonky knee) he will regret it. When he's divorced and owes 500k in alimony until 2040 he will regret it. My guess is that he signs back here instead of signing with suter for less in detroit.

The only thing that puts a doubt in my mind about what I just said is tg's speculation. I have thought tg has more insider info with zach then he reports. The tweet today about signing zach instead of making Kovy a priority 2 years ago leaves a bad taste in my mouth(like zach will leave in suter's mouth over the next 13 years). 2 years ago Kovy should have been the priority, cause that's how the contract years played out. If he was upset at Lou trying to get an top free agent or that he was no longer 'the man' on the team something is wrong. Someone looses a little face in my book casue either TG is trolling or zach misses the big picture.

here's tg's tweet

Devils made Kovalchuk their priority 2 summers ago when they should have taken care of Parise. Now, it's clearly Kovalchuk's team.

again, not happy, but not hope he blows out a knee, falls off a cliff and gets traded to the Siberian Sasquatch upset. I think he made a bad choice although his kids and their kids are set for life if he doesn't go all mc hammer.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.