‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

any truth to this?

Rumor: Lou and the New Jersey Devils will file a tampering suit against Minnesota and their GM for leaking contract details of UFA Zach Parise prior to July 1

sigh. cite a source or don't bother posting it.

It's true Lou did this the wrong way - he was naive thinking Zach was a loyal player. The game isn't what it used to be. The last of the old, principled guard of players is gone. He should have tried to sign Zach earlier if he wanted to keep him. Hell, maybe he was waiting to see if he'd have the money. But this is probably a good thing - we now have money to spend elsewhere. 13/98 for Zach is ridiculous. He's worth 10/65.

Again, Lou got Zach to the table earlier this season. Zach was advised by other interested parties not to do anything until July 1st.

Minnesota was the best team in hockey after getting off to a 20-7-3 start last year.

Im aware of this. I remember being surprised by it.

The thing is, you're also correct, theres parity. The other teams in that division got better as well. Colorado will be improved. Calgary, despite how weird they are with their stupid moves still have talented players. Edmonton may finally break out with all of their young studs and theres no reason to think Vancouver will take a significant step back. That is not an easy division by any stretch. The Wild definitely got better, but 1 injury to this Wild team as it stands today, could set them back and keep them out of the playoffs.

any truth to this?

Rumor: Lou and the New Jersey Devils will file a tampering suit against Minnesota and their GM for leaking contract details of UFA Zach Parise prior to July 1

While I, despite my initial enthusiasm, am skeptical, it would be friggin awesome if Minnesota had to forfeit a first rounder that turned into McKinnin or Jones.

Never gonna happen of course.

Im aware of this. I remember being surprised by it.

The thing is, you're also correct, theres parity. The other teams in that division got better as well. Colorado will be improved. Calgary, despite how weird they are with their stupid moves still have talented players. Edmonton may finally break out with all of their young studs and theres no reason to think Vancouver will take a significant step back. That is not an easy division by any stretch. The Wild definitely got better, but 1 injury to this Wild team as it stands today, could set them back and keep them out of the playoffs.

Agreed. The Wild will have definitely improved, but I don't see them being vastly improved. They're a bubble playoff team now.

haha i am not saying its credible, i am just wondering what it means, if it has been mentioned anywhere and if its valid?

I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I'm surprised no one asked Lou at his presser, not like he'd say anyway. But I certainly hope it happens. As for what it means, or what would come out of it? Who knows. I'm sure nothing substantial, like a 1st or a roster player or anything.

I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I'm surprised no one asked Lou at his presser, not like he'd say anyway. But I certainly hope it happens. As for what it means, or what would come out of it? Who knows. I'm sure nothing substantial, like a 1st or a roster player or anything.

Hows this for a dream scenario...

We are awarded their first round pick next year. They finish 30th, we win the cup. We get the 1st overall pick and give up the 30th overall from the Kovy deal! hahaha

and please don't respond to this in a serious manner. I did say dream scenario lol

Hows this for a dream scenario...

We are awarded their first round pick next year. They finish 30th, we win the cup. We get the 1st overall pick and give up the 30th overall from the Kovy deal! hahaha

and please don't respond to this in a serious manner. I did say dream scenario lol

Haha, that would be quite the dream scenario. :lol: It would be cool if we got their 1st though. Just more reason to hope they lose as much as possible.

Worst case scenario would have been Zach TAKING a deal from us like the one the Wild offered. Somewhere on the board (I'm too lazy to look) it was reported that Lou offered 7 years, 49 mil midseason, and Zach turned him down. This was smart of both parties. Lou should not have gone much more than that, and neither should anyone else, and Zach got a better deal. We don't have to like it, and the superbestfriend thing is annoying, but in the end, the biggest victims are the Wild, who now have a terrible contract on their hands. Zach earned the right to make this decision, and Lou was smart enough not to offer him more than he was worth, especially after the injury. I don't see the Wild winning a cup -- not with that albatross and the mediocrity on the rest of the roster.

And a queer. :lol:

Many queers are more loyal than Zach.

They were texting like BFF's"throughout the year" planning this...

Zach is just a little whipped dog to his pops and girl friend.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/161345055.html

“Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ " Parise said.

"Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you.”

Said Suter: “We were in contact, texting back and forth, asking about different places and differenct situations where we both could work. Probably last night and this morning it became realistic

“Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ " Parise said.

"Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you.”

Said Suter: “We were in contact, texting back and forth, asking about different places and differenct situations where we both could work. Probably last night and this morning it became realistic

Lmao. Jabronis.

From the same article: "The thing they're most excited about though is the opportunity to shower with each other after every game now."

I've never read ANYONE on here say anything negative when Rafalski left, other than sadness that we couldnt keep him. We knew why Brian left. He was not going to get the deal he got from the Wings here that year.

sh!t, I think Gomez actually is easier to swallow after this thing with Zach. Gomez ran the moment he could and made no mistake about why he did it. He wanted the paycheck and the chance to play on Broadway and did so quickly. Everyone knew he was going to leave. He got what he wanted and played, badly. Niedermayer at least took a lesser offer to go play with his sister + we won cups with Gomez, Holik, and Niedermayer.

What did we win with Zach? An Eastern Conference Championship and 1 G in the Final from our captain.

I respect his game and the fact he hustled and never took a shift off. No one is taking anything away from Zach's talent, but all that talk about playing for a contender and such was hogwash. He's going to need all the luck he can to succeed on a Minnesota team with 0 depth and a terrible coach.

This whole all season love affair with suter makes it worse IMO

We will never know the true story and if we hear the Devils offered close to the same $$ I am sure the terms were different. Remember Holik Rangers vs Devils. Devils said they offered the same $$ but in reality they did but they back-end the money instead of up front as Rangers did. The Devils will leak stories for damage control.

Just wish the players well when they leave and move on. Remember what they did for us while they were here.

Makes no sense. He plays for another team in the league, why do you want them to do well?

:puke:

Can't wait to see the Wild sign Langenbrunner next.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.