Is it panic time?

Daniel

I think this team will bounce right back when Marty gets back. He is instrumental for our system, he is the third defenseman collecting most of the dump ins. It really really helps out the team. I feel like the only optimist right now :) but I truly feel this team will get back on a strong note really soon. Hopefully the Devils can have a nice stretch until Zubs comes back which is hopefully in 3 weeks. Call me crazy I guess. :whistling:

Hedberg is no Scott Clemmenson. I don't see him being able to hold it down while Marty recovers.

jeez wait until Marty gets back at least. How many games are you gonna win with Moose giving up at least 3 goals in every game save Winnipeg (2nd)? And no Zubrus, Clarkson gone ice cold and Kovy/Zajac in a slump. It'll go towards the mean again once Marty comes back and we get a little more puck luck. 

And is it really teh worst thing in the world if they miss the playoffs? I wouldn't trade Merrill or Gelinas or Boucher for quick fix rental offensive help unless it was someone good under contract beyond this year, and you'd probably have to give up at least 2/3 of them to get that. (No, JJ/Tallinder isn't getting you a top 6 or 9 forward unless it's someone the caliber of jason wiemer) 

As proven last year all you need is to just make the playoffs. Seeding is meaningless in this league and the parity that we've witnessed the past couple of years backs that. So we might not get the 1st or even 2nd seed? As long as this team sneaks in we will be golden. Mark my words.

I do believe a trade needs to be made though but I think that's just a no-brainer right now.

i really want Lou to get picks somehow so i want trades to happen, 2003 was a big year and if you look around the league... almost each teams top players were from that year its unreal, even 2nd and 3rd rounds did well... i think this year could be another year like that so i'd really like to get as much prospects as we can, our prospect pool is really thin on offence 

The people on here saying this team lacks talent and are thinking about the draft now are a joke. So by this reasoning losing Parise made us go from a team 2 wins from a championship to a bottom feeder team? Give me a break. If that was the case Minnesota wouldn't be fighting to get in the playoffs. Yeah losing Zach hurt, but come on! We have kovy, Elias, Zajac, henrique, and Brodeur on our roster. Yeah some aren't playing their best right now but they will pick it up. Am I happy with the way they are playing? No. But do I think we suck? Not at all. This team will be in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.

And if u do want to think about the draft, yes we do have a first round pick.

Edited by njd3b1ink

We're getting bad bounces, and Moose is playing like crap. We get Marty back, Clarkson starts playing decently (not as crazy good as the first couple weeks, but at least starts burying deflections again), Zajac gets off the schneid, and they get Zubs back or make a trade so they can make CBGB the 4th line again, they're a legit playoff team. Probably not anywhere near Boston or Pittsburgh, but a solid playoff team.

i really want Lou to get picks somehow so i want trades to happen, 2003 was a big year and if you look around the league... almost each teams top players were from that year its unreal, even 2nd and 3rd rounds did well... i think this year could be another year like that so i'd really like to get as much prospects as we can, our prospect pool is really thin on offence 

there's probably a 1% chance that this draft's as good as that one. It's kinda the greatest draft of all time and all

Edited by DH26

We're getting bad bounces, and Moose is playing like crap. We get Marty back, Clarkson starts playing decently (not as crazy good as the first couple weeks, but at least starts burying deflections again), Zajac gets off the schneid, and they get Zubs back or make a trade so they can make CBGB the 4th line again, they're a legit playoff team. Probably not anywhere near Boston or Pittsburgh, but a solid playoff team.

Totally agree.. We're at one of those low points where it's just going to suck until we get out, but we're close.. Not worried at all, just hope they give good home performances the next 2 weeks

The people on here saying this team lacks talent and are thinking about the draft now are a joke. So by this reasoning losing Parise made us go from a team 2 wins from a championship to a bottom feeder team? Give me a break. If that was the case Minnesota wouldn't be fighting to get in the playoffs. Yeah losing Zach hurt, but come on! We have kovy, Elias, Zajac, henrique, and Brodeur on our roster. Yeah some aren't playing their best right now but they will pick it up. Am I happy with the way they are playing? No. But do I think we suck? Not at all. This team will be in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.

And if u do want to think about the draft, yes we do have a first round pick.

If you refer to me i didnt meant to tank and go for a top pick, i said Lou should try to get like 2nd or 3rd round picks by trading away expandable parts Edited by SterioDesign

Almost all the cutoff teams are playing .500 hockey which is a point a game average. If you round that up to a full season the Devils need 50 points, 52 for safety which is two games over .500.

27 games left, means they can lose only 13 more games for the rest of the season.

The cutoff point always seems to rise in the second half of the season too, as some teams surge and make deadline acquisitions while others fall out of it.  Maybe this season will be different with only conference play and a shortened season but I think the cutoff line will wind up being several points ahead of .500.

The cutoff point always seems to rise in the second half of the season too, as some teams surge and make deadline acquisitions while others fall out of it.  Maybe this season will be different with only conference play and a shortened season but I think the cutoff line will wind up being several points ahead of .500.

My guess is the cutoff will be just about 54-55 points. 58 at the most.

The east is pretty bad though.

I went back a couple of years and the highest cutoff seems to be about 1.15 points per game. So worst case is Devils need 55 points.

So...they can only lose 12 more games or any point combo thereof for 30 points.  15-12-0....seems doable.

We can give up this year OR next years pick.

You sure? I could have sworn last year was the final real decision on this. We were all surprised Lou kept it since it was such a late pick. Don't the Devs lose the next one?

I went back a couple of years and the highest cutoff seems to be about 1.15 points per game. So worst case is Devils need 55 points.

So...they can only lose 12 more games or any point combo thereof for 30 points.  15-12-0....seems doable.

Well then we'd better get our shiite together.

You sure? I could have sworn last year was the final real decision on this. We were all surprised Lou kept it since it was such a late pick. Don't the Devs lose the next one?

We acquired Kovy in 09-10, we signed him in August of 2010, after the 2010 draft, so there's been the 2011 and 2012 drafts since then. As the penalty was a 1st round pick in one of the next 4 drafts, this leaves us with the 2013 or 2014 in which to give up a 1st rd pick. One can only assume it will be next year as this draft sounds deep and you have to take a good bet now than the chance of a better one next year.

Edited by ATLL765