Is it panic time?

Daniel

I always panic, but I[m more frustrated, we are creating a ton fo chances and not sscoring right now, Kovy & Zajak need to get it together.

and I[m sorry but Zid sucks, I cannot take him anymore, I'd rather see him benched then anyone else.  his is weak defensively and has been horrible on the PP.  if he cannot make the PP tick then what is his purpose here??

he scored 2 goals today at least something zajac,clarkson, kovi or elias have not done

like i said somewhere, on the offence its not a personal problem we have a very similar roster than last year.

It's also a personnel problem in that we have guys playing too high up on the lines. Losing Zach and now being without Zubrus = many guys playing on higher lines and getting a lot more minutes than they should. Just losing one top 6/top 3 guy affects your entire lineup (usually), nevermind losing TWO. The fourth line is the third line, the unproven prospect is the #1 LW (at least on paper to start the game) etc etc. 

hate to beat a dead horse here but I still cant believe we went from cup contention to a fringe playoff team. fvcking Zach parise

to this point we may have lost more than we think, Zach and Sykora's production. Zach defensive play and forecheck, Robinson (i think him leaving is underated, the players gave LOTS of credits to the coaching staff last year) Oates? (who knows?)

and now Zubs who also brings a lot to our system

BUT good news is.. 2 years ago we went from the worst team in the league to the best team in the league in like 2 weeks (ran out of time and gas but we we're still the best team in the league, so it's possible, the guys have it in them to play good, they just don't lately plus the goaltending is killing them, we won a LOT of one goal games and shootouts last season, we don't win those anymore and its a bunch of points going away

Edited by SterioDesign

Shaw has the worst power play system in the league. If it's not his fault then it's the players, who obviously have either not taken to his shoot first mentality or he's abandoned it.

Either way, he should be relieved of his special teams responsibilities because there has been no adjustments made.

Our current PP has reverted back to Oates' style then decided to take 12 steps back from that.

This hold the puck until pressured, then force a horrible panic pass allows clear after clear.

Edited by jagknife

hate to beat a dead horse here but I still cant believe we went from cup contention to a fringe playoff team. fvcking Zach parise

They were a fringe playoff team last year for much of the season.  And not only no Parise, but no Zubrus and Marty.

But let's keep hoarding the defensemen when we have zero depth up front and are doing goon fourth lines again!

Edited by NJDevs4978

I believe the issue with this team right now is their confidence. They are lacking confidence and sag their heads when they go down 1 or 2 goals.

To break that chain, they need to have someone step up and have a phenomenal performance of sorts.

Heddy is playing like he is on the verge of receiving AARP benefits and that doesn't help either.

Hi... I have complete faith in this team, coaching staff & Lou.

Things are bad now... But we will rise just as we always do.

So nop... No panic here !

I had faith too until Deboer says our goal scoring is the problem and THEN dress up Janssen and Barch in the same game, sitting a kid who can actually produce