Nazem Kadri

Jas0nMacIsaac

I think this would be a terrific acquisition at a low point in his value. Wilson has said Kadri is too small and weak to play in the NHL. Kadri then works with Roberts trying to bulk up, Eakins then says he is out of shape. I think this is the end of Kadri in their organization. I would suggest a Merrill Kadri type deal.

Any thoughts?

i wouldnt take that chance, if Merril can live up to his potential and pan out the devils blueline should be really solid for a long time, good dmen are harder to find then small centers too.

Kadri is still young and has really good hands but he couldnt even crack a sh!tty toronto lineup while bunch of guys from his draft class are steady NHLers or really close... of course some guys are developing slower and it doesnt really mean anything... yeah i actually typed all this for nothing pretty much but wtv lol i still wouldnt take a chance trading Merril for Kadri...

I think this would be a terrific acquisition at a low point in his value. Wilson has said Kadri is too small and weak to play in the NHL. Kadri then works with Roberts trying to bulk up, Eakins then says he is out of shape. I think this is the end of Kadri in their organization. I would suggest a Merrill Kadri type deal.

Any thoughts?

Definitely intriguing seeing how we have very few offensively gifted prospects. However, Toronto has put a lot of time and effort developing Kadri and I doubt they give up on him yet. Plus, the potential Larsson-Merrill pair isn't something I wanna mess with

I like Merrill and everything I hear, with exception to some poor choices off the ice, is positive. The kid has game and he is going to be another great D man with Larsson in the future. I wouldn't trade something that looks promising for something from Toronto that is a gamble. Maybe they are being to hard on him because it is such a big hockey market there but why take a chance? NJ also has Tedenby, who has a lot of talent, but seems like his size/strength issues are holding him back. I think the team was getting pushed around a bit too much too. John Merrill is 6-3 while Kadri is 6-0. If Lamorello was going to make a trade he should have done it during the draft. A number of highly rated prospects dropped to a place where Lou could have traded up and grabbed one.

Edited by NJDevils1214

It's so hard to piece together what rosters will be - I don't see this being a full season lockout, but even so, the Leafs have 13 other forwards signed to one-way deals. They might be interested in moving him.

I can't see the Leafs taking Merrill unless the college 'loophole' is closed - plus his suspensions, etc.. I'm not sure the Devils have what the Leafs would need for Kadri, but we'll see when the league opens back up.

It's so hard to piece together what rosters will be - I don't see this being a full season lockout, but even so, the Leafs have 13 other forwards signed to one-way deals. They might be interested in moving him.

I can't see the Leafs taking Merrill unless the college 'loophole' is closed - plus his suspensions, etc.. I'm not sure the Devils have what the Leafs would need for Kadri, but we'll see when the league opens back up.

Plus the Leafs have a billion d prospects

Grabovski Kulemin JVR Kessel Lupul Bozak...I can't see him fitting in the top 6, even Connolly could be ahead of him on the depth chart. I see a trade being a real possibility.

Merrill is american with WJC pedigree. I think that alone would tempt Burke to pull the trigger on a trade like that. I feel as though the leafs are also deep on defensmen so that may slow this down. Kadri is someone I would target though. Lou seems to be finding these potential 2nd line tweeners who have battled injuries with Butler and Parse. Kadri would just add the the depth.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

No no no NO.

Having two rocks on the blueline is similar to have a great 1-2 punch in the starting rotation. It's no guarantee that you'll win the WS, but it's pretty much a guarantee that you're going to be good every year. Look at us with Stevens-Nieds, look at the Rags winning their lone Cup with Zubov-Leetch, St Louis was very competitive with MacInnis-Pronger. The Avs won a cup with Blake-Bourque

Not saying Merrill and Larsson will be like any of those players...but we can't give either away and have to take the chance of both of them developing here. Because if both reach FULL potential, it's gonna be pretty fvckin good.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

No no no NO.

Having two rocks on the blueline is similar to have a great 1-2 punch in the starting rotation. It's no guarantee that you'll win the WS, but it's pretty much a guarantee that you're going to be good every year. Look at us with Stevens-Nieds, look at the Rags winning their lone Cup with Zubov-Leetch, St Louis was very competitive with MacInnis-Pronger. The Avs won a cup with Blake-Bourque

Not saying Merrill and Larsson will be like any of those players...but we can't give either away and have to take the chance of both of them developing here. Because if both reach FULL potential, it's gonna be pretty fvckin good.

Exactly

Count me in as one of those that does not like the proposal. Based on how he's played to this point and what the Leafs apparently think of him, trading Merrill would be buying high when we ought to be buying low.

Jason obviously has a better handle on the talent level of prospects than most of us, including me. But I wouldn't want to give up on a potential first pairing defenseman for someone who has been a disappointment up until now. I'm also not that worried about Merrill's supposed character issues. We don't know exactly what he did to have his draft position slip and what caused his suspension, but it appears to be the sort of things that a lot of young people get in trouble for all the time. I'm sure there are numerous other prosepcts who have done the same sort of thing, Merrill just got caught.

Maybe a deal that involves Greene or Urbom would work.