FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nicely put, mr. sheeps.

I haven't had a chat with a Ranger fan on NHL.com chat that didn't go "we've kicked your butts in the playoffs every time we meet."

I don't even succumb to the ... hmmm, where have you been lately crap. It's just not worth it to do it every damn time.

They don't seem to recognize that their 1994 team is not exactly our 1994 team any longer...

It's really not worth fighting about to me. It's so boring and old hat. But yes, I smile when the Rangers lose. I laugh when I see Holikenstein at -4. I understand Derek's pain, but that's his cross to bear, just like we all have ours.

I was actually torn up over our loss last night DESPITE the fact that we got the point. Really, I'm way too attached to this team. I probably need to be weaned or something.

Ah, what a novel concept.  To think the Rangers mean so much to Devils fans.  It's never enough that their team wins.  They might be the laughing$tock of the league but at least they aren't the joke of a fanbase that mocks other teams and can't even show up and sell out their own building until the third round.

What will be the excuse this year?

I got a wish:  A 1st Round Curse On You.

Pin that!

You gotta understand how the devils have been the past few years our expectations for our team are high, we know that our team will win because our teams is better than yours. Its proven that teams like the rag$ can't beat us we're just too good. As this relates to fan attendance we just expect and know that we'll win, unlike in your case where you wanna be at every possible game because for that slight chance the rag$ might accually win one. And you wanna be able to tell everyone else that you were there when the rag$ accually won a game. And seeing how history repeats its self it will be another 50 years till you win a cup(maybe) you'll hear all the arena's chanting 1994. So go to your own rag$ forum and i hope to run into you at the CAA on the 25th (hopefully with my car) and you'll see your piss poor rag$ lose again to the better team.

Edited by DevilMinder

Guys, come on.. this is no time for such insults..

I feel sorry.

We're going to miss these guys come April.

We'll miss stories on Boris Mironov's Jerry Rice-like workout regimen, we'll miss Matthew Barnaby's class, we'll miss Eric Lindros's all-out, go-for-it play, we'll miss Bobby Holik's quiet grace, we'll miss Darius Kasparaitis's stunning mediocrity, we'll miss Mark Messier's simian antics, we'll miss the criminal Tibbetts.. oh, you all can laugh now, but it's just hiding the tears inside of each of us.

We'll miss you, 2002-2003 New York Rangers. Wear that sweater proudly. Go down fighting! You wouldn't do it any other way, would you?

Derek, the frustration, the pain, the anguish, the embarrassment of yet another season down the tubes, and the creeping realization that this long nightmare is far from over, is all too apparent in your post. My heartfelt condolences.

And ain't it funny that a first round playoff loss would be a failure for the Devs but the high point of the past SIX YEARS for the Rangers?

BTW Triumph. a classic post. As Homer Simpson put it best, "It's funny because it's true!!"

Pin that!

Speaking of pinning things, where did my increasingly prophetic comment, I have never taken the Rangers seriously end up?

If memory serves me correctly, you utilized it in your signature for a while, but it disappeared at about the same time the Rangers playoff hopes disappered ... sometime in late October! :evil:

Edited by DevilMinder

As if the Ranger$ fans wouldn't love to have the shoe on the other foot? I know there was sure no shortage of smack talk from Ranger$ fans on the AO-Hell boards in '97 when the Ranger$ beat us, far more mean-spirited than this thread too, which as people have pointed out is in a Devils forum after all. I think we'd look pretty silly going over to the Cafe and whining about every Devil diss over there. Just as we'd look classless flaming over there.

Some of you choose to be classy, fine.

But personally, when I think of the rangers, all that pompous gloating about 94 and our playoff record makes my blood boil, and I'm more than happy to dance and cheer the Rangers going down in flames, especially when Holik was brought in as their saviour and the trash talking reached a fever pitch.

I guess rag fans are choking on that trash huh? Dont taste too good eh?

Burn in hell you Broadway dimwits. Don't expect this attendance thing to last too much longer, most of the hockey fans I meet these days are Devils fans. Us college boys need some money.

Ah, I love it.

Ah, what a novel concept.  To think the Rangers mean so much to Devils fans.  It's never enough that their team wins.  They might be the laughing$tock of the league but at least they aren't the joke of a fanbase that mocks other teams and can't even show up and sell out their own building until the third round.

What will be the excuse this year?

I got a wish:  A 1st Round Curse On You.

Pin that!

You gotta understand how the devils have been the past few years our expectations for our team are high, we know that our team will win because our teams is better than yours. Its proven that teams like the rag$ can't beat us we're just too good. As this relates to fan attendance we just expect and know that we'll win, unlike in your case where you wanna be at every possible game because for that slight chance the rag$ might accually win one. And you wanna be able to tell everyone else that you were there when the rag$ accually won a game. And seeing how history repeats its self it will be another 50 years till you win a cup(maybe) you'll hear all the arena's chanting 1994. So go to your own rag$ forum and i hope to run into you at the CAA on the 25th (hopefully with my car) and you'll see your piss poor rag$ lose again to the better team.

16w...logic never works on a person who refuses to take their medication ;)

For a Devils fan it's a pleasure to rip the Rangers.

There are some classy words posted here about the Devils & Rangers

I think it started as a great thread.

Some posters have taken this thread from classy to something lower by fixating on Derek21.

Class would stick to Ranger trash talk.

We all know how we felt in '94. Ranger Fans must feel worse than that because of the sheer volume of losses, not only this season.

For a Devils fan it's a pleasure to rip the Rangers.

There are some classy words posted here about the Devils & Rangers

I think it started as a great thread.

Some posters  have taken this thread from classy to something lower by fixating on Derek21.

Class would stick to Ranger trash talk.

People kind of take umbrage to first-round curses set by people claiming to be above such behavior.

I think it's working its way back in the right direction, but there certainly was cause to react.

What's so all-fired-great about classy, we're hockey fans -- not women in finishing school! ;)

First, let me give a big welcome to Derek. Been too long since you have graced our little board here.

In terms of the smack talk, well its just our way of saying we love the rangers. We love the fact that they are on basic cable(For most) and were stuck on a pay station. We love the fact that even though they haven't been in the playoffs for five years and counting that they will still get mulitpe games on ESPN/ESPN2 and ABC. We love the fact that they have caused, along with Detroit/Avs/Dallas, the salary structure in the league to get so out of hand that we probably will lose the 2004 season to a lockout/strike. We love the fact that for the first 15 years of our existence that most Devil/Ranger games in the swamp were 50-60% ranger fans. We love the fact that most Ranger articles are filled with, in most cases painfully, comments pointing to the hoped for turnaround, while most Devil articles start with the sentence "In front of only..."

No we love the Rangers, and all they have done for the game of hockey.

And I've been on the Rangercafe and the amount of Devils smack is every bit as pointed as the Ranger smack is here. My only question is, with all they have going for them, why do Ranger fans even bother to think of us at all?

I do believe the FIRST thing out of my mouth on that dreaded day back in 1994, when I had to go back home to Brooklyn admist morons who would not stop honking their horns and painting the streets....

2048 !!!

for those who can't add (the Ranger nation)

that's 1994+54, since you guys can only win when Messier's comet strikes and that's every 54 years... so enjoy the memories and don't wear out that video tape... you'll NEED IT !!!

The starving man only cares about getting food for himself.

But once all his needs are met, he'll start caring about ridiculous things like celebrities and sports, that really have no bearing on him.

Same thing with Devils and Rangers fans.. it doesn't make us happy just that our team is doing well, it makes us happier that the Rangers are in the toilet once again.

Devil Dog makes an excellent point about free agency too, the Rangers represent everything I dislike about hockey in that respect.. I watched them yesterday and couldn't pick out half the players.. I was amazed. I usually know at least 15-16 guys on any given team by number. Their roster just keeps turning over.

Maybe some of the younger generation Devils fans need to experience real anguish and disappointment like Ranger fans have over the past five years to fully understand why this thread is completely over the edge and distasteful.

For me personally, I could give a flying crap about the team that plays in East Rutherford.

The last five years have taught me something. That the only thing that MATTERS is the team I support. That will never change. I want to see them win and qualify for the postseason. I don't care about who loses. I care about what's really IMPORTANT.

Maybe the same thing has to happen to some of you here. Maybe you need to have your team stink and miss the postseason to have reality set back on you.

If I didn't know any better, this thread was made on April 6th, 2003. Wow! Time sure flew. Another season gone badly. Oh well.

The only reason I broke my silence last night was because it wasn't one thread about them. It was three!!!!! Talk about being obsessed. Face it. Some of you are obsessed with the Rangers. Someone posting a photo of Lindros down on all fours was disgusting and a lowpoint for this place.

So, am I supposed to watch the rest of the games? I mean afterall, you people were so obsessed with two bad Ranger losses over the weekend that you chose to eliminate them and put up this "genius thread" on January 26th, 2002.

Why bother watching the remaining 30 games? They have no chance anyway according to the "experts" on this board.

You know something. I'm glad this was done. I hope it comes back to bite you at the end of the schedule because you can bet your asses I will post something about it if the Rangers make it.

It just shows how arrogant some Devil fans can be. They NEVER do anything wrong. Like some of your fans didn't talk trash about how '97 was going to be different?

Every fanbase has jerks. People who make moronic comments ruining it for the classy diehard fans who don't take part in that garbage.

Seems like there's a lot of anger here. Guess there are a lot of Ranger fans over the year who talked smack to Devil fans.

I don't believe in trashtalk. I will continue to root for my team and hope they win every game left on their schedule. That's all I can do as a fan. Support them.

I think the fans who post here are very good fans of their team. If there were more fans like yourselves, maybe you wouldn't have to hear a Brodeur or Madden complain about the lack of support they sometimes get at home games. A lot of you ask why don't the Devils, an elite team get better national television coverage? It's because of sad scenes like the one in Game 6 last year against Carolina. Down a goal when the home team really needed its sixth man, a lot of fans bailed on them with almost 2:00 left and booed. National coverage doesn't want to show that. It's a bad reflection on the game. It's also the fourth major sport way behind football, baseball and everyone's favorite b'ball :rolleyes:

Maybe a new arena will help. One never knows.

See you all in April.

Maybe Devils fans need to experience real anguish and disappointment like Ranger fans have over the past five years

82-87, the old timers have experienced the anguish and pain, so now it's time for the Rangers to get some while the rest of the metro area teams sit back and laugh.

Come on, anguish & pain, 94 was and is the low-point in my Devils fan life. And I started going to games in 82. I'll also never forget the Devils' suck chants at the CAA one game, maybe it was 90 or 91. Imagine hearing that in your building.

Imagine seeing a lunatick going to the 1st row of the upper tier standing in front of the entire section & showing that section & the sections around it on each side holding up a Devils shirt he must've just bought from the souvenir stand, then rip it in half to the delight of the morons sitting around you.

Face it, the last 2 weeks, the Rangers were starting to come alive.

Then 2 bad losses. And you expect warm & fuzzies here?

derek- current devils fans feel disappointment every time this team gets no real credit in national (and local) media. i'm 27 years old and i've felt like the little brother in the metro hockey world for ever.

so you'll excuse me when i get a chuckle out of the big brother not being able to spend his way out of a paper bag to put a decent product on the ice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.