2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

See, I can't stand fans like this. You're a new fan who doesn't know sh!t about sh!t, shut your mouth and know your role.

to me the "where's the devils now" is not too bad cause its legit trash talk at least. Unless he's cutting you off at everything you say with it or something of course which is what they do yeah.

my go to is ALWAYS...

"dude, i've been watching hockey and a Devils fan since in 8 years old... im 30 now, saw my team missing the playoffs 4 times, making it to the finals 5 times, winning it all 3 times. I've seen hall of famers grow right before my eyes. I've been blessed and for someone around my age, i'd only accept crap from a Red Wings fans cause they are the only fan base who did better than us during my whole "fan life". The stuff i can brag about, i saw it all with my very eyes while i was old enough to understand and enjoy it truly. It's not something that happened way before my time like the 24 cups crap." 

i mean, its 100% true. Why would someone my age take crap from another fanbase, i clearly had the best "fan life" from the time i was old enough to understand hockey til now. And we may be entering a dark time now but still, i saw it all already. My blackhawks buddy is always trying to give me sh!t about the devils being bad now and going downhill. Again my go to is always "Dude, you we're a blackhawks fan all your life, went through YEARS of misery and you saw your team win the cup for the first time at 34 lol thats years away for me still and you want to play the cocky card now? At 19 i had 3 cups already you had to wait 34 years to get 1, so sit and shut it lol

to me the "where's the devils now" is not too bad cause its legit trash talk at least. Unless he's cutting you off at everything you say with it or something of course which is what they do yeah.

my go to is ALWAYS...

"dude, i've been watching hockey and a Devils fan since in 8 years old... im 30 now, saw my team missing the playoffs 4 times, making it to the finals 5 times, winning it all 3 times. I've seen hall of famers grow right before my eyes. I've been blessed and for someone around my age, i'd only accept crap from a Red Wings fans cause they are the only fan base who did better than us during my whole "fan life". The stuff i can brag about, i saw it all with my very eyes while i was old enough to understand and enjoy it truly. It's not something that happened way before my time like the 24 cups crap."

i mean, its 100% true. Why would someone my age take crap from another fanbase, i clearly had the best "fan life" from the time i was old enough to understand hockey til now. And we may be entering a dark time now but still, i saw it all already. My blackhawks buddy is always trying to give me sh!t about the devils being bad now and going downhill. Again my go to is always "Dude, you we're a blackhawks fan all your life, went through YEARS of misery and you saw your team win the cup for the first time at 34 lol thats years away for me still and you want to play the cocky card now? At 19 i had 3 cups already you had to wait 34 years to get 1, so sit and shut it lol

I don't take any sh!t from Rag or Phailure fans- if they pop off, I kindly remind them of their pathetic, non-winning histories (one Cup in 74 years for the Rags, no Cups in 39 for the other idiots), tell them how I not only have seen 3 Cups, but saw one of the Cup wins in person in a game 7, and then I go on to remind them of the 10 division and 5 ECF titles as well. And then they usually shut up and whimper to themselves.

I didn't see Tampa getting swept. Wow. fvcking Habs man. I hope someone takes both them and the Rangers out. That's all I want. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dude its hell down here. I just want to be in a long coma and skip this whole playoffs until the habs are done. You have NO IDEA how bad it is, its theatrically over the top crazy

Dude its hell down here. I just want to be in a long coma and skip this whole playoffs until the habs are done. You have NO IDEA how bad it is, its theatrically over the top crazy

They'll be done when Boston dispatches them in the next round. So your coma wouldn't last long. :P

They'll be done when Boston dispatches them in the next round. So your coma wouldn't last long. :P

I hope for his sake you're right but I really could see that being a seven-game series by rote.  With Montreal having the best chance of any team to upend Boston.

I hope for his sake you're right but I really could see that being a seven-game series by rote. With Montreal having the best chance of any team to upend Boston.

Oh it'll be a bloodbath. I expect it to be a long series. But Boston is a better team and they'll have home ice. They should take care of business (assuming all goes as expected against Detroit).

Thanks for nothing Philly

Honestly it's probably for the best if you want to get both Philly and the Rangers out since Pittsburgh is better equipped to match up against the Rangers than the Flyers.

Sucks that the division playoffs are almost certainly going to come down to hoping the lesser of three evils win, but it is what it is.

Living up to the whole "Broad Street Bullies" reputation really makes the current day Flyers teams play stupid hockey.

And in the bitter Devils fan having a bone to pick with certain Rangers fans department: I hope the fans who insist Marty's greatest successes are solely a byproduct of the Devils defensive (trapping) system one day realize that Henrik has been playing behind a team that's been effective at blocking shots over the past few years. I'm basing this off of the eye test though, and acknowledge actual hard stats might prove me otherwise.

My view is a little different than others on this board. I actually NEED the Rangers to win. I'm sure it's cuz I live in philly but I can't relax until the flyers are out.

Carcillo made my night. Funny too because earlier i believe Carcillo got hit with the puck and the fans were cheering. Can't think up any better karma