TICKETS!!!

Onddeck

Well, I think the complaining was justified considering they blew the doors off of it and then the ticket VP comes on and admits they're gouging to sell future season tickets.

There will be a second round on angry people when the stubhub tickets on Wednesday are going for less than the Devils charged for them, as obviously STH paid far far less and can undercut the Devils and still make a very healthy profit.

I am a STH and if I sold below face I would not make a "very healthy profit" for this round. I think the breakdown on what I paid for the finals is somewhere around $130-$140 each and face on my tickets in 117 are $150.

I am a STH and if I sold below face I would not make a "very healthy profit" for this round. I think the breakdown on what I paid for the finals is somewhere around $130-$140 each and face on my tickets in 117 are $150.

O what? And you want to sell those to me for 200? Hmmm deal ;)

I cant believe all of the complaints on hf. It's the freaking CUP FINALS. :doh1:

The gouging complaints are on the money. Presale was yesterday at noon and you can still pull singles at the base of the price levels downstairs. Yeah, if you need to buy 2-4 whatever tickets, they have you by the balls. Both otherwise if you don't care where you sit or you know people in a certain area or you just don't give two about being there by yourself, it's insanity to be paying what they're charging.

It won't hold. For 5 and 7, yeah, it will. If the prices were 75% of what they put out there, I don't think anybody would be complaining.

I *know* what stuff was going for around cutoff on Stubhub for the Rangers series and the Devils pricing overshot on those games too. I passed on a $135 lower bowl ticket for Game 3 because I was a monumental cheapass and wanted to see how low it would go.

I figured probably $150 for the worst up to $250-300 for the lowers behind the net. Anything above that was obviously going to be batsh!t insane. So it's not like everyone was looking for $22 tickets. The huge gap between their prices and STH/PAWP face is going to make things interesting if the sellers can't find buyers.

Prices for Game 1 are gonna crashhhhh on Wednesday...

If you need tickets, be patient and wait it out. Wayyyyy too many brokers holding tickets with no buyers to spend the insane prices they are at right now! My prediction: Around $180-$200 for uppers, and $200-$250 for lowers.....

I *know* what stuff was going for around cutoff on Stubhub for the Rangers series and the Devils pricing overshot on those games too. I passed on a $135 lower bowl ticket for Game 3 because I was a monumental cheapass and wanted to see how low it would go.

I figured probably $150 for the worst up to $250-300 for the lowers behind the net. Anything above that was obviously going to be batsh!t insane. So it's not like everyone was looking for $22 tickets. The huge gap between their prices and STH/PAWP face is going to make things interesting if the sellers can't find buyers.

There's no such thing as overshooting on prices when you sell out the game regardless, and don't have to offer discounts to do it. The only series they overshot on was the Florida first-rounder, since they were running college discounts every game but people that had STH's and PAWP made out like bandits the moment after Henrique scored in double OT.

The thing with HF is the Fan Experience leader posts on there so it's easier to complain when someone's actually listening. And the fact is fans had 'no' warning about what the prices would be before the presale, although there would have been as much complaining if prices had come out beforehand, people would have at least had time to budget or consider if they would pay that much for tickets before the presale started. People thought the face value listed on season tickets was going to be face value for the finals too (the way the Devils listed box office face on the season ticket for the regular season), but it didn't work out that way by a longshot.

It is ironic for the last several years people were complaining season ticket holders didn't get enough value for their tickets, now that they do it's unfair to single-game buyers. You ain't gonna keep everyone happy but making the sth's feel they get more value for their tickets isn't a bad thing. The only thing you could really criticize the Devils for is carpetbombing people with the prices when the presale started.

The fact Games 2 and 5 are on Saturday helps the ticket 'value' tremendously, even if neither winds up being a clinching game. And people'll want to be there for Game 1 just because it's Game 1, opening a series has a certain excitement to it, especially the Finals...Game 2 tends to be the common sale game of a seven-game series, but since it's on a weekend there'll be a market for it too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It is ironic for the last several years people were complaining season ticket holders didn't get enough value for their tickets, now that they do it's unfair to single-game buyers. You ain't gonna keep everyone happy but making the sth's feel they get more value for their tickets isn't a bad thing.

100% spot on. As I posted in a previous series, I truly believe that the Devils will sell more 5-10 game packages than ever next year. First of all, 5 games isnt that many and some of us even hit that many in a 2 month span or less. But the true value is in the ability to get these playoff tickets for (in my case) around 1/3 of the current face. For section 104, I paid less than $100 a seat for the first 3 rounds!

Think about it, I went to 3 Devils/Rangers games in one series for less than what 1 ticket in the uppers is going for now. I feel bad for the non STH fans who are getting eaten alive at this point, but boy is my bank account happy.

It is all a ploy to get as much money as possible from the low amount of remaining tickets, and push people to buy seasons. The goal of every team is to have as many STH's as possible. This run should do wonders for Season Ticket sales for sure....

Yeah, that's basically what they've been doing. The problem with that is that it's kind of a sucker bet, you buy STH's that you can't resell for profit, and unless you're good at selling them, you will eat some.... on the 1 out of 10, or maybe less chance that you get cheap tickets for a deep run. Of course if they have alot more STH's, this also means the STH playoff tickets will go up a bunch too, because there's less inventory for the general public. Let's put it this way, the Devils have existed for 30 seasons. They've gone to the finals 5 times. 3 of the 5 happened in a 4 year span. What's the realistic chance of going deep, obviously it's 1 out of 6, but those 4 years skew the hell out of it. Obviously I'm spoiled as I went to all 3 of them. :lol: So maybe that makes me able to be a jaded ruthless "I'm going to screw the reseller at the last minute or everyone can go to hell!" guy, I dunno. If I hadn't been to one before I would have jumped all over it.

I'm probably gonna go stubhub next year out of spite and do the bare minimum required for playoff tickets, though. I thought it was a tad lame.

And the next wave of cranky people are going to come on Wednesday when people are getting better stuff off secondary for less than someone clinging to the rafters paid. I will get in the building for less than someone in one of the big upper corner sections is paying face.

sh!t, if I don't, I'll just sit down low because if I'm gonna get raped, I'd like to at least see the game.

Edited by maxpower

100% spot on. As I posted in a previous series, I truly believe that the Devils will sell more 5-10 game packages than ever next year. First of all, 5 games isnt that many and some of us even hit that many in a 2 month span or less. But the true value is in the ability to get these playoff tickets for (in my case) around 1/3 of the current face. For section 104, I paid less than $100 a seat for the first 3 rounds!

Think about it, I went to 3 Devils/Rangers games in one series for less than what 1 ticket in the uppers is going for now. I feel bad for the non STH fans who are getting eaten alive at this point, but boy is my bank account happy.

If you read what Eric is writing over on HF, the goal is to eliminate the cheap "playoff incentive" crap ASAP. This is a push for full seasons, which is a rough game to play if you're not committed to showing up 35+ times a season, unless you know how to sell your tickets. 5 game plans and PAWP are gonna die a quick death if their plans work.

If you read what Eric is writing over on HF, the goal is to eliminate the cheap "playoff incentive" crap ASAP. This is a push for full seasons, which is a rough game to play if you're not committed to showing up 35+ times a season, unless you know how to sell your tickets. 5 game plans and PAWP are gonna die a quick death if their plans work.

And if they do that, obviously, my post is moot and obsolete. But as it stands now, it's a small loop hole in the system. But considering how easy it was for me to figure out during the regular season, I'm sure the ticket staff knows damn well too, and will try to eliminate it.

Edited by NLinfante

The other thing to consider is our recent history. How quickly we all forget that Kris Verteeg had two chances on Marty with something like 30 seconds left in game 7. And before that, we hadn't done jack in the playoffs. The PAWP plan wouldn't even be a thought now because it only existed for 1 round.

The ticket office's job is to get butts in seats and make money. For a struggling playoff team, that means cheaper plans with more flexibility. I'm certainly not 100% on this, but I'd bet if you looked at the playoff packages for teams with more consistent playoff success, tickets are more expensive and more difficult to get without being a full STH.

And if they do that, obviously, my post is moot and obsolete. But as it stands now, it's a small loop hole in the system. But considering how easy it was for me to figure out during the regular season, I'm sure the ticket staff knows damn well too, and will try to eliminate it.

It's my plan for next year right now after being a little ticked about this (obviously I did it to myself, I passed on 3-4 because of work, and also I wanted a refund back at the end. To get a refund from the Devils you have to get a bounty hunter, basically, so there's no way I wanted between $1-2K in their hands that I needed to get back, if they lost to the Flyers). To their credit they basically did bend over backwards to get me to buy them, I was just defiant, I guess. LOL. Although, I do not know what they were going to sell them to me for.

It's my plan for next year right now after being a little ticked about this (obviously I did it to myself, I passed on 3-4 because of work, and also I wanted a refund back at the end. To get a refund from the Devils you have to get a bounty hunter, basically, so there's no way I wanted between $1-2K in their hands that I needed to get back, if they lost to the Flyers). To their credit they basically did bend over backwards to get me to buy them, I was just defiant, I guess. LOL. Although, I do not know what they were going to sell them to me for.

I've never had an issue getting refunds from the playoffs from the Devils. It usually takes a week after they are out of the playoffs but never more then that.

How many tickets went on pre-sale? By the time I correctly solved ticketmasters security verification code (4 tries) everything was sold out. Do they have to make it so difficult to read? Not even humans can decode that nonsense! Good grief. lol

i know right!! half the time u can't even read what they want you to type.

Did anyone who bought tickets on stub hub ever have to pick up their tickets using the "last minute service centers?" that was the only option for the tickets i got for game one and the location is the best western in newark..do you just go in the lobby and show them your id and order #? and is it a close walk to the arena? thanks

Did anyone who bought tickets on stub hub ever have to pick up their tickets using the "last minute service centers?" that was the only option for the tickets i got for game one and the location is the best western in newark..do you just go in the lobby and show them your id and order #? and is it a close walk to the arena? thanks

Didn't know the Devils had a last minute pick-up option but I've just had to show my license when I've done it for Giants games or in Baltimore.