TICKETS!!!

Onddeck

Well, I think the complaining was justified considering they blew the doors off of it and then the ticket VP comes on and admits they're gouging to sell future season tickets.

There will be a second round on angry people when the stubhub tickets on Wednesday are going for less than the Devils charged for them, as obviously STH paid far far less and can undercut the Devils and still make a very healthy profit.

if a STH sells tickets to a cup final game instead of going they are lame.

Would I be a fool if I bought some tickets off of stubhub within the next couple days for game 5, 7, or both?

I was out of town the past couple days and didn't have access to the pre-sale. I don't anticipate the prices for those games will get much better, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm willing to pay if it's the best way.

I am a STH and if I sold below face I would not make a "very healthy profit" for this round. I think the breakdown on what I paid for the finals is somewhere around $130-$140 each and face on my tickets in 117 are $150.

what section are you in?

I'm a STH in 130 paid $82.50 (absolute steal) face value printed on ticket is $150.

would never sell but even at face value profit is $67.50

Plus the first two games - let's face it - are typically the ones you pick one to sell to make a profit since they're not deciding games. Especially when some sth's are brokers as it is and don't usually go to games anyway. I'm not among their number but I know how the game outside of the game's played :lol:

I may be either a few minutes late or barely on time for Game 1 but I'm definitely going to that and all the other home games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I am a STH and if I sold below face I would not make a "very healthy profit" for this round. I think the breakdown on what I paid for the finals is somewhere around $130-$140 each and face on my tickets in 117 are $150.

The Devils sold tickets at $300 and up during the presale, and secondary market prices are at least that high for now, they could dip a little for the first two games, but you should make a profit even on 'that'. But I don't see how you even paid that much for season tickets if you're in 117, unless you're in one of the front rows maybe. I'm in 120 and my price is $75 per game (face still listed at $150 on the ticket though that's clearly not the face).

Did anyone who bought tickets on stub hub ever have to pick up their tickets using the "last minute service centers?" that was the only option for the tickets i got for game one and the location is the best western in newark..do you just go in the lobby and show them your id and order #? and is it a close walk to the arena? thanks

I've done it before, there'll be signs in the hotel. It's easy and pretty convenient.

Just got tickets for games 1 and 2 at the pre-sale and a dirt cheap United flight from Munich to Newark and back. I am so happy... a once in a lifetime chance to see the Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals. Sure the tickets are expensive, but compared to the Champions League Final last week they are unbelievably cheap. Guys, if you can afford it, BUY. Who knows if you will ever get the chance again.

GO DEVILS!

• Like 3

Just got tickets for games 1 and 2 at the pre-sale and a dirt cheap United flight from Munich to Newark and back. I am so happy... a once in a lifetime chance to see the Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals. Sure the tickets are expensive, but compared to the Champions League Final last week they are unbelievably cheap. Guys, if you can afford it, BUY. Who knows if you will ever get the chance again.

GO DEVILS!

That's awesome! I hope you enjoy your stay here and have a blast!

GO DEVILS!

Good for you, wow! There's dedication! (But, let's not call it once in a lifetime, pleeeeaaasssee, I hope not.)

Edited by ben00rs

Good for you, wow! There's dedication! (But, let's not call it once in a lifetime, pleeeeaaasssee, I hope not.)

You never know. I believe you should not waste any chances to do something you really love doing. A few times in life I passed on stuff and there was never another chance. Not this time. Since day one I follow this team. Through years of losses and losses... became a fan during another heartbreaker (OT loss at MSG). Saw I believe about 20 games at the Meadowlands before I saw my first win - against Vancouver years and years ago. However, because it is so tough to travel to games short term and get tickets etc I've been to only one Play Off game so far. But when I saw I could get the flight so cheap and I received the Pre-Sale code in the mail I realized this is the chance for me to see my guys play their most important games in years. The other games I'll be glued to the TV. I love this team.

GO DEVILS!

Edited by munichdevil

You never know. I believe you should not waste any chances to do something you really love doing. A few times in life I passed on stuff and there was never another chance. Not this time. Since day one I follow this team. Through years of losses and losses... became a fan during another heartbreaker (OT loss at MSG). Saw I believe about 20 games at the Meadowlands before I saw my first win - against Vancouver years and years ago. However, because it is so tough to travel to games short term and get tickets etc I've been to only one Play Off game so far. But when I saw I could get the flight so cheap and I received the Pre-Sale code in the mail I realized this is the chance for me to see my guys play their most important games in years. The other games I'll be glued to the TV. I love this team.

GO DEVILS!

Flying from Germany to see the Devils. I gotta give ya credit, I really do.

I look at it this way...

Someday (hopefully far away) I'll be dead. If I get the opportunity to contemplate my life before I go, will I say to myself, "I'm so glad I saved the extra 600 dollars because that 600 made such a huge difference in my life and I'm glad to have saved it and used it elsewhere? or .....Am I going to say to myself, "Wow, I got to see my favorite team play in the Stanley Cup Finals and I'm now a part of history?"

I know which one I'm going for. This opportunity doesn't come around often, and when it does you need to jump on it. What are some of your 'breaking points' on tickets? Would you pay 180 per ticket? Probably that sounds about right, but now those same tickets are 320 and most of you balk. Sure it's a bit more money, but honestly 140 dollars more per ticket for a chance of a lifetime. I'd rather have the memory and the experience than the extra $140. That's just my 2 cents.

I'll scrimp and save during the year a bit more to justify the additional cost and I'll be happier for it. To be a part of this magical run, weather it ends in victory or defeat, is something I will treasure. The Game 6 memory I have alone will live with me for forever. Imagine if we get to see a championship in our building? I will not miss it.

Scoops

Edited by Scoopscj

GO DEVILS!

Are you staying just for the game or for a couple days? I dont live close but im sure you can stay with some other fans to save some cash

I look at it this way...

Someday (hopefully far away) I'll be dead. If I get the opportunity to contemplate my life before I go, will I say to myself, "I'm so glad I saved the extra 600 dollars because that 600 made such a huge difference in my life and I'm glad to have saved it and used it elsewhere? or .....Am I going to say to myself, "Wow, I got to see my favorite team play in the Stanley Cup Finals and I'm now a part of history?"

I know which one I'm going for. This opportunity doesn't come around often, and when it does you need to jump on it. What are some of your 'breaking points' on tickets? Would you pay 180 per ticket? Probably that sounds about right, but now those same tickets are 320 and most of you balk. Sure it's a bit more money, but honestly 140 dollars more per ticket for a chance of a lifetime. I'd rather have the memory and the experience than the extra $140. That's just my 2 cents.

I'll scrimp and save during the year a bit more to justify the additional cost and I'll be happier for it. To be a part of this magical run, weather it ends in victory or defeat, is something I will treasure. The Game 6 memory I have alone will live with me for forever. Imagine if we get to see a championship in our building? I will not miss it.

Scoops

I agree with this 100%. My uncle keeps telling me to sell my tickets since I can make a few bucks and I won't do it simply because I've been waiting for this moment to come!