Devils Make Up to Fans for 12/26's Game.

Quinn01

If you werent able to attend last nights game or even if you did go to the game last night, the Devils are offering you tickets to another game in the future:

Tuesday Jan. 4 7:00 Minnesota Wild Ski Hat Giveaway

Sunday Jan. 9 5:00 Tampa Bay Lightning

Sunday Jan. 23 3:00 Florida Panthers

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66784&navid=DL|NJD|home

Edited by Quinn01
  • Like 1

With the amount of free games / discounted tickets the Devils are giving out this year, and seeing as how this team isn't getting better any time soon, Vanderbeek must be bleeding money. We have a lot of high priced contracts coming off the books the next 1-2 years. I wonder if Vanderbeek will keep the team's budget at the cap limit.

I got 10 tickets for about 90-100 in the 100's for this game, and well I have 9 tickets (a board member got one), plus my seasons. My parents plan does not include any of the three games listed, so tickets to all of them for them :). 3 free games for attending one game. Not bad at all :)

The free tickets don't really help sth's much since they already have tickets to those games (and additionally a couple of them were included among the free extras sth's already got). So once again you have the sth's complaining that the partial plan holders and single game purchasers get the benefits over them.

Granted I don't see what else the Devils could have done (maybe offer the sth's a food and beverage credit equivalent of their ticket cost), at least it's better than last year when they only offered discounted tickets to certain games after the Philly snowstorm game.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What would you like? "THANK YOU DEVILS! This does not effect me at all, but it totally makes up for the fact that you've skated a sub-par team with a losing coach, wasting my hard earned money!"

Good for the fans that get rewarded, who gives a rats ass to those of us who don't.

How about - cool - or simply nice to see they were thinking of the fans?

MB- do you doubt that folks here love to crucify them for every misstep, but are silent when they get it right?

In there defense they've iced an above-par team for 15+ years now - so wouldn't you agree you have had your moneys worth for a bit?

Just a thought.

As NJD4978 pointed out, if you're a season ticket holder you don't care... and the amount of non-season ticket holders that had tickets to the game after christmas that also post on this board and clicked on this thread is probably a very slim number. I think the Devils suck with stuff like this -- sure, it's a nice thing that they did, but not nice enough for me to jump on and laud them: especially when it doesn't concern/affect me in the slightest.

I get it MB - I'm just making a point.

The next time they make a misstep - and the bitch thread begins - I hope a few of us remember things like this.

That's your problem right there. You just said it plural; "things" like this. If new tickets because of a snowed out game is the thing our marketing department is going to hang their hats on, we've got a lot of problems.

OK, but in their defense they have been making strides. Some people may dislike the ideas (because its fun to bitch) but there a few things in the last few years directly from the marketing letters I've seen that show that they are listening:

1.) More bobbleheads - they gave us a 4 pack - and FREE for STH's

2.) Devils Army Promotion - at least there is a PROMOTION

3.) Devils Army Generals - letting the fans lead the fans - more fan involvement - thats a step

4.) Free ticket promotions in bad times

5.) Pretty sweet STH holiday gift (by the way what was this years?)

Of course, its not enough - and then someone is going to bitch about ticket prices - but its leaps and bounds compared to the last 5 years or so.

Something tells me that as things get worse that more of this will become really necessary.

Figures, Devils organization does the right thing, makes it up to fans - three post responses here at NJDEVS.

No props or fan appreciation when they do something right.

What gives?

Figures. Instead of posting something positive, you complain about how everybody else isn't positive enough.

What would you like? "THANK YOU DEVILS! This does not effect me at all, but it totally makes up for the fact that you've skated a sub-par team with a losing coach, wasting my hard earned money!"

Good for the fans that get rewarded, who gives a rats ass to those of us who don't.

Nice way to be selfish. If I was a sth and got these extra tickets I would give them to my family or fans who couldn't afford tickets. People are so selfish and greedy sometimes. And hard earned money....is that your money or your parents?

Why are we obligated to comment on something that doesn't affect us? I did not go to the game, therefore I do not get this offer. Doesn't make me upset nor thrilled. Explain why every little thing deserves a comment?

This doesnt really effect me either. But I still appreciate the gesture for other fans who it does help.

This doesnt really effect me either. But I still appreciate the gesture for other fans who it does help.

I appreciate it too and it was the right thing to do. My question is why are people complaining that we are not commenting on it? Yeah this is a year full of negativity, but we do not need to comment on every little thing that the Devils marketing does that does not affect us whether good or bad.