2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Did PK Subban not pay attention during the Bruins series?  The Habs are lucky to be where they are considering Boston destroyed them in every aspect of the game.  Boston hitting 20+ posts and missing more than a dozen empty nets is what I call "lucky". 

I think you need to make the distinction:  Do you "hate" the Rangers or do you really just "hate" Ranger fans?

Both.  DUH! 

Exactly. There is NOTHING about that sh!tbag organization that I either like or respect.

They are such a bland team, I am not sure how they evoke such hatred.   I could see during the past, with Avery, Messier, etc.  But they are so vanilla now.   I am rather apathetic towards them.

What has happened to you? 

What do you mean?  I've always despised the Rangers and their fans.  I haven't exactly made that a secret.  I've written extensively on why. 

I could ask you the same thing...it's one thing to say you might not understand the level of hatred towards any given team, but to say you'd actively cheer for a fierce rival who's playing in the ECF, no matter how "vanilla" they might be at the moment?  I think you'd have to search very long and hard to find a die hard Devil fan who'd say they'd ever "cheer" on the Rangers in a situation like this one.  The ONLY times I ever want the Rangers to win is during the regular season, and ONLY when their doing so directly benefits the Devils.  Other than that, I want them to lose every single game.  I don't care about the names on the back of their jerseys.  Just the diagonal-stitched letters on the front.  I've always hated the Rangers and I always will. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

They are such a bland team, I am not sure how they evoke such hatred. I could see during the past, with Avery, Messier, etc. But they are so vanilla now. I am rather apathetic towards them.

They're the Rangers. All they need to do is pull that stupid blue jersey over their head to evoke hatred from me.

I think you need to make the distinction:  Do you "hate" the Rangers or do you really just "hate" Ranger fans?

Of all the questions that make one scratch their head and just go 'huh?!' Screw that sh!tty organization and their sh!tty fans.

They are such a bland team, I am not sure how they evoke such hatred.   I could see during the past, with Avery, Messier, etc.  But they are so vanilla now.   I am rather apathetic towards them.

Its not just the players, its their whole setup. You like Dolan? You like Al Trautwig? You like more MSG rennovation commercials with a construction worker saying he saw Kreider raise the cup while he installed a toilet in the 3rd concourse? You want to see Messier come skate on the ice crying?

Of all the questions that make one scratch their head and just go 'huh?!' Screw that sh!tty organization and their sh!tty fans.

Its not just the players, its their whole setup. You like Dolan? You like Al Trautwig? You like more MSG rennovation commercials with a construction worker saying he saw Kreider raise the cup while he installed a toilet in the 3rd concourse? You want to see Messier come skate on the ice crying?

Instead he will now come out driving one of those sh!tty-looking motorized tricycles he has been promoting with enough tears to re-surface the ice.

Instead he will now come out driving one of those sh!tty-looking motorized tricycles he has been promoting with enough tears to re-surface the ice.

And his big gaping cartoon mouth wide open acting like he himself just re-won the cup

the only guy i like is nash cause hes the least ranger like.

im glad they have boyle cause it means they will never win

Nash is one of the few players on their team I legitimately don't respect. One year into a ninety year deal with Columbus he stomps his feet and not only wants out but only wants to go to the Rangers.

'Duuuuuuuh I grew up coming to the Gahden and seeing losers like Rod Gilbert and Vic Hatfield win nothin' all dose years, but Ranguh tradition bleed blue brah!! And den 94 OMG 94!!!!! 94!! Messier 94!!!! 94 was amazin, this year is jus like 94!!! Ranguhs!!' Edited by MadDog2020

What do you mean?  I've always despised the Rangers and their fans.  I haven't exactly made that a secret.  I've written extensively on why. 

I could ask you the same thing...it's one thing to say you might not understand the level of hatred towards any given team, but to say you'd actively cheer for a fierce rival who's playing in the ECF, no matter how "vanilla" they might be at the moment?  I think you'd have to search very long and hard to find a die hard Devil fan who'd say they'd ever "cheer" on the Rangers in a situation like this one.  The ONLY times I ever want the Rangers to win is during the regular season, and ONLY when their doing so directly benefits the Devils.  Other than that, I want them to lose every single game.  I don't care about the names on the back of their jerseys.  Just the diagonal-stitched letters on the front.  I've always hated the Rangers and I always will. 

You usually have a logical and calm deemer and I typically look to you as a voice of reason.   But on this thread you seem unhinged.

I don't consider the Rags a "fierce" rival, more of a geographic rival (currently).  I would hardly describe my cheering as "active".  I would rather see them win, than Montreal, that is the extent of it.    If insecure fantatics can't handle this, that is not my problem. 

Hit me! 

You usually have a logical and calm deemer and I typically look to you as a voice of reason. But on this thread you seem unhinged.

I don't consider the Rags a "fierce" rival, more of a geographic rival (currently). I would hardly describe my cheering as "active". I would rather see them win, than Montreal, that is the extent of it. If insecure fantatics can't handle this, that is not my problem.

Hit me!

That's even more holier than thou than usual of you. I'm impressed.

You usually have a logical and calm deemer and I typically look to you as a voice of reason.   But on this thread you seem unhinged.

I don't consider the Rags a "fierce" rival, more of a geographic rival (currently).  I would hardly describe my cheering as "active".  I would rather see them win, than Montreal, that is the extent of it.    If insecure fantatics can't handle this, that is not my problem. 

Hit me! 

You have to admit though, for a Devils fan, your viewpoint is a bit unusual.  I'd say the majority of Devils fans consider the Rangers to be Hated Rival #1.  It could be different for Devils fans living in South Jersey, as it would seem more likely they'd hate the Flyers more than the Rangers...they're dealing with Flyer fans more often down there, and depending on what market they're in, they may have access to more Flyer games. 

I don't think I'm being even a little illogical here...ask most Devils fans living in Central and North Jersey, and they'll probably tell you:

1) They hate the Rangers as much as they can (the passion of the hatred may vary),

and

2) There probably isn't an opponent the Rangers can play that would lead them to root for the Rangers over that opponent.

I think the most complicated of the #2 scenarios is Flyers vs. Rangers.  It's not a question of who do you want to win, it's who do you want to lose more?  I think that one varies from fan to fan, and on that one I don't think there can be a right or wrong. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

You have to admit though, for a Devils fan, your viewpoint is a bit unusual.  I'd say the majority of Devils fans consider the Rangers to be Hated Rival #1.  It could be different for Devils fans living in South Jersey, as it would seem more likely they'd hate the Flyers more than the Rangers...they're dealing with Flyer fans more often down there, and depending on what market they're in, they may have access to more Flyer games. 

I don't think I'm being even a little illogical here...ask most Devils fans living in Central and North Jersey, and they'll probably tell you:

1) They hate the Rangers as much as they can (the passion of the hatred may vary),

and

2) There probably isn't an opponent the Rangers can play that would lead them to root for the Rangers over that opponent.

I think the most complicated of the #2 scenarios is Flyers vs. Rangers.  It's not a question of who do you want to win, it's who do you want to lose more?  I think that one varies from fan to fan, and on that one I don't think there can be a right or wrong. 

I understand your point, I am not one to follow the herd.   It is a unique position for a Devils fan, but I guess I dislike Montreal more than the Rangers.  I just don't think the Rangers are good enough to fear/hate. 

im in no mans land and all three teams meet here, flyers are not that bad yes they are dirty but they are loyal.

rangers fans boo nash before and after hes a ranger i mean wtf is that about.

Edited by lazer